ersan

DayZ.ST - $30/mo for 50 Slot US/EU Servers - FTP - DayZ 1.8.0.3 - Epoch 1.0.3.1 - Instant Setup - Custom Panel - Live Map Tool

I'm still here you know... without a BattlEye protected server.

No clue what that means, BattlEye is an option in the control panel. E-mail admin@dayz.st if you're looking for support, the inbox is clear (and of the few emails that I saw in there none of them mention battleye).

Any idea if Sahrani actually works yet? My server remained unusable for 3 days waiting for a response as to why it wasn't working. A week after I switched to a different map I finally get an email saying Sahrani wasn't ready yet? Why is it "available" if it doesn't work?

Any idea if Sahrani actually works yet? My server remained unusable for 3 days waiting for a response as to why it wasn't working. A week after I switched to a different map I finally get an email saying Sahrani wasn't ready yet? Why is it "available" if it doesn't work?

Sahrani should be fixed now, sorry about that.

We're also updating Namalsk to 0.75 soon and working on adding Overwatch.  Not sure why nobody else is running Namalsk 0.75

Edited by ersan191

Any news on the DC node that went down over 24 hours ago?

As far as I know all DC nodes are up now.

Namalsk is now updated to 0.75, Sahrani is now completely supported, and Overwatch will be coming soon.

Edited by ersan191

Namalsk is now updated to 0.75, Sahrani is now completely supported, and Overwatch will be coming soon.

This is very good news.  :thumbsup:

Overwatch is now available under Mods for Chernarus.

they were both answered by me when he made the post. Ask him if you like

Do you have similar functionality to the custom script addon villayer has?

All servers are now running the current version of Epoch, Sahrani, and Overwatch. Please remember to revert to default pbo's if you are running these maps/mods since the pbo's used before will no longer work.

when i go to the order part theres only chernarus no overwatch is it after purchase that i choose overwatch?

Once you order you will see mods on your control panel, you will just need to simply click on that and you will see overwatch in the drop down list.

Is DayZ.ST having trouble with PayPal?

I received a message Sunday morning that my regular monthly PayPal subscription payment did not process properly and I should check my funding source on PayPal. When I attempted to do so, I was presented with three funding options, none of which could be selected; the radio buttons would not check. Most unusual.

I sent messages to both admin@dayz.st and to PayPal yesterday morning as well as follow-up emails this evening. No response yet, either from DayZ.ST or from PayPal.

I really don't want to lose this server. Up to this incident, we've never had the slightest problem.

Our server is still running great...so far.

This sure looks like a PayPal issue, but none of my other PayPal subscriptions are having trouble. I even had a PayPal Netflix subscription payment run just fine earlier today.

From my standpoint, this seems like an issue with how DayZ.ST set up their acceptable PayPal subscription options...of course I may well be wrong.

Any ideas? Am I the only one reporting this type of problem or are there others?

Edited by Eurastus

Here's a follow-up to my previous post:

I received a nice e-mail from DayZ.ST support this morning.  Thanks for replying and letting me know my options.

Secondly, PayPal finally answered my query with the following statement:

I understand that you are having issues changing the assigned funding source for your subscription with HostFlux LLC. PayPal is aware of this ongoing issue which was caused by a system upgrade. This has been escalated to our Technical Department who is still working towards a resolution.

It would appear, then, that this is squarely a problem with PayPal.  I can only hope they remedy the situation before DayZ.ST cuts off my server!!

I wonder if other users will face similar problems when DayZ.ST hits their PayPal subscription for the next month.

We are aware of this issue, and are hoping that PayPal will have this issue resolved within the next week. If it is unable to be resolved we will do everything we can to make sure nobody loses their server over a faulty issue caused by PayPal.

I apologize for the inconvenience this is causing.

What great customer service!

Yet another reason why DayZ.ST is a great hosting platform!

Thanks again!

When is Dayz.st setting up another city with DDOS protection?  

NY or Dallas maybe ???

Edited by Gooober

I noticed you guys are swapping servers for DC on the 28th. Is it absolutely necessary to change IPs? 

I just feel the server is going to die when they can no longer find the old server in their favorites.

When is Dayz.st setting up another city with DDOS protection?  

NY or Dallas maybe ???

We are working on making arrangements in Dallas for better protection than we currently have (but not something we would advertise as 'ddos protected') - that could be available as soon as this week, and are working on a Chicago location with full protection.  Chicago was scheduled to be available sometime in November, but we may have to ramp up this timeframe significantly due to the situation we are currently in with Softlayer.  We also have a prospect in Ashburn, VA - but that won't be for at least 3 months.

I noticed you guys are swapping servers for DC on the 28th. Is it absolutely necessary to change IPs? 

I just feel the server is going to die when they can no longer find the old server in their favorites.

With the state we are currently in (all servers in Dallas and Washington DC are currently nullrouted due to daily DDoS attacks) we may end up having to change everyone's IP's in those locations anyway.  We believe Softlayer intends to terminate our contract with them, but we won't know until Monday.  It's been a pretty bad week for us, these non-stop attacks are making things very difficult.

Edited by ersan191

I have my server located in LA.  So, I am not sure if you guys did something related to the DDoS attacks.  But, starting this past weekend, I am no longer able to make changes to my server.  I make changes in the control panel and then click "Save and Restart".  I get the 70-second count down and then the control panel comes back.  Everything looks normal.  However, when I log into the game, nothing has changed.

Any idea what is going on?

I have my server located in LA.  So, I am not sure if you guys did something related to the DDoS attacks.  But, starting this past weekend, I am no longer able to make changes to my server.  I make changes in the control panel and then click "Save and Restart".  I get the 70-second count down and then the control panel comes back.  Everything looks normal.  However, when I log into the game, nothing has changed.

Any idea what is going on?

Best to send an e-mail to support (admin@dayz.st) - haven't heard of anyone else having a problem like that.  It generally means your server has a ghost process and is running twice and the ghost needs to be killed.  Often times these problems are resolved on their own automatically within a few hours but if it persists contact support, they can help.

Okay we finally got word about what is going to happen.

Softlayer is forcing us to close all of our servers in Washington DC and Dallas due to 'excessive' DDoS attacks.

We have struck a deal with a DDoS-specialized hosting company in Chicago, and we intend to move all Washington DC and Dallas servers to the Chicago location as soon as humanly possible (ideally by today or tomorrow but I don't have information on that yet).  This will unfortunately mean that servers will lose their IP and ports to be moved to the new location.  This is regrettable but unavoidable.  Any files that were uploaded via FTP to your server (BattlEye filters or additional PBO's) will be lost in the transition, all other settings are intact.

We had intended to offer Chicago as an additional option sometime in late October/early November but we have no choice but to ramp it up to this week.

Here is a chart I made that shows pings from various locations and explains why we ultimately decided against using Dallas and BHS/Vancouver (besides the fact that they don't have 'guaranteed' ddos protection): http://i.imgur.com/fnOf39U.png

We will now be offering servers at two of the three most trusted DDoS-protected providers in the US (Black Lotus and GigeNET, Staminus is the other one but they are also in Los Angeles). We are very happy and proud to be able to do this at the current prices, generally good DDoS protection is upwards of a thousand dollars a month per server.  Unfortunately there aren't options like this in Europe, but London has basic DDoS protection that seems to hold up pretty well.

We will be doing something similar for servers hosted in Amsterdam, they will either be moved to our current location in London or a new location in France - I'll make a decision on that later but right now we're just trying to get Dallas and DC handled.

For anyone considering using Softlayer as a host in the future - don't.  Someone can take down your entire infrastructure with a 10-zombie botnet using DNS reflection.

Edited by ersan191