ersan

DayZ.ST - $30/mo for 50 Slot US/EU Servers - FTP - DayZ 1.8.0.3 - Epoch 1.0.3.1 - Instant Setup - Custom Panel - Live Map Tool

Yes I suppose I don't know what I am talking about considering I used to have an .st server it was under constant DDOS attack.

Clearly.

I'm really not that informed about Epoch, I think I was told that problem was with 1.0.1.4 itself but I'm not sure. If whoever responded to you said they were looking into it they've probably taken initiative on the matter. I'm personally working on BP private hive support atm.

Well that doesn't exactly fill me with confidence....

I don't know who it was who responded to me as it was just a response from the generic administrator email account. According to the Epoch Devs and the community forum, it's an issue with all .ST servers. The mod simply doesnt work on 1.01.4 on ST servers out of the box but works fine on other servers (that don't require a re-write of the original code).

The only feedback I'm getting from their community is "try a different server host" which, to be honest, is what we will have to do if things don't get sorted by the end of the week as we need a more stable and consistent service for this mod.

Edited by Box

Updated to Epoch 1.0.1.5 while forums were down.  Sahrani should be available very soon.

Any update on the private hives for breaking point?

As far as I know they are still very unstable/feature incomplete - but I've been out of town the last 4 days.

I emailed the admin@dayz.st about a payment issue and i havent got a email back yet and my server is down because i cant pay for the server.

Im not sure, why not check their website or their post on the forums?

Does anyone know if Dayz.st has the Overwatch mod available on there servers?

We do not currently.  We may introduce it in the future - initially we didn't want to because servers running overwatch were ddos magnets.  If that has changed we will reconsider it.

We're having an extremely irritating issue with our server hosted with DayZst.

We have tried emailing your support line but have either got one sentence responses with information I already know and just repeated to me following several emails fully detailing why I cannot fix the issue or with out latest email for example have gained no response and it's almost been 48 hours later.

The issue is with a script restriction (46). We haven't even been on our server once because BattlEye persistently kicks us for this restriction. We have tried fixing it according to the last advice we received from you but it has not worked as you will see from the following:

//1 setVariable !"\"setVariable\"," !"_x setVariable[\"lastAttack\",time];" !"player setVariable[\"USEC_lowBlood\"," !"player setVariable [\"temperature\",dayz_temperatur," !"_x setVariable [\"zombied\",objNull,true];" !"_x setVariable [\"cleared\",true,true];" !"_x setVariable [\"looted\",_dateNow,true];" !"_agent setVariable [_name, _value];" !"player setVariable[\"medForceUpdate\"," !"player setVariable [\"bodyName\",dayz_playerName,true];" !"uiNamespace setVariable ['DAYZ_GUI_display', _this select 0];" !"_agent setvariable [\"state\",_state];" !"uinamespace setvariable ['BIS_InfoText',_this select 0]" !"_agent setvariable [\"state\",_state];" !"_item setVariable [\"created\",(DateToNumber date),true];" !"_unit setVariable [\"myDest\",_pos];" !"player setVariable [\"messing\",[dayz_hunger,dayz_thirst],true];" !"_hitter setVariable[\"headShots\",(_headShots + 1),true];" !"_hitter setVariable["\firedHit\",[_zed,_selection],true];" !"_hitter setVariable["\firedDamage\",_damage,true];" !"_killer setVariable[_type,(_kills + 1),true];" !"_zombie setVariable [\"targets\"," !"_group setVariable [\"targets\"," !"_unit setVariable [\"hit_legs\",0];" !"_unit setVariable [\"hit_hands\",0];" !"_unit setVariable [_strH,_damage,true];" !"player setVariable [\"BIS_Conversations\", true];" !"    _ent setHit [\"legs\",1];\n_ent setVariable [\"hit_legs\",2,true];" !"player setVariable[\"star\""

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This is the edit I have made to scripts.txt. I first tried adding the variable at the end which is the exception needing to be added according to the log but that did not work so I completely commented out the line as also recommended by you. This has still not worked.

Here is the log (look for #46):

28.07.2013 14:32:13: Jonny (ip) 6ac89297fb67808f0dc7c4ef6c5ca4d0 - #21 "(ns_aii_l_status == 1) then {_light = "#LightPoint" createVehicleLocal [4978.8086,6630.834,0];_light setLightBrightness ns_a"28.07.2013 14:32:13: Jonny (ip) 6ac89297fb67808f0dc7c4ef6c5ca4d0 - #73 "FoldTable" createVehicle [4984.2925,6606.5459,0]; _object setPosASL [4984.21,6605.85,28.2215];_object setVectorUp [0,0,1];_ob"28.07.2013 14:32:13: Jonny (ip) 6ac89297fb67808f0dc7c4ef6c5ca4d0 - #124 " setLightBrightness ns_aii_l_intensity;sleep 0.5;}; deleteVehicle _light;deleteVehicle _light2;deleteVehicle _light3;};"28.07.2013 14:32:18: Jonny (ip) 6ac89297fb67808f0dc7c4ef6c5ca4d0 - #46 "!ns_blowout_dayz) then{  _puvodni_pocasi = overcast;35 setOvercast 1;};if (ns_blowout_dayz) then {player setVariable["star"

We are very disappointed with the support feedback time we have been receiving and would like to sort this out once and for all. As I've mentioned before, we haven't even been able to play on our server once.

I should also mention to those who are reading this for the first time that the map our server is running is Namalsk.

Edited by JonnyDeadly

You might want to edit the logs and hide your IP address Jonny, You never know who reads these posts.

It shows you location and your ISP is Sky (BSKYB-BROADBAND)

I'm not really too bothered about that to be honest. But I've edited it anyway, thanks for the heads up.

PS: To any moderator(s) moderating I accidently reported his post instead of making a reply :P

Edited by JonnyDeadly

I got a new sever from Dayz.st yesterday and it won't let me login. I hope this isn't the beginning of a bad situation. I emailed them right away but no response. Anyone have any idea of how long it takes for support to respond to emails? I would really like to get in and start using it and so far I can not find it in the server browser either. It should be running Breaking Point.

I would really like to see DayZ.st do the Overwatch Mod. I see a lot of people asking for it and and after all it is in commander.

This. Get rid of broken point and bring in overwatch. This slow to get the new mods/maps are what's making me consider switching hosts. Sad really since I have no other complaints about .st.

I would really like to see DayZ.st do the Overwatch Mod. I see a lot of people asking for it and and after all it is in commander.

This. Get rid of broken point and bring in overwatch. This slow to get the new mods/maps are what's making me consider switching hosts. Sad really since I have no other complaints about .st.

I have not really played Breking Point yet. What the the problem with it?

Nobody offers Overwatch hosting, we are generally the first to offer support for a new map or mod.  Most of our competitors don't even have epoch or sahrani yet.

Newer dayz mods change more and more files and have more and more convoluted server systems since the death of the unified hive architecture of bliss which take us longer to try and implement and support with our control panel with as many features enabled as possible.

To the person trying to get our support to help with your BattlEye filters, we do not generally do that - it is your responsibility to find BattlEye filters that work, modified BE filters are in the realm of 'customization' (similar to modified PBO's) for which we offer little or no support.

Additionally, as I said several times, Overwatch servers were a magnet for DDoS attacks and we do not want this sort of traffic on our network.

I got a new sever from Dayz.st yesterday and it won't let me login. I hope this isn't the beginning of a bad situation. I emailed them right away but no response. Anyone have any idea of how long it takes for support to respond to emails? I would really like to get in and start using it and so far I can not find it in the server browser either. It should be running Breaking Point.

We have no control over the breaking point server browser, and they insist on requiring it to play breaking point - the frequency that they refresh the list of active servers is unknown to us.  If your server says it is 'running' in your control panel then it is running, there is an IP and port listed so you can check for yourself.  If it is not showing up in their server browser and your server shows as running you'll have to ask them why. Edited by ersan191

Nobody offers Overwatch hosting, we are generally the first to offer support for a new map or mod.  Most of our competitors don't even have epoch or sahrani yet.

Newer dayz mods change more and more files and have more and more convoluted server systems since the death of the unified hive architecture of bliss which take us longer to try and implement and support with our control panel with as many features enabled as possible.

To the person trying to get our support to help with your BattlEye filters, we do not generally do that - it is your responsibility to find BattlEye filters that work, modified BE filters are in the realm of 'customization' (similar to modified PBO's) for which we offer little or no support.

Additionally, as I said several times, Overwatch servers were a magnet for DDoS attacks and we do not want this sort of traffic on our network.

We have no control over the breaking point server browser, and they insist on requiring it to play breaking point - the frequency that they refresh the list of active servers is unknown to us.  If your server says it is 'running' in your control panel then it is running, there is an IP and port listed so you can check for yourself.  If it is not showing up in their server browser and your server shows as running you'll have to ask them why.

hfb has had overwatch for awhile now, same with epoch and sahrani. Also looks like vilayer has overwatch and epoch, not sure about sahrani.

hfb has had overwatch for awhile now, same with epoch and sahrani. Also looks like vilayer has overwatch and epoch, not sure about sahrani.

Didn't know, they haven't updated their threads, posted anything on twitter, or updated their websites. (hfb has updated their website, didn't see before posting). I was more referring to dayzpriv though since as far as I know they are the only large competitor of ours outside of breaking point.

All I found about vilayer were unasnwered posts:

http://opendayz.net/threads/install-overwatch-on-vilayer-dayz-server.12710/

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/143820-install-ovetwatch-on-vilayer-dayz-server/

We'll consider Overwatch soon - sahrani is done I believe, Overwatch can be next.

Edited by ersan191

Just got this message out of nowhere from our Los Angeles datacenter:

START: 01/Aug/13 at 1600 U.S. Pacific

END: 02/Aug/13 at 0400 U.S. Pacific

Black Lotus network engineering is declaring an emergency maintenance to replace multiple layers of core network equipment which have been resulting in packet loss to the network when under heavy load since 28/Jul/13. This emergency maintenance is large in scale and is being declared as a last resort due to the growing magnitude of this problem.

Edited by ersan191