ersan

DayZ.ST - $30/mo for 50 Slot US/EU Servers - FTP - DayZ 1.8.0.3 - Epoch 1.0.3.1 - Instant Setup - Custom Panel - Live Map Tool

The death messages and timed messages from the DB are still not working! everything else is spot on other then that!

Timed messages working for me but they are in caps for some reason?

death messages working fine too :D

Edited by seaweed

I second this

try being hosted with SS before you start crying out for new maps when they have only just been released lol I'll be happy if Tavania is added within a week or two :P

try being hosted with SS before you start crying out for new maps when they have only just been released lol I'll be happy if Tavania is added within a week or two :P

ST always provides maps faster than anyone else, informing them the server files are available is far from crying out

The software that parses the stream runs on your PC, but the server must stream the information to make it working. These informations are a constant flux, that floods the RCON, because RCON is not designed for this purpose (not on this scale at least).

So even if you don't run the software on your PC, the informations are still sent to the console, so i'm asking a way to disable/enable them when/if required.

I don't know why you are using RCON anyway DART is much better, doesn't get flooded by gotcha at all. You can ban GUIDS IP all at once and it doesn't bark about donations like RCON does.

I don't know why you are using RCON anyway DART is much better, doesn't get flooded by gotcha at all. You can ban GUIDS IP all at once and it doesn't bark about donations like RCON does.

RCON is the acronym for "Remote CONsole" (BE RCON). Dart is one of the clients used to control the server via RCON (i use both DART and RCON by Sonar). The flood made by Gotcha is not about the text you see on your screen.. what you see it's just the filtered text (depending on what information you decide to filter out), but the console is still flooded with ALL the informations streamed to your Gotcha client.

In other words, even if you decide to read the chat only, the RCON cannot cope with all the traffic made to serve gotcha, and it's buffered, after a while it got delayed by several minutes, making the antihack itself reacting very slowly, and so the chat.

The only way to avoid this flood is to DISABLE all that shit going on the remote console.

ST always provides maps faster than anyone else, informing them the server files are available is far from crying out

True and now the server files for taviana are out i bet dayz.st is one of the first to host it

Ersan - PPLLLEAASSSEEEE drop these a message, the server files for Taviana have been release and i think everyone wants to host it :D

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/109060-taviana-server-files/

Looks like that thread got deleted? I'm not seeing the server files anywhere and there's no pending pull requests to add it to Bliss at the moment.

I'm looking forward to adding the map as much as anyone and as soon as it's available (and works with bliss) I'll have it up and running as fast as possible.

The software that parses the stream runs on your PC, but the server must stream the information to make it working. These informations are a constant flux, that floods the RCON, because RCON is not designed for this purpose (not on this scale at least).

So even if you don't run the software on your PC, the informations are still sent to the console, so i'm asking a way to disable/enable them when/if required.

The latest version of DaRT (0.7) has filters that hide the script detection log entries and only shows chat, and Gotcha has always done this. If you still want them disabled it's easy to do, just send us an e-mail. There shouldn't really be that much latency in the rcon messages unless the server itself is running at low fps (like 35+ players can cause this sometimes).

Edited by ersan191
  • Like 1

The latest version of DaRT (0.7) has filters that hide the script detection log entries and only shows chat, and Gotcha has always done this. If you still want them disabled it's easy to do, just send us an e-mail. There shouldn't really be that much latency in the rcon messages unless the server itself is running at low fps (like 35+ players can cause this sometimes).

These clients only filters the log locally: they received ALL the messages to filter only the ones you're inerested into (in example the chat only), but ... as i said.. all the msgs are still there.

My chat, right after some minutes, starts to lag heavily.. like 4 minutes or more, if the server is running by hours, it can lag for 10 minutes, it means i read the message written 10 minute before.

If you can solve the problem without disabling gotcha it will be fine for me.. if you say that this behavior isn't normal can we look into it? Otherwise i'll email you to have gotcha disabled and check if that works.

These clients only filters the log locally: they received ALL the messages to filter only the ones you're inerested into (in example the chat only), but ... as i said.. all the msgs are still there.

My chat, right after some minutes, starts to lag heavily.. like 4 minutes or more, if the server is running by hours, it can lag for 10 minutes, it means i read the message written 10 minute before.

If you can solve the problem without disabling gotcha it will be fine for me.. if you say that this behavior isn't normal can we look into it? Otherwise i'll email you to have gotcha disabled and check if that works.

Well thats just you then mate; the past 3 servers I have run on different hosts I have used gotcha and my chat has never lagged noticably.

Well thats just you then mate; the past 3 servers I have run on different hosts I have used gotcha and my chat has never lagged noticably.

I can confirm that my gotcha chat lags very bad allso, and it really doesnt even take 10 players, when it starts to get delayd.

We're having an issue with the database reverts. We had to revert twice in one day, due to hackers. Now every time someone dies they're put back where the database saved them, with all their gear. It's making PvP and playing in general stale because you never lose your items.

Is there anything we can do? There is currently no way to be a 'fresh spawn' on our server unless it's your first time; or you were saved in the 'fresh spawn' state.

Some players are complaining that they're recieving the message "Cannot join the session. Wrong password was given." even though the server is not password protected. They also said it's redirecting them to another server and the game crashes.

I double checked the control panel, but cannot find anything out of the ordinary. Any ideas?

We are having problems with people attempting to join our server and ending up connecting to another server. Any reason as to why or how this is happening sometimes?

Is there a way to add multi line messages in the MOTD and make it repeat say once every hour through the Database?

Just i have a website up and running and wanna try direct people towards it for upto date game info.

Cheers

Some players are complaining that they're recieving the message "Cannot join the session. Wrong password was given." even though the server is not password protected. They also said it's redirecting them to another server and the game crashes.

I double checked the control panel, but cannot find anything out of the ordinary. Any ideas?

We are having problems with people attempting to join our server and ending up connecting to another server. Any reason as to why or how this is happening sometimes?

This is a rare and very strange bug that we have yet to determine the cause of (and thus solution to) - it only started occuring with the latest ArmA2 patch (99153). I have a somewhat educated guess as to how to fix it that I'm going to try to implement tomorrow (it will involve opting to change your server port, so be warned). We will not force people to change their ports but if they want to do it to try and fix the problem they can.

Is there a way to add multi line messages in the MOTD and make it repeat say once every hour through the Database?

Just i have a website up and running and wanna try direct people towards it for upto date game info.

Cheers

Yes, use the 'message' table in the database - the intervals are in seconds.

We're having an issue with the database reverts. We had to revert twice in one day, due to hackers. Now every time someone dies they're put back where the database saved them, with all their gear. It's making PvP and playing in general stale because you never lose your items.

Is there anything we can do? There is currently no way to be a 'fresh spawn' on our server unless it's your first time; or you were saved in the 'fresh spawn' state.

I thought I had fixed this problem yesterday for future backups, when was the backup you restored from? What you can do is before you restore the backup go to edit database -> SQL and paste this:

SET foreign_key_checks = 0; TRUNCATE TABLE survivor; SET foreign_key_checks = 1;

Then restore the backup and the problem should go away.

Edited by ersan191

If the port changes, the server will show as dead in the players favorites, correct?

If the port changes, the server will show as dead in the players favorites, correct?

Correct.

Correct.

I guess I really don't have a choice as I can no longer join myself and recieve the same message.

This is a rare and very strange bug that we have yet to determine the cause of (and thus solution to) - it only started occuring with the latest ArmA2 patch (99153). I have a somewhat educated guess as to how to fix it that I'm going to try to implement tomorrow (it will involve opting to change your server port, so be warned). We will not force people to change their ports but if they want to do it to try and fix the problem they can.

Yes, use the 'message' table in the database - the intervals are in seconds.

I thought I had fixed this problem yesterday for future backups, when was the backup you restored from? What you can do is before you restore the backup go to edit database -> SQL and paste this:

SET foreign_key_checks = 0; TRUNCATE TABLE survivor; SET foreign_key_checks = 1;

Then restore the backup and the problem should go away.

Any chance you could have a quick look at my messages table and tell me why all my messages are coming out in capital letters?

bliss_743 is the db

Backup system has been re-done and backups are now performed every 30 minutes. The new system should be faster and more reliable (and the issues with duplicate survivors after a restore should be gone on any backups made after now). You will have to wait for your DNS to update (it may take a couple hours) before you can restore the new backups.

To people having problems with being joined to the wrong server when you attempt to join yours:

You can now have your port switched to the new schema (port 2600 base + 18 per server) by moving your server to another location and then back again - please be quick as we don't want someone else to buy a slot there and take up the whole server before you can switch back.

Your IP *may* change and your port *WILL* change if you do this. This means anyone who has your server saved as a favorite will not be able to connect through favorites until they update the IP/port manually.

Can we have a switch in the CP for enabling "Show joining/leaving"?

https://github.com/ayan4m1/DayZ-Private/issues/243

Will add it to the to-do list.

Edited by ersan191

Can i have a definitive reply about the Gotcha issue, it's hard to determine if it's a configuration problem or a general gotcha issue without your input. Answering some easy questions would help tho:

- Are you running a server with 30+ user all the day? If not, you may or not experience the same problem, so better to stick with the experience of who run an almost full server, so we can find if it's a common issue. So if you're running a server with less users than this, ignore this post for now.

- If you're running a a 30+ users server and you're NOT experience any chat lag, may you tell us what client you're using and what test you performed exactly? In example: i run a server with 40 users, i use Dart 0.7 and Gotcha client, and after 2 hours of having the server running, my Dart 0.7 chat window (and my Gotcha chat window as well) are showing the in-game chat in real time (or almost in real time with no noticiable delay).

If the above admin exists, ersan can easily compare our configurations to determine what's wrong. Thank you!

Do I need FTP access to edit the spawn scripts?

I would like to add rMod weapons to the loot, is this possible without FTP access?

Do I need FTP access to edit the spawn scripts?

I would like to add rMod weapons to the loot, is this possible without FTP access?

This is not possible at all with any kind of access.

Edited by ersan191