ersan

DayZ.ST - $30/mo for 50 Slot US/EU Servers - FTP - DayZ 1.8.0.3 - Epoch 1.0.3.1 - Instant Setup - Custom Panel - Live Map Tool

Switched just now from shitty SS, so impressed so far once I have ftp access I will be over the moon.

• Like 2

We'd love to switch but it says they're all sold out!

Edited by GERuss

Added ability to edit backpack type (not yet contents) in inventory and loadout editor.

9wq5b.png

If you change pack types it will keep the contents of the old backpack, I'm not sure what will happen if you move to a smaller backpack and have too many items for it to carry. If you remove the backpack entirely and save it will remove the contents as well.

Also added the option to enable Side Chat on Official hive servers (since it is now allowed). DayZ team has been approving new official instances but the problem is by the time they approve them the server we ordered them for is sold out...

We'd love to switch but it says they're all sold out!

We have plenty of London and one Salt Lake City server available.

Tomorrow we should have Washington DC available and the day after that more Salt Lake City.

Edited by ersan191
  • Like 2

Added ability to edit backpack type (not yet contents) in inventory and loadout editor.

9wq5b.png

If you change pack types it will keep the contents of the old backpack, I'm not sure what will happen if you move to a smaller backpack and have too many items for it to carry. If you remove the backpack entirely and save it will remove the contents as well.

Also added the option to enable Side Chat on Official hive servers (since it is now allowed). DayZ team has been approving new official instances but the problem is by the time they approve them the server we ordered them for is sold out...

Tomorrow we should have Washington DC available and the day after that more Salt Lake City.

SweeT! Might pick a Dc Up Tomorrow :D

Any chance of making the server_console log available in the log files?

Also support for multi line MOTD and the new Bliss static date value?

So impressed with your service and control panel leagues ahead of SS no idea why I went with them originally.

Edited by seaweed

Any chance of making the server_console log available in the log files?

Also support for multi line MOTD and the new Bliss static date value?

So impressed with your service and control panel leagues ahead of SS no idea why I went with them originally.

arma 2 server never seems to update the server_console.log file until the server is closed so we never included it. Multi line MOTD (and more advanced messaging) can be achieved through the 'messages' table in the database. And we will probably add support for the date fairly soon.

I am used to have a server hosted at DayZ.ST and we've been satisfied till we had an error from PayPal with the payment. I had over 1200 euro's on my bank account and over 150 euro's on my paypal balance and my CC active on my PayPal account. After an error by PayPal we lost our server and it is inmedietly given away to some other community.

After the error mail from paypal we were not notified and inmedietly taken down and our server got transfered to some one else. We sended an mail inmedietly to settle this issue after that we had no reply for 5+ hours and counting. We did noticed they did posted several times on Twitter during the current time frame.

We did not minded it got a bit over sold and laggy when there 25 ~ 35 players on but this is seriously retarded what hapend.

arma 2 server never seems to update the server_console.log file until the server is closed so we never included it. Multi line MOTD (and more advanced messaging) can be achieved through the 'messages' table in the database. And we will probably add support for the date fairly soon.

We've always found it useful for being able to read chat messages but yeah it doesn't always get updated until the server restarts, sometimes stuff is missing too, its not major it is something I miss though.

Great news thanks I'll take a look at the messages table, didn't realise there was a database method for handling it.

Really can't wait for the static date values shouldn't be a big edit so hopefully you get it in soon. I have got to say I am so impressed so with your infrastructure tools and setup times, maybe it's just because I came from such a terrible host before lol. Once FTP is in place I will be a happy man indeed, can't recommend your services enough.

My only other question is, what times do the scheduled restarts take place, I would like to put warning messages in for my users but don't know what time to set them for. Also is the server clock GMT (I'm on the london host).

/\ the scheduled restarts will take place depending on what interval you set in the cp, i.e if you set it to 3 hours then restarted the server at 3pm the next restart would be 6 pm etc etc , you dont have to set warning messages either, thats taken care for you.

also ...

whats happened to backups ?

will we ever have ftp access ?

and will we get BEC and Anti Hax ?

the amount of script kids passing through is getting ridiculous now, i cant sit at my pc 24/7 trying to catch them all myself and dont really want to whitelist the server , if we had BEC i could atleast give others power to remove people from the game.

/\ the scheduled restarts will take place depending on what interval you set in the cp, i.e if you set it to 3 hours then restarted the server at 3pm the next restart would be 6 pm etc etc , you dont have to set warning messages either, thats taken care for you.

Ah cool thanks for that automated warnings is a nice addition.

Didn't realise there was no BEC or antihax, hopefully these come soon, we never had enough people in our SS server to encounter many hackers seeing as the rest of their service was so shitty.

I am used to have a server hosted at DayZ.ST and we've been satisfied till we had an error from PayPal with the payment. I had over 1200 euro's on my bank account and over 150 euro's on my paypal balance and my CC active on my PayPal account. After an error by PayPal we lost our server and it is inmedietly given away to some other community.

After the error mail from paypal we were not notified and inmedietly taken down and our server got transfered to some one else. We sended an mail inmedietly to settle this issue after that we had no reply for 5+ hours and counting. We did noticed they did posted several times on Twitter during the current time frame.

We did not minded it got a bit over sold and laggy when there 25 ~ 35 players on but this is seriously retarded what hapend.

For one thing it's currently 8AM here, our support isn't even open and hasn't been for hours.

I thought I had answered your e-mail earlier, but you sent an e-check (bank transfer) payment on November 24 that failed on the 27th - your funding source for the subscription was set to your Bank account instead of your PayPal balance, if your funding source was not an e-check it would have attempted payment two more times before ending your term. We accept e-check payments and assume they are valid until they fail, so we essentially gave you 3 days of service that you didn't pay for. You should contact PayPal or your bank and see why your payment didn't go through as we have no control over that. Our services cost money and if we aren't paid we don't provide the service, it's that simple.

In the e-mail I believe I said you could sign up again using the exact same username and any backups you had would still be available to restore. It may be possible to get your IP and port combination back if the person who has it now does not mind - we have facilitated these conversations in the past and the other party usually has no problem with it.

also ...

whats happened to backups ?

will we ever have ftp access ?

and will we get BEC and Anti Hax ?

the amount of script kids passing through is getting ridiculous now, i cant sit at my pc 24/7 trying to catch them all myself and dont really want to whitelist the server , if we had BEC i could atleast give others power to remove people from the game.

Scheduled restarts occur x hours after your server starts up (they are not at specific times like other providers). There are already built-in warnings at 1 hour, 30 minutes, 10 minutes, and 1 minute before the restart.

Backups should work right now but they are on a 6-hour cycle instead of the 30-minute cycle like I would prefer. Some work needs to be done to move them to a different file structure to put them back at 30 minutes.

I was working on FTP access earlier today and will continue, it is my highest priority at the moment. We specifically advertised as NOT having FTP access so as not to mislead people.

BEC requires FTP access to configure so it will come afterwards.

I was (and mostly still am) under the impression that DayZ Anti-hax is absolutely useless at catching hackers and has no better detection than the current BattlEye filters do. It will be added but until I receive contrary evidence it is a low priority. The new version of Gotcha antihack shows much more promise and it will apparently cost money - ideally (if it works) I would like to license the software from the developers and enable it as an option on all of our servers for free.

Edited by ersan191

Sending you a PM*

Further I had no mail from DayZ.ST inside my mailbox*

//Edit:

About the 3 Days Extra / PayPal related things:

As I have mentioned in previous post: I had enough money on my PayPal Balance / CC and Bank account.

Edited by Companion

The death messages and timed messages from the DB are still not working! everything else is spot on other then that!

The new version of Gotcha antihack shows much more promise and it will apparently cost money - ideally (if it works) I would like to license the software from the developers and enable it as an option on all of our servers for free.

Which version of Gotcha have you been using?

I have this on my server 0.8,3, and to be honest with you I think it is pretty shite in all honesty. I don't know if I have it set up correctly but all I use it for is server messages and as a deteriant to make people think my server is more secure than they think it is.

My server is also running RMOD, which also gets people kicked all the time for so called teleporting for flying fast choppers.

I do agree with you adding things like this should be a low priority as apart from being a deteriant they are useless.

DayZ.ST Tried to fix up the database and did offered of restoring the server in original state, which I have declined without offensive reasons. He tried to recover backups as well without success. Good luck with Selling!

There has been quite a few people asking recently about who want to rent a server from DAYZ.ST recently, so I thought I would also have a say.

DAYZ.ST are by far the best server provider I have used(although my last provider was Survival Servers and tbh a badger and a cockroach could provide a better service than them), the control panel is incredibly easy to use and all the features work without too much problems.

The important things:

1. Instant setup.

2. The server in the month I have been with them has had ZERO downtime, this is a massive contrast from my previous supplier where my server was down for 10 days and unuasable for many more.

2. The support is absolute first class, Erson is incredible at what he does, emails are answered within 15 minutes and he is always really helpful with problems.

3. The control panel is very easy to use and everything works most of the time, the editing inventories can be buggy at times but everything else is brilliant. The adding vehicles part is always an absolute must if your server runs RMOD.

4. Yes 'ALWAYS DAYTIME' does work on PVT Hives providing you set the restart interval to 8 hours.

5. The servers always run the latest versions of Beta Patch and Maps

6. Problems are fixed very quickly, look at Survival Servers people moan about problems many days later which DAYZ.ST have fixed within 2 hours.

7. New features are being added all the time which is an absolute great help, the live map is a brilliant feature.

The only downside is no FTP access but I personally do not see where the issue is here.

I could not recommend DAYZ.ST highly enough, brilliant lag free servers and very good/quick support.

To see what I have to say about Survival Servers just go on there page. Or any post slagging them off because Survival Servers are absolute cowboys and should be shut down for being money grabbing arseholes.

• Like 2

Which version of Gotcha have you been using?

I have this on my server 0.8,3, and to be honest with you I think it is pretty shite in all honesty. I don't know if I have it set up correctly but all I use it for is server messages and as a deteriant to make people think my server is more secure than they think it is.

My server is also running RMOD, which also gets people kicked all the time for so called teleporting for flying fast choppers.

I do agree with you adding things like this should be a low priority as apart from being a deteriant they are useless.

You can disable to teleport detection in the gotcha antihacks settings first page bottom right corner. It has been documented by the gotcha devs and server admins that it is not entirely accurate. In your case with running rMOD honestly gotcha really isn't useful for you unless you want to block certain weapons from being used. Which you can select on the items page of the settings. You also would need to have dayz.st's support add in lines in your log files for gotcha to even do its job. Personally for what it is, it does a decent job. It also handles automatic scheduled messages very well which is useful seeing how we don't have BEC at this point.

ersan that would be awesome if you could contract gotcha as a feature for your company, the new version from what I saw on gotcha's forums does show quite a bit of promise. From what I read it seems they actually may have this teleporting to a more detectable level as well....obviously it won't be perfect but as of right now that feature is unusable. But my main problem with script kiddies is the teleporting, everything else I can usually catch on my own while scanning inventories.

As said.. gotcha atm does nothing, or to be honest it only helps you to find ppl with hacked gear.. assuming that the cheater is so stupid to spawn a hacked gun (in fact most of the time you're going to ban innocent ppl that aren't aware of legit guns and have found a ammobox around..).

This feature alone can be performed with TONS LESS resource with a simply DB query, without having a PC on h24.

Also the scheduled messages aren't necessary anymore, you can do it with the message table (Bliss code).

What gotcha really does great is FLOODING the damn rcon, making the chat very delayed.

So i'm asking again ersan: is there any way to this disable this thing until there's really a good reason to have it aboard? Because it is making my admin work even less efficient! (i cannot read the chat from remote, so if something bad happens i figure it only after minutes and when everyone have left the server already in rage).

Thank you.

Edited by WalkerDown

As said.. gotcha atm does nothing, or to be honest it only helps you to find ppl with hacked gear.. assuming that the cheater is so stupid to spawn a hacked gun (in fact most of the time you're going to ban innocent ppl that aren't aware of legit guns and have found a ammobox around..).

This feature alone can be performed with TONS LESS resource with a simply DB query, without having a PC on h24.

Also the scheduled messages aren't necessary anymore, you can do it with the message table (Bliss code).

What gotcha really does great is FLOODING the damn rcon, making the chat very delayed.

So i'm asking again ersan: is there any way to this disable this thing until there's really a good reason to have it aboard? Because it is making my admin work even less efficient! (i cannot read the chat from remote, so if something bad happens i figure it only after minutes and when everyone have left the server already in rage).

Thank you.

If you don't like using GOTCHA why are you using it? Just turn it off if it annoys you that much.

The question you asked is surely a question for the GOTCHA people not for the server provider.

I personally have absolutly no problem with GOTCHA it doesn't make chat really slow on mine, yes I have to have my PC on 24/7 but then my PC is on 24/7 anyway.

To me it seems the problems your having is by using external software and nothing to do with your server provider.

If you don't like using GOTCHA

It's not a matter if i like it or not.. this is not a beauty contest, it's about if it works or not.

why are you using it?

This is actually what i've asked.. if you didn't figured it. I want it disabled, i may reconsider it in the future (if it will works).

Just turn it off if it annoys you that much.

Gotcha is SERVER SIDE .. it's enabled on the server not on my PC. Not sure if you know how it works tho...

The question you asked is surely a question for the GOTCHA people not for the server provider.

It's the server provider that has to disable it on my server... i can't do it myself.

I personally have absolutly no problem with GOTCHA it doesn't make chat really slow on mine, yes I have to have my PC on 24/7 but then my PC is on 24/7 anyway.

You don't have an almost fully server the whole day probably... with only few user it works, the problems begins with tenth users (i have an average of 40 users... and during the peek times the server is full). It floods the RCON with hundred messages per minute, making the rcon delayed by several minutes right after the server starts.

To me it seems the problems your having is by using external software and nothing to do with your server provider.

Again, I believe you don't know how Gotcha works.

We must be using different software, I use Gotcha AntiHack and that works client side and not server side, I have heard there is also Gotcha AntiHax.

And your right my server doesn't get that full, I have about 20 people who play on it every night.

But my server is also password protected as it is the best way to be free from hackers and I know all the people who play on my server.

Edited by Bernardo

We must be using different software, I use Gotcha AntiHack and that works client side and not server side, I have heard there is also Gotcha AntiHax.

The software that parses the stream runs on your PC, but the server must stream the information to make it working. These informations are a constant flux, that floods the RCON, because RCON is not designed for this purpose (not on this scale at least).

So even if you don't run the software on your PC, the informations are still sent to the console, so i'm asking a way to disable/enable them when/if required.