ersan

DayZ.ST - $30/mo for 50 Slot US/EU Servers - FTP - DayZ 1.8.0.3 - Epoch 1.0.3.1 - Instant Setup - Custom Panel - Live Map Tool

I'm interested in renting a server from you guys, but a few questions first.

1. Is ftp access available now? I saw earlier in the thread that it was being worked on.

2. How long does it take to get up and running. If I ordered a server today, would it be ready today?

3. How easy is it to switch maps if desired? Can I run Namalsk for a day and then switch to Chernarus if I want to?

4. What about switching from private to public hive? Can I do that or am I stuck with one or the other?

5. How quick do you get back to me on support tickets? My clan has had 2 servers already and both of them had crappy service, can you convince me that your company is different?

That's all I can think of for now.. Let's see how quick you get back to me on this. ;)

Edit: It seems some of my questions have been answered throughout this thread.

I would still appreciate an answer to the ftp question, and the one about how you're different from other companies.

My credit card awaits your response. ;)

1. ftp isn't available as of yet

2. When we ordered our server it was up almost instantly after making our initial payment

3. Switching maps is simple as choosing which map you want out of a drop down menu. However If I am not mistaken I do believe it changes your servers IP which is something worth noting(I'm pretty sure I saw ersan say this at some point)

4. From public to private can easily be done, the other way around would be probably be a little more tricky with instance ids and all.

5. In my experience if you email then you'll get a response within a few hours, irc almost immediately they will answer your question

I would highly reccomend them, I was with survival servers and god that was terrible. These guys actually know what they are doing business wise and their servers work wonderfully. Only had one occasion where the server was completely down and it was resolved with a couple hours. Updates along the way on what was happening.

I am also interested but would like to know if the hive private server I have the option of zone time in static configurations and follow the pattern of the global server, even restarting 2 times a day continue to follow the schedule

I hope to have been understood

Well I went for it. All the positive feedback clinched it for me.

I'm currently running Namalsk, but I'm not sure if I want to run a private or public server and not sure what map I'll end up with in the long run.

Extremely happy with how quickly I was up and running and pleasantly surprised by the extra features that I wasn't expecting. (custom loadouts, in-game map with player/spawn positions.) etc..

Thanks to everyone who replied to my questions. You should get some credit for convincing me to make the purchase. :)

An honest opinion: you pay for what you have, or even more. Support is fast, the owner dedication to improve the platform to offer new services is great, in other words i would suggest it for the price.

Now on the hardware, as you may understand .. for $30/mo you won't have a powerfull dedicate server all for you! You're going to share the server with others (multi instances), so the performance isn't constant.. but it's more than acceptable.

The database is shared (even with private servers), and this is maybe the part that can be improved in the future, even after the recent DB migration it still a little too slow for my taste.. but again you rarely find it a serious problem.

You won't find any better *managed service*, neither for more than this price at the moment.

The only other better option, that would give you an almost "perfect" server (no lag, no desyinch..), is to rent a dedicate server and to manage all the dayz installation and maintenance yourself. This means having (much more) time, and spend 6 times that price (you won't find anything for less than $180 with decent specs).

To resume: if you're looking for a managed dayz service, this is the place. If you are looking for the perfect no solution, no matter about the cost, then you must rent a dedicate server.

You won't find any better *managed service*, neither for more than this price at the moment.

Yup agreed.. so far so good.

I've just been messing with the starting load-out stuff, does anyone know how to set the starting back-pack to a Czech Vest Pouch ? I can find everything but packs in the options.. :/

As for the rest, the starting loadout for my server is: 1 bandage, 1 morphine and a hatchet.. I think it's a fair start.

:)

(ps. I've got night turned off for now so a flashlight is redundant.. that said, I have plans for this server...) ;)

Edited by Cyanyde

I think I saw that ayan4m1 posted a code tweak that fixed kill messages and such. Do you have any plan on applying this or are you just waiting for the next update?

I think I saw that ayan4m1 posted a code tweak that fixed kill messages and such. Do you have any plan on applying this or are you just waiting for the next update?

Applied it about 10 minutes after it was released, posted on twitter.

I don't see the option to enable it in the control panel like before, is that going to be put back on, or is it on our server no matter what?

Changing maps will no longer change your IP, Port, or Instance ID - it will still reset your database to defaults.

mbg_celle2 got added to DayZCommander tonight as well.

I don't see the option to enable it in the control panel like before, is that going to be put back on, or is it on our server no matter what?

It should be there if you're running a private hive and on any map other than Lingor (and maybe Namalsk?) Lingor does not work with kill messages because of internal functions and Namalsk may or may not still be bugged (I think it works though)

Edited by ersan191
  • Like 1

It should be there if you're running a private hive and on any map other than Lingor (and maybe Namalsk?) Lingor does not work with kill messages because of internal functions and Namalsk may or may not still be bugged (I think it works though)

AHHH! That is the issue, we have Lingor as our map.

Edited by almaxkiller

Ok we just changed to Celle and Kill Messages are not working. Also we are getting REALLY bad lag and desync (to the point where our server is crashing).

Edited by almaxkiller

Ok we just changed to Celle and Kill Messages are not working. Also we are getting REALLY bad lag and desync (to the point where our server is crashing).

According to stats all the servers are low load right now, are you sure?

Any word on specifying the starting backpack in the load-out options?

I don't see any way to change what pack my players start with.

(trying to make the "Czech Vest Pouch" the starter pack)

Also, I have my server set to "always daytime" and it's currently night time.. not sure what's with that.

Edited by Cyanyde

How long have you been renting a server from them, and how much uptime vs. downtime have you seen?

What was the longest you ever had to wait for a reply?

I assume you recommend this provider then? It's nice to hear from one of their clients.. your answers mean even more to me than someone who represents the companies would.

Been renting from them a couple of months, this is the 3rd host I've tried, and so far, will be the last, I don't feel the need to look anywhere else.

I have only had one 'outage' and it was less then 30 minutes.

I've had to wait a couple of hours for a reply before, but that reply was to let me know the request was already completed.

3. Switching maps is simple as choosing which map you want out of a drop down menu. However If I am not mistaken I do believe it changes your servers IP which is something worth noting(I'm pretty sure I saw ersan say this at some point)

Swapping maps doesn't change the IP, changing datacenters (i.e. from Dallas to Seattle, or something) does.

Changing maps does wipe the database, so I always back mine up locally first.

Any word on specifying the starting backpack in the load-out options?

I don't see any way to change what pack my players start with.

(trying to make the "Czech Vest Pouch" the starter pack)

Also, I have my server set to "always daytime" and it's currently night time.. not sure what's with that.

On your CP - right below the 'Vehicle Limit' block, is a link to change starting loadout... pretty simple interface, select what you want them to have and save the loadout. You can't swap the backpack though, that you will need to do in the database

The nighttime thing is a bug... I don't run daytime only, and can't rememebr what you need to do to fix that...

Edited by Core618

On your CP - right below the 'Vehicle Limit' block, is a link to change starting loadout... pretty simple interface, select what you want them to have and save the loadout. You can't swap the backpack though, that you will need to do in the database

The nighttime thing is a bug... I don't run daytime only, and can't rememebr what you need to do to fix that...

Ah got ya, thanks for the reply. I played around with the loadouts but I haven't messed with the database yet, is there anywhere that I can read up on what does what? (link?)

I don't want to mess with it without having at least some idea of what I'm doing.

Edited by Cyanyde

I may have fixed always daytime, the time zone on the new dallas server was set wrong. Try restarting and it should set your server to 8am when it comes up.

Will be adding backpacks (but not backpack contents) to the loadout editor this week sometime.

New London node is online, slots are available to order in London.

Are there slots available in Dallas? I would like to switch my server from Utah when possible, I live in Ontario, so Dallas tends to give me better pings than the West coast does. No rush, just curious.. things have been great so far. :)

Kill messages still dont work... Chernarus. Sometimes players are spawning with or without gear to same place they died. Havent seen that in couple weeks but its back again.

I absolutely love my new DayZ.ST server! The control pannel is fantastic, the map/vehicle/player tool is awesome, and the custom loadout tool is the greatest thing ever! My server has been running great. I get a better ping than my last hosts Dallas server. My server is running correctly too which is appreciated it. It is restarting as it should loot is cycling correctly, vehicles are respawning after they are crashed. I don't know what to do with my self now,lol. This is the server hosting experience I was looking for, too bad I spent two months with the wrong company.

I agree, I've run servers for other games in the past, and not only is this the best DayZ server provider, it's also been the best overall server hosting experience I've had in my gaming career. Great job! :)

My control panel is slow as hell by hours already... not sure if it's only my problem.

EDIT: the server is gone as well.. only 4 users on it .. i can't even logging (it's the UK host).

EDIT2: after a while it seems fixed now.. and ppl are coming back aboard (hopefully..).

Edited by WalkerDown

Switched today... Within minutes my server was up, had a friend run around in it. Right now I'm very pleased. The admin panel is good. Straightforward. Looks like FTP access may come later, that's all good with me. Love the map, it's detailed towns, etc. Love that. I see we will soon have the option to insert buildings which I am very interested in. I'm sure it can be done through the dbs but the ease of use on the map is awesome. I love that ability.

I settled on the Utah since it was the only available and we are mostly east coaster playing on it but ping is very manageable at less than 100. I'm very happy and thanks for having my server up so quickly.

Have beans!