xav (DayZ)

this is FKING BULLCHIT

Hahaha another "dead friend"... don't expect too much out of people, they will stab you the moment you turn your back to them. Better not engage in any kind of onversation except the weapon type conversation or avoid them completely.

Stay away from Electro and Cherno.

Most people I meet in game usually only ever get to talk to the business end of my M107 XD

I just hope I'd at least get legit players to kill me, instead of the game bugs totally raping me for 8 hours straight or a hacker who spawns behind me and shoots me.. and does it again when I spawn and try to run back north to my tent... and again... and again... and when I get to my tent, the connection is lostand when I finally get back on the server 15 minutes later, the tent is gone. So I guess the server restarted and because the hacker killed me, the tent was lost even if I saved it.. If only the hacker (named Silvio Nittberner) wouldn't have killed me so many times, I would've got there way before the restart....

(Oh yeah I have the hacker on video.. him spawning behind me, me running around a circle around him when he tries to shoot me and talks to me.. he said "I'm the admin you noob" when I said he's hacking and I KNOW admin's don't have power like that. When I said I recorded everything, he dropped his gun to give it to me... didn't pick it up, as he was clearly trying to make my video invalid as... yeah, if I had taken a hacked gun, I'd been doing wrong too.. lol.)

And you know what, that's not the last of it. Then I found a truck, which made my loss way less traumatic, as it had 6 tents and EVERYTHING in it. Helicopter parts, guns, fuel, whatever... So I took 2 of the tents, found a spot for them but I put them so near a tree, that I couldn't access either one of them... it just didn't give me the option to pack the tent or access it's gear, as if it wasn't even there.

I ran back to the truck, took 2 tents more, set one up nearby and did a few trips to the truck to put the gear there and saved it.. Awesome, I thought!

I set the other tent further away and did another trip to the truck to carry more stuff in that tent.. I filled it up and saved. logged out near a tree next to that tent.

Later on, when I logged back in, I heard bones breaking and the server notified "sarcasm83 was killed", BUT my character was standing in the middle of nowhere, with totally flat terrain somewhere outside the map, with 2 characters in front of me on the ground...

A screenshot, so you believe me: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=94826521

What's also weird, was the fact that I was in perfectly fine health with temperature, drink, food etc maxed green. I had absolutely nothing in my inventory. No pack, gun, nothing.

Not knowing what way I could try to run back on the map (and hell, I could be hundred miles away) I disconnected and logged back in.

And wow, I spawned on the map, in one of the normal spawnpoints. I think it was somewhere near electro if I remember correctly.

The only problem was: I had nothing in my gear. I had no backpack and I had 12000 blood and everything was the same when I was in the middle of nowhere.

Oh well, I thought I'd just head north to the tents and gear up there and along the way.

Then I noticed the temp, food or drink weren't going down at all. Then let a zombie hit me, to test if I was invincible. Nope, blood did drop when they hit me. I suspected the hacker had run a script on me, but given the fact that I had logged out and come back in, shouldn't that get rid of it? ... I have no idea how scripts or any of it works.

WELL, I decided I'll kill myself.. I let the zombies eat me and I spawned and finally got a normal character spawning on the shore.

THEN I ran the .. what 16 kilometers(?) up north while literally almost falling asleep... I had been playing til the morning trying to set up the tents so I can go to sleep and continue today :) I had closed my eyes a few times and noticed I had been running to a wall for a while :DD etc.

SO when I get to my tent, I see my original corpse next to the tent.. the one that died and then I spawned in the middle of nowhere. I started to loot my corpse and didn't save the tent as the first thing.... AND THE SERVER RESTARTED at that moment.

If I had just saved the tent the first thing I got there, I would've made it.

But connecting back in, the tent was gone and so was my corpse.. I did take my alicepack and everything it had etc so I did get my gear back. I ran to the other tent and it was gone too as I hadn't saved it after I died from the bug(?)...

SO.. the whole 8hours or so was pretty much pointless. I have what I had when I started trying to set up a camp..

I also ran to the truck I had found, but it wasn't there either... dunno why.

But yeah... gotta say, that wasn't only frustrating, it was kinda depressing :P :D

I just spotted a hacker sniper on SESUK1 running through cherno to the fire station, watched him climb the tower so I grabbed the only weapon i could get from the fire station, a mackerov, and climbed the tower, waiting on the ladder until he was facing the other way, climbed up and emptied about 5 or 6 shots into him, just turned around and killed me. I hear some hackers don't have god mode on, this one did he had a load on zeds on him as he ran through the town. If i had all that gear he had with god mode, I'd just get fed up, surely there's no fun to be had it's not like you have anything to lose by playing it, what a bunch of losers.......

OP, unless you were getting teleported around and transformed into a goat or something like that, there is no real proof you got killed by a hacker sniper. How would you know it wasn't a thermal sniper? They are legitimately in the game. There is also something called NVG's, which can be used with the DMR sniper rifle, as well as loads of other non-sniper rifles. Just because you're wearing a gillie suit, that doesn't not mean your invisible. If you out of a bush, they can see you. If you are producing any form of light, they can see you. If you're moving any faster than walking, they can see you. Heck, they could've been tracking you for awhile and waiting for the right shot.

Moral, you weren't hacked, you were just playing recklessly. Learn from the experience and move on. You weren't even that well geared, and you didn't waste they time traveling, you wasted that time getting lost. It's only about an hour run max from one place to another.

Edited by HerrJon

If you were dead, how were you able to even say "WTF I WAS FRIENDLY"?

I thought only Direct Communication was active now.

And god damn it, the forums suck too much of my time loading to be clicking on non-informative thread titles.

HNNG

I'm kidding, but still. This isn't a full-out game yet, I'm sure when it goes standalone we can expect to see alot less of this.

Edited by Rage VG