Sign in to follow this  
J-B

ARMA 2 runs 60-70 FPS, DayZ runs 6-7 FPS

Hi guys,

I bought ARMA 2 and OA about a year and a half ago and played them both with no real problems (even managed to get in a few HUGE battles through the editor and it still ran at least over 30 FPS) DayZ on the other hand runs so crappy its not even worth playing. I don't understand, I have optimized ARMA 2 with the config file changes, startup parameters, high priority, ...etc.... and it still runs like crap. Even on lowest settings i hover around 10 FPS. I have even heard that running some settings on high boosts performance because it forces the GPU to work harder but that never helped. Im at a complete loss and its frustrating because this is the most fun i have ever had on a mod.

Here are my Specs:

Intel Core I7-2670 QM @2.20ghz

4.00 GB of RAM

Windows 7-64-bit.

Nvidia GT555m @ 1.5GB's of VRAM

I play every other game on near max or max settings, no problems always 45+ FPS, ARMA 2 Ran just like the others but DayZ offers the worst performance i have ever seen. I am currently reinstalling my ARMA games to see if that made a difference.

your processor is to weak for dayZ itself DayZ has different Omptimization setting then arma i have the same problem with a 2.1 ghz processor its best if you upgrade to a 2.6ghz processor or higher you wont have a problem. its because of the zombie pathfinding that really causes the problems with FPS and the animals aswells :\

Edited by Jasmer

your processor is to weak for dayZ itself DayZ has different Omptimization setting then arma i have the same problem with a 2.1 ghz processor its best if you upgrade to a 2.6ghz processor or higher you wont have a problem. its because of the zombie pathfinding that really causes the problems with FPS and the animals aswells :\

>Implying clock speed is actually hugely important.

I have an i7 2630 QM 2.0 ghz and I run dayz fine at max resolution and decent settings on my laptop.

I have no idea what your problem is OP, it should run fine.

Edited by Kyzahh

first of all...

hell no you don't have to change your cpu....it's an i7 at 2.20ghz........

if you had to change that then I should throw my quad right into the sea...

anyway have you tried dual booting with windows 32 bit and trying the game there?

on 64bit you're just wasting resources since most of the games are not 64bit coded but run in compatibility mode....

well that's my idea...

oh yeah try updating every single driver you have also(chipset,graphics...etc)

first of all...

hell no you don't have to change your cpu....it's an i7 at 2.20ghz........

if you had to change that then I should throw my quad right into the sea...

anyway have you tried dual booting with windows 32 bit and trying the game there?

on 64bit you're just wasting resources since most of the games are not 64bit coded but run in compatibility mode....

well that's my idea...

oh yeah try updating every single driver you have also(chipset,graphics...etc)

how do i dual boot with 32 bit? would i have to re-buy windows 7?

I have 970 (six core version) 16gb ram and 670SLI and I get 40FPS.........

The engine is poorly optimized, the developers know it and their marketing for Arma 3 constantly reminds us that the new engine runs better than Arma 2.

how do i dual boot with 32 bit? would i have to re-buy windows 7?

if you try the legal non-pirated way yeah you have to buy them....if not...well google search for some torrent for win 7.

as for the procedures to dual boot.There are hundreds of guides out there and it's actually pretty easy to do it.

Edited by Arch0N

omg - dayz forums really don't have any overclock guys , and the people here only suggests buying and buying - really?

your processor is capable of getting at around 4 Ghz man - you're gonna fly after that

just overclock your cpu at least to 3.3 - 3.5Ghz

i'm with an E4400 @3 GHz -clocked , ENGTX260 sp 216 , 4 gb ram 800Mhz - 40 fps regular , and 25 in cities

put max pre-rendered frames ahed at 4 in Nvidia control panel - and in the OA cfg file max frames ahead also 4

Im sure we all here are waiting for the standalone with some good optimization...

and the low gpu usage is awful especially near buildings (cities)

also the new driver(306.23) from nvidia helped me a bit with the fps

Edited by VALVe-DnB

your processor is capable of getting at around 4 Ghz man

No its not, its a Latop. 4GHZ and 100% load on all cores maybe burns his hardware.

and the low gpu usage is awful especially near buildings (cities)

That is bullshit. Buildings have nothing to do with low fps or low gpu usage. Its your cpu or ram i belive. Maybe the engin stops rendering stuff you dont look at(if your looking at a wall from 1feet distance) but then your fps should go up to 100 or something, if the gpu usage drops, a framelimiter starts working(vsnyc on?) or your cpu, ram, hdd runs at his maximum.

Iam allways have like 100% load on the gpu.

Q6600@3,2Ghz with HD6870@stock

i5 2550K @4,5Ghz with HD6970@stock

Edited by DirtyCry

^

I

it 's an i7 and the M series are good for overclock - i said 4ghz just to mention , 3,3ghz is very stable clock for M i7

as for the gpu usage - do a little search on google and BIS forums also , and yeah the buildings are the problem , on empty Chernarus is the same near cities and villages - gpu usage drops(no vsync)

maybe it's on gtx 200 series only - idk , but ..... should not HAPPEN

as i said - 306.23 driver helped a bit with both usage and fps