Sign in to follow this  
The Friendly Bandit

Will this computer run it? Please help

For sure the thing that will make this go faster than anything else you could buy for it would be an SSD for sure. I would definitely get one, just a low GB one is all you need, keep all your shit on the HDD and use the SSD as a boot drive with your games on.

EDIT: Though when you say 2gb dedicated graphics, you do mean a graphics card right and not on-board graphics? because if you mean on board graphics, they're shit.

lol EDIT 2: just realised that it was a laptop. the answer to your question is: You will be disappointed with gaming performance FOR SURE. Get a desktop if you can, laptops are poo for gaming. You're paying extra money for it to be a small compact portable package, you can get better performance from a desktop for less than a laptop.

Edited by Rooneye

It has GT610M video card, it will not run anything.

edit: You want atleast GT640M graphics card in laptop if you are going to play games with it.

Edited by aop

Will it run? Yes.

Will it run well? Well i'm not so sure about that.. My guess is on low/medium settings maybe 15-20 FPS but on bigger maps with more players (Or Metro with 1000 frags being thrown) it will just die.

I would suggest keeping your old computer (if yu have one) and just upgrading the parts such as graphics card, ram and processor.

I have the Asus G75vw, It plays most games at very high with good fps

You only need a fuckin toaster to play War Z. That is a pretty good computer compared to mine and I play DayZ.

ASUS K55VD-SX234S

GeForce 610M would comparable to an GeForce 7700 :blush:

aop suggesting, AT LEAST an 640M is sound-advice. If you dont absolutly need a laptop..dont. If you game you WILL BE ALWAYS disappointed. Tommes suggesting an ssd is ace!, as I installed one a couple of months ago and its like having a newer-updated 'puter.

I do not believe Arma 2 is an "High-End Game" I would think-it more, an overly-complicated piece of program that requires large amounts of PC-powa "just to" strong-arm it into doing something productive! :lol:

Perhaps using launch options usch-as "-maxMem=2047", "-maxVRAM=2047", "-cpuCount=2" would assist.

That laptop probably won't be much better than your current one.

I really don't understand the urge to buy laptops to use for "Gaming." The short version is, you pay twice as much for half the hardware capabilities.

TL:DR You don't buy a laptop to "Game." PERIOD.

That laptop probably won't be much better than your current one.

I really don't understand the urge to buy laptops to use for "Gaming." The short version is, you pay twice as much for half the hardware capabilities.

TL:DR You don't buy a laptop to "Game." PERIOD.

Unfortunately this is true. I'd recommend building or buying a custom built desktop unless you're looking to spend big bucks.

The OP has made 5 (five) Topics concerning Will it Run themes.

The next one will earn him a Warning.

That link shows the following specs... I'll post them here for your convience.

HP Pavilion dv7-6b86us C6N19UA Notebook PC - 2nd generation Intel Core i7-2630QM 2.0GHz, 8GB DDR3, 750GB HDD, DVDRW, AMD Radeon HD 6490M, 17.3" Display, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

And the requirements are found on the official site..

http://www.arma2.com/customer-support/support_en.html

Minimal PC System Requirements

• Dual Core CPU (Intel Pentium 4 3.0 GHz, Intel Core 2.0 GHz, AMD Athlon 3200+ or faster)
  • 1 GB RAM
  • GPU (Nvidia Geforce 7800 / ATI Radeon 1800 or faster) with Shader Model 3 and 256 MB VRAM
  • Windows XP
  • DVD (Dual Layer compatible), 10 GB free HDD space

Optimal PC System Requirements

• Quad Core CPU or fast Dual Core CPU (Intel Core 2.8 GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ or faster)
  • 2 GB RAM
  • Fast GPU (Nvidia Geforce 8800GT or ATI Radeon 4850 or faster) with Shader Model 3 and 512 or more MB VRAM
  • Windows XP or Windows Vista
  • DVD (Dual Layer compatible), 10 GB free HDD space

So after you take your current hardware, the optimal, you can see it will run it, and on a good setting, with high fps more than likely.

If you really want thos specifics, then very high, and 60.

Do not make another Can I Run it Topic, use your exsisting.

Merged.

What's up with this guy, he's gone and made another Can I run It/Will this compu.....

Oh well, I'll give him another chance but I bet he makes another Topic tomorow, I mean that's 6 in all (I've just merged the lot).

Sometimes I just have to go :facepalm: ....

• Like 1

Sorry man i had no idea you'd even merged it. I'm just going through quite a lot of computers as im attempting to delve into the realm of pc gaming, when I have absolutely no idea what im doing with it. Thank you, I do appreciate you taking the time to fix my thread. I honestly have no prior experience in this area and im sorry for wasting your time.

Thx

Is there a special reason you NEED a laptop?

• Like 1

You can build a machine that will run the game for about US$500. You can build a machine that will run the game *well* for about US$750. For a few hundred more, you can make most games run phenomenally. It's not as hard to put together a good, functioning machine as people want to make it seem. Spend money on graphics and RAM, save everywhere else.

First post. Howdy y'all.