ScottA

BarbWire

You need to get rid of the barbwire as soon as possible. My server is full of this crap and I pay money to rent it. I've spent hours removing it from town to town only to have this trash reappear when the server is restarted, not to mention a toolbox is harder to find then an L85 sometimes. It doesn't go away. Anyone who rents a server will not won't this crap in the game. Players can not get into almost all the buildings in Cherno on my server and a bunch of them in Electro and mnay other cities. Players come into my server and leave because they can't do anything. This needs to be fixed as soon as possible. You should also make it so players can smash the wire with an axe. for example they should be able to hit the wooden pole holding the wire with the axe a few times and have it be destroyed. If these things can't be done then just get rid of it. I'm about to start going server to server and putting it up everywhere so you realize its a problem.

You need to get rid of the barbwire as soon as possible. My server is full of this crap and I pay money to rent it. I've spent hours removing it from town to town only to have this trash reappear when the server is restarted, not to mention a toolbox is harder to find then an L85 sometimes. It doesn't go away. Anyone who rents a server will not won't this crap in the game. Players can not get into almost all the buildings in Cherno on my server and a bunch of them in Electro and mnay other cities. Players come into my server and leave because they can't do anything. This needs to be fixed as soon as possible. You should also make it so players can smash the wire with an axe. for example they should be able to hit the wooden pole holding the wire with the axe a few times and have it be destroyed. If these things can't be done then just get rid of it. I'm about to start going server to server and putting it up everywhere so you realize its a problem. PLEASE HELP

• Like 2

Agreed, there's tons of this shite EVERYWHERE on my server too. I remove it but it just comes back. I hope there is a server reset with the next big patch, there's also tons of tent cities out in the west and north full of duplicated gear that people have set up.

This is a perfect example of why we as admins should be able to request that our servers get wiped.

• Like 1

Pretty Please,

You need to get rid of the barbwire as soon as possible. My server is full of this crap and I pay money to rent it. I've spent hours removing it from town to town only to have this trash reappear when the server is restarted, not to mention a toolbox is harder to find then an L85 sometimes. It doesn't go away. Anyone who rents a server will not won't this crap in the game. Players can not get into almost all the buildings in Cherno on my server and a bunch of them in Electro and mnay other cities. Players come into my server and leave because they can't do anything. This needs to be fixed as soon as possible. You should also make it so players can smash the wire with an axe. for example they should be able to hit the wooden pole holding the wire with the axe a few times and have it be destroyed. If these things can't be done then just get rid of it. I'm about to start going server to server and putting it up everywhere so you realize its a problem. PLEASE HELP

imho barbed wire should work like cars or tents, if not saved for over X days *preferably 4*, so that camps and fortifications are kept over restarts.

ofc. ideally they should go away forever as soon as you remove them.

• Like 1

they should be able to hit the wooden pole holding the wire with the axe a few times and have it be destroyed.

The suggestion part of your post is something I actually like the sound of, barbed wire might be an annoyance in real life but it wouldn't be impossible to move around/flatten in places to get through!

My gut reaction was to say "It's part of the game, deal with it" and then I came to my senses and hereby tweak my reaction to say "It is a crappy part of the game, fix or remove it."

10 PRINT "w00t"

20 GOTO 10

fixing by removing is the lazy way that destroys games. no. tweak to work like tents/cars, 2 options: remove wire/save wire

im most cases you can't remove barbwire with a toolbox. i spent 5 minutes going around it and didnt got option to remove it. outside of buildings i dont have that problem, i can remove them almost allways.

im most cases you can't remove barbwire with a toolbox. i spent 5 minutes going around it and didnt got option to remove it. outside of buildings i dont have that problem, i can remove them almost allways.

I am not sure if you know, but you must go to the center post, and look about 1/2 to 3/4 way up to get the option to remove it. I don't think you can get the option at all on the end posts.

Removing it from the game would be unfortunate, but leaving it in has led to needless griefing too.

Maybe making it destroyable in the stand-alone would be possible. The fact that a grenade thrown into the firehouse cannot remove the miles of barbed wire left there - just so people can teleport in behind it off another server - is not acceptable as it stands. Ah, complaining about alpha problems. What could be better?? :)

I'm about to start going server to server and putting it up everywhere so you realize its a problem.

PLEASE DO NOT

Dude honestly if they made barbed wire that easy it would be pointless since anyone could get rid of it, why not like someone else suggested have a day limit up on there that way only active squads can keep there areas.

No wonder this game is unplayable atm... that and... yeah you know. That. And this... little of that... some of this.... then its back to that and no wait. Go back again, was fine the way we had it the first time and so on.

I havent played in almost 2 weeks now and by the day reading the forums my will to try and play it again actually lowers. Yeah thats it, "Try" and play it. Nothing wrong with the playstyle mind you, its just... most of the time u cant see shit due to graph glitch, hackers on EVERY server... fuck it. We've all heard the rest of this.

Good luck people. By the looks of it this mod is dying. Fast. Gonna keep an eye on the standalone. But get this, i wont preorder or buy on release. Most games that come out today ON RELEASE! Are at the point where they feel like where DayZ is now... except you paid 3x more. So yeah... im gonna research the standalone to shits when it comes out if. Im tiered og crappy games. Be it a mod that worked then got raped to a full game that feels undone from day one.

Peace.

Needs to be some reward for removing all this crap lol.

Seriously tho a total reset would be nice just to clear all the tents, barbed wire, sand bags, tank traps etc. Can I even request this be done for my server?

I dont have a problem removing them. The problem is that when the server is restarted they come back. I restart my server every 8 hours to prevent lag and keep load times fast but everyrime I do all the barbwire comes back. Like I said I dont mind removing it once but it should be gone for good, if not the server fills with this shaat all over the place and most buildings are useless for new players because they dont have tool boxes. They could also make it so you can smash it with the hatchet.

Dude honestly if they made barbed wire that easy it would be pointless since anyone could get rid of it, why not like someone else suggested have a day limit up on there that way only active squads can keep there areas.

Dude honestly your a moron. Barbwire never goes away and is just for little broads like you who think it actually does something. Anyone with a toolbox can remove the barbwire and get your tents or what ever your hiding. If I dont have a toolbox and find a group of tents and there protected by barbwire I will remember the server and go back when I do have a toolbox. Your comment is just ignorant. It should be that easy because in real life barbwire wouldn't stop a 2 yearold. You jerk off. Stay off my thread if your just a troll biyatch.

[user warned. -Max]

Edited by Max Planck
Please state your opinion without getting personal

Well, that overblown response is just going to make more people want to lay down more barbed wire on your server.

Kindly return my beans, sir. Please and thank you.

Barbed wire is only good for keeping players out anyway. It won't stop a zombie so it only serves one purpose, to irritate other players. Server admins should be able to script out barbed wire and such when it becomes a problem.

There are ways to block buildings with wire, in a way that makes removing the wire impossible without constant ghosting. When half of your server is blocked that way, and you get the regular "We don't allow server wipes" response, due to Team Rocket having hard ons for the delicious mountain of money called Standalone, you begin to wonder...

You have posted this thread in three different forums (four if you count the unapproved one in Bug Report), this is crossposting and not allowed.

I would like you to read these two stickies before you create anymore threads:

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/13744-forum-roles-and-rules/

and

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/8512-read-this-before-starting-a-new-topic/