x_Lisa_x

Please read.

I really wanna download DayZ on my desktop but I wanna know if it will run it first before I even waste the time. I'll put the specs up...Thanks =)

Windows Vista Home Premium (6.0, Build 6200)

Processor: AMD athlon 64 X2 Dual Core processor 3800+ (2 CPUs) ~2.0GHz

Memory: 958MB (RAM)

System : 32 bit Operating system

Display

NVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE

Please check the minimum requirements for ARMA2.

• Processor: Dual Core CPU for Intel or AMD
  • Memory/RAM: 1 GB
  • Video Card: Nvidia Geforce 7800 / ATI Radeon 1800 or faster with Shader Model 3 and 256 MB VRAM
  • Hard Disk Space: 10 GB
  • Operating System: Windows XP or Windows Vista

Best will in the world, you're cutting it fine. Up your CPU, RAM & GPU. Also Vista is a heap. Window 7 so far is far less resource intensive.

Edited by Cronic

Hello there

Try Arma2Free and see if that runs well, as it uses the same engine, albeit at a reduced quality.

If it does, you may be able to run DAYZ. (OA/Dayz take up a bit more processing power)

rgds

LoK

Sorry to say the 6150 LE is integrated graphics, and quite old and weak at that. Your cpu is very weak as well, but could squeak by if you had a dedicated gpu (a GTX 460 is probably the maximum card that your cpu could feed). However, that would likely require a new power supply unit of around 500 watts and PCI-E connectors. You'd also want at least 4GB of ram, which in turn would require a 64-bit OS to fully utilize....and I think you see where this is going. Bottom line is by the time you upgrade your current system sufficiently to play the game at low-medium settings, you'd be halfway, costwise, to building a modern, and vastly more powerful pc.

• Like 3

I tried this game on an old 520 and ran it about 20fps on very low, and that's a dedicated card. I would not suggest you buy the game.

Edited by rustledmyjimmies

Save your money for the standalone. It'll be out in a couple months, and it will have optimizations.