Sign in to follow this  
reggie1324 (DayZ)

Wired 1sec freeze lag nvidia gtx 275 & amd 955be

Ok so normally i can max the game out but i have started getting a problem where the game freezes in big towns / electro etc

The fps is always over 30 but then for a second drops to 4-5 ish- with task manger open i can see the cpu go's down to about 30% then back up to 50+

Pc

amd 955be 4 X 3.2ghz

2 gig ddr3 ram

gtx 275

psu 780w

windows 7 64bit

any help guys would be great .

I have tried loads of different settings and stuff, even reformatted and started again with no joy

Thanks

Have you tried gpu monitoring software using MSI Afterburner, EVGA Precision or similar programs? Set up the on-screen display to show gpu usage, temps, ram usage and such. If you're running the game anywhere near max settings, it'll want to use far more than the 896MB your card has, and this can definitely cause major hitching, freezes etc.

Also, use task manager to see if you are maxing out system ram as well (2GB is pretty minimal these days). This will cause hard drive pagefile swapping, which will also cause freezes/hitching etc. Good luck.

Have you tried gpu monitoring software using MSI Afterburner, EVGA Precision or similar programs? Set up the on-screen display to show gpu usage, temps, ram usage and such. If you're running the game anywhere near max settings, it'll want to use far more than the 896MB your card has, and this can definitely cause major hitching, freezes etc.

Also, use task manager to see if you are maxing out system ram as well (2GB is pretty minimal these days). This will cause hard drive pagefile swapping, which will also cause freezes/hitching etc. Good luck.

Well task manger is saying im using 1.8 gig of ram so i doubt that's the problem, its not the gpu because i can turn all the settings on low/mid and still get the problem

the fps isn't a issue with vs on its a steady 40fps in woods and small towns but it just like freezes evey couple seconds in big towns, so if it was a hardware problem i would of fixed it by now.

it must be a setting somewhere but trust me in when i say i have tried everything. somone must of come across this and found a fix?

I'm getting this 2 second lag spike every 5 minutes it seems and I run nvidia as well.

what card you got out of interest? also what drivers you using?

i was thinking of rolling back the nvidia drivers

Edited by reggie1324

Well task manger is saying im using 1.8 gig of ram so i doubt that's the problem, its not the gpu because i can turn all the settings on low/mid and still get the problem

That IS your problem. My Galaxy S2 lags with 100MB of RAM still available out of 512, And this game will lag you like a SOB if you push you comp to its limits. Turn down your textures for starters, thats where all your RAM goes. See if that fixes it.

That IS your problem. My Galaxy S2 lags with 100MB of RAM still available out of 512, And this game will lag you like a SOB if you push you comp to its limits. Turn down your textures for starters, thats where all your RAM goes. See if that fixes it.

low / med / high settings - same problem mate

SOLVED

Yes it was a ram issue after all

the 4 gig i installed was faulty

i just went out and bought 6 gig's brand new, threw it in and now its working fine again

So thanks to everyone that helped and i hope this helps others

Edited by reggie1324