rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.6 Rolling Update

There are a ton of people playing on private hives at the moment, myself included. I started when .5 came out because I kept getting killed in debug upon spawning. This was caused by the hive being over-taxed which had probably something to do with tents and vehicles not saving correctly. Add us with the people who are playing in Lingor, you have a fairly large number of people who are playing everyday that are not counted in the totals.

Can't speak for the others, but I plan to come back when this is fixed or standalone is released.

Just my 2cents..........

• Like 2

By chance would anyone know if the latest update may or may not affect latency in-game? I've noticed since 1.7.2.6 I tend to get lag spikes from my usual 30-70ms to anywhere from 300-1000ms. I've tested this on numerous occasions throughout a few days and it seems to be mainly when i'm connecting to a server and/or running around in a server, not so much if i'm just staying in one general spot. Sometimes it doesn't happen at all but i'm definitely getting a lot more 'You have been kicked for high ping' since the update :<

My experiences of 1.7.2.6 after several days testing on several public servers:

• Graphic glitches back to pre-patch, ie. only rarely on wire.
  • Tents save contents again as pre-patch, but are prone to disappear from time to time after server restarts. They seem to come back after next restart so not a major problem.
  • Tents can now be placed anywhere, immediately, without having to dance around for 5 minutes.

But best of all, for those who are still unsure:

• Tents are not duping as they were pre-patch. Even when saved, contents do not constantly revert back to the very first save state after server restart, as they did pre-patch. I found another players tent near my own on one server and raided it, leaving it empty. It was stuffed full of sniper rifles and ammo which I transferred to my own tent. I saved both tents, and now 3 days later, the other tent is still empty, and mine saves correctly without duping after I remove items from it.

Nice job, Rocketman.

• Like 2

* [FIXED] Graphical glitches with dead bodies (Bodies should now not display graphical glitches)

You call that fixed ? Dead bodies on Balota and Stary still give me the issues, same goes for world and player player placed barbed wire. We've been running with these graphical issues for over a month now! I don't give a damn about your patchnotes anymore, is it so hard to get a few people to test if this is actually fixed before you pretend it is ?

9764322463444893696_screenshots_2012-09-11_00001.jpg

What a crybaby you are.

Lol, blow me. If you are going to defend a 3 month period to fix graphical bugs that not only made the game unplayable at times, but that others have exploited to corrupt the graphics of players travelling in certain directions, then you have your head up your ass. :-)

Graphics are fixed for the most part.. there are a few glitches still here and there but I can live with those.. almost 100 percent better though. The tent saves I never had a problem with.. they always kept my stuff and always stayed there.. I think you have to move stuff in and out of them within 7 days especially if you die once after you lay some down. The main problem at least on this one server is vehicles still disappear.. it could be this server though as all the vehicles that were spawned in waiting to be fixed are gone as well taht I seen the night above.. 3 of them couldn't just been taken and fixed up. Also our tent supplies were fine so I know our bike and 2 vehicles disappeared. So sounds like to me is a server side problem

I have read a lot of this thread. Things I've noticed.

1: Average person doesn't read the whole line about what they want to complain about.

2: Average people have no clue how to help. You do no good bitching about something with no screen shot or with out explaining where and what you were doing.

3: Average person was never the one guy in a highschool group to do the majority of the work on a group project. (Referring to people saying Rocket is a douche, hell if I was doing this and got some of the bad mouth feed back that goes on I'd be banning forum accounts and in game accounts) The fact he talks to the community as a head dev, I personally, find amazing. He has reps. yes but he himself responds thats more then you'll get from most game companies.

4: Last I checked he was working on the Mod free of charge? Something he was doing as a hobby, its like having your mother -tell- you how to play games (provided she doesn't). I know some folks here are testers for other things, dev's for this and that but jeez.

Guess some people gonna help some are not but if you want to help then look into how to help. I'm not very great at it, generally the bugs I find are already reported so there is nothing I can really do besides like posts I can confirm.

As far as the posts stating things about dealing with it and tears are delicious, hell it makes me feel like I'm dealing with an actual gamer and playing a game built by a gamer, someone who wants the game to be something and not tailor it to the "popular" crowd. Or any other rep of the team. As stated I find the smart ass comments refreshing then the "macro'd" response you generally get. Gives a ... real feel to the replies.

As an end to the post, I won't flame anyone, but a lot of posters need to just...make more meaning of their post right now its just waste of forum space. If you want to rage complain, do so but make it useful some how, involve the server name, its beta patch etc etc. You want to report something try to back it up with a narrative or screen shot. I've tested a few games just for the thrill of playing a game before its out. Something most testers don't know is how to be a tester. A forum post about it might help a lot, perhaps a sticky thread with some simple instructions on how to help out. Perhaps I'm blind and didn't see it. Proof as someone else should take this idea and run with it but as for me.

Over all Dev's good job, players, testers, we need the good and bad feed back so thanks to everyone involved.

Edited by Gavalin
  • Like 2

anything placed in a bag which is then placed in a vehicle will be deleted on server restart. bag will still be on vehicle but contents gone. FIX PLEASE

anything placed in a bag which is then placed in a vehicle will be deleted on server restart. bag will still be on vehicle but contents gone. FIX PLEASE

I think this is intetional, not a bug.. and not really important.

Edited by Zeppa

but the icons alone are not enough atm. I have to keep on switching between debug and icons because it happens that when i'm on icons my screen goes black and white at 10000 blood then some other times i still see in colors when i have 5500. So, the accuracy is fucked, don't deny that. At least the one for blood. And going into a pvp situation without knowing exactly your blood count is just suicidal.

If i switch between backpack full and gear sometimes items disappear. I had a 249 saw on me and a mp5sd in backpack. Upon switch i lost the 249 cause i didn't know that mp5 was occupying only 8 slots instead of the normal 10. That is just stupid, my char should have dropped the 249 on the floor or something written on screen should have come up saying i couldn't switch cause not enough space in backpack. Something like when you have a primary weapon in slot and you try to switch with the axe. Even tents some patches ago would have spat out all the extra items once full. Now they just vanish. What is more realistic I'm asking! No brainer. I thought you were going for realism Dean, what happened there?

Graphical glitches at Cherno/Kolgas area, but I don't know whats the reason... yet.

these seem to be casual like with barbed wire in the older versions

but the icons alone are not enough atm. I have to keep on switching between debug and icons because it happens that when i'm on icons my screen goes black and white at 10000 blood then some other times i still see in colors when i have 5500. So, the accuracy is fucked, don't deny that.

I've never had this problem, at all. The color fading is very linear for me, always has been. And the blood icon is very easy for me to read. I could actually tell the difference between 11,000 and 12,000 last night. If you drink you can easily tell that your blood isn't full by comparing the colors. Maybe your color settings on your video card need to be looked at, or perhaps your monitor doesn't reproduce colors well.

Lol, blow me. If you are going to defend a 3 month period to fix graphical bugs that not only made the game unplayable at times, but that others have exploited to corrupt the graphics of players travelling in certain directions, then you have your head up your ass. :-)

I don't need to defend a mod that still is in the early stages of development. It's like criticising an unborn fetus for not knowing enough algebra or lacking the ability to speak. As a coincidence, your "argument" is in the same premature stage. Barely worth a reply.

• Like 9

I don't need to defend a mod that still is in the early stages of development. It's like criticising an unborn fetus for not knowing enough algebra or lacking the ability to speak. As a coincidence, your "argument" is in the same premature stage. Barely worth a reply.

He's got a point though, and I understand why he's upset. Summer has passed with almost no progress in improving the game. Myself I rarely got the graphical glitches so the game is basically the same as it was beginning of summer (at least I feel it is). Tents are still not fixed. And since Rocket, intentionally or not, delayed significant development over a long period of time, there's going to be a lot of pissed players. And they have a right to be bitter, because although the game is free for now, it was their support that made the standalone possible (and also $$$). Players feel deceived when the game fails to have the functionality that makes it a game, when you get killed more by glitches than by legitimate reasons (I'm talking game breaking glitches such as spawning with no gear, dying by standing on a rock, etc.). Yes, "it's in alpha", and that's exactly my point. The alpha stage by definition shouldn't even allow testers, and is a very progressive time when developers iron out the glitches so the testers in beta can test properly. In relation to dayz, the glitches are being fixed infrequently, and players are forced to test a broken game. A lot of people, including me, have bought arma2:co exclusively to play dayz, and although technically we didn't pay for the mod, we feel let down as the game does not meet the expectations that we derive from the colorful description of the game from the beautiful website of dayz. I mean, hands down they did an awesome job coming this far, but they're professionals now. No room for faulty patches and whatnot.

which also directly stimulates people to hack (and/or dm) all over the place now. They see no point in playing a game that is ridden with glitches. They don't care if they get banned, it's just about messing around as much as possible before they get banned. Now if the game were actually functional I feel that it would inhibit some players from hacking as they will lose an actual valuable thing if they get banned. You say it's impossible to get rid of hackers? Try fixing up the game to an appealing state.

Edited by kevinyoki2
  • Like 3

You call that fixed ? Dead bodies on Balota and Stary still give me the issues, same goes for world and player player placed barbed wire. We've been running with these graphical issues for over a month now! I don't give a damn about your patchnotes anymore, is it so hard to get a few people to test if this is actually fixed before you pretend it is ?

9764322463444893696_screenshots_2012-09-11_00001.jpg

disable verticle sync, works for me

• Like 1

I think this is intetional, not a bug.. and not really important.

why on earth would that be intentional... if i have a bag full of things and i put it in my car, why would it be deleted, and its not just cars, its tents too. If its intentional then why does it allow me to store items during gameplay, like I said it only deletes items in bags after a server restart, its a bug. It is important because it expands what you can carry by 50 slots...

Edited by KILLDEE

A lot of people, including me, have bought arma2:co exclusively to play dayz, and although technically we didn't pay for the mod, we feel let down as the game does not meet the expectations that we derive from the colorful description of the game from the beautiful website of dayz.

I bought OA specifically for Dayz too. But only after watching countless entertaining youtubes on the mod (sacriel's for example), reading the wiki, and trawling through the forums, so I knew EXACTLY what to expect. People buy it based on a single website? who's fault is that? I do not feel let down or cheated one little bit. I love the mod and have easily played it enough to make up for the cost of OA, and will continue to do so, knowing it will only get better.

Expectation can ruin the best of things.

• Like 8

I can confirm, after spending about 6 hours moving stuff around in tents and the server doing its usual reboot the following day... that they are not saving :¬P

Serves me right for not checking properly first I guess :¬D

most of the guys i play with have all but stopped playing until the tents are fixed properly. The fuel issue we can get around but after wasting a whole night looting and filling up tents only to wake up next morning and find them empty makes you think what is the point in playing for now.

Just want a proper tent fix and il be a happy man

• Like 1

most of the guys i play with have all but stopped playing until the tents are fixed properly. The fuel issue we can get around but after wasting a whole night looting and filling up tents only to wake up next morning and find them empty makes you think what is the point in playing for now.

Just want a proper tent fix and il be a happy man

Isn't it likely to be an individual server issue then if other people have found tents to be saving fine..? All my tents on different servers are not only saving, but also NOT duping the items inside anymore, which is a major fix imo.

I play on DE and UK servers, hive 0.7.4, latest Arma patch

Isn't it likely to be an individual server issue then if other people have found tents to be saving fine..? All my tents on different servers are not only saving, but also NOT duping the items inside anymore, which is a major fix imo.

I play on DE and UK servers, hive 0.7.4, latest Arma patch

Agreed. Tents have largely been working fine for me. The only issue I have is the occasional tent that does not save IF it has been placed and not gone through a restart. A tent that has been through at least one server restart (which should be happening twice a day if the admins are responsible :P) has been 100% stable. Trust me, I save shit A LOT and I would be the very first person to complain if tents were giving me pains.

Edited by WG6