rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.6 Rolling Update

Anyone else having an issue with the HUD in the new update? I've noticed that my sight and ear icon show absolutely no change no matter if I cam standing at full sprint in the day, and my blood icon never shows that I am bleeding.

Dude i'm sorry but you don't know what you're talking about.

EVERYONE can save/edit the contents inside a tent.

People are complaining because after the server restart sometimes the tents are saving, and sometimes even if they saved properly, they're finding their tents EMPTY, and not because someone stole their goods, but because the feature is not working as it should. It's a hit and miss, and it shouldn't work like that.

I tought so too, and that is how it has been working for me.

Tent/vehicle stuff that I have found out with this patch, some problems that was before the patch too.

- Tents still respawn if you run them down, and dupe pervious saved content.

- Tents still respawn if you pack them and they dupe previous content saved. (infinite tents)

- Now you can place the tent almost everywhere, even inside a rock or a tree, but you cant sometimes "gear" it cuz its clitched inside the tree. Before patch it was nightmare to get it up.

- Tents seems to work fine for me atm (saving otherwise than stated above).

- Vehicles seems to repair them self magically at restart, I had pickup with orange yellow states. After restart it was all dark green so its wasnt fully repaired but almost. Fuel missing as a known bug atm.

So if you wanna raid camp empty the tents, save and hope it saves them. But if someone did this to you, then just run over your own tents and they will be back at restart.

Tho I didnt try that if you empty the tent, save it and then run over... will it spawn with the items?

Anyone else having an issue with the HUD in the new update? I've noticed that my sight and ear icon show absolutely no change no matter if I cam standing at full sprint in the day, and my blood icon never shows that I am bleeding.

How about you read the first post of this thread??

Dont use the debug monitor and they work fine.

Edited by Zeppa

Don't recall that being there when I last looked at the front page but at least that resolves the issue. If it was always there I looked into what it meant wrong lol.

I still have some artifacts sometimes. Not as much as before though.

if you want to help, specify what object they're coming from

Sigh, anyone know of a way to default the debug monitor to ON in this new version? Freaking Rocket fixes one thing and breaks another. Indicators don't work with debug on. I don't even think turning the debug monitor off was a feature many were clamoring for.

No way to save it, but at least you can cycle it to whichever you want while already in game.

Sigh, anyone know of a way to default the debug monitor to ON in this new version? Freaking Rocket fixes one thing and breaks another. Indicators don't work with debug on. I don't even think turning the debug monitor off was a feature many were clamoring for.

I would suggest getting used to playing without it, because it's probably going away for good

• Like 2

Keep in mind this is not a finished product. The debug monitor was for... gasp... debug purposes. We're testing this game while Rocket is adding/subtracting things to fine-tune DayZ. Rocket probably intends to eventually (<-- key word here) have the Debug information optional (server choice, not player choice) similar to other settings (nameplates, etc). There's nothing on the Debug monitor that you absolutely need (you have a blood icon that previously was useless, now has an important use!). If you absoltutley can't live without knowing your exact blood amount, you can switch the debug on briefly to check.

Edited by MastaOfDisasta

The debug monitor is not supposed to be in game, fixing it is not a priority. It is only even included simply for ease of use.

For those who don't understand the debug monitor situation. This should clear things up for you.

Keep in mind this is not a finished product. The debug monitor was for... gasp... debug purposes. We're testing this game while Rocket is adding/subtracting things to fine-tune DayZ. Rocket probably intends to eventually (<-- key word here) have the Debug information optional (server choice, not player choice) similar to other settings (nameplates, etc). There's nothing on the Debug monitor that you absolutely need (you have a blood icon that previously was useless, now has an important use!). If you absoltutley can't live without knowing your exact blood amount, you can switch the debug on briefly to check.

The blood icon was not previously useless, as it provided an extremely clear notification that you are bleeding (far more clear than watching the debug monitor), and the debug monitor provided more information than your current blood level. Keeping track of bandit kills, murders, and humanity were my primary purpose for it. Getting killed while fiddling with the on button for it was very refreshing.

Anyways, I'm out. Took the entire summer to fix some game breaking graphical glitches, so my confidence in the standalone is pretty low. Good luck all.

Keeping track of bandit kills, murders, and humanity were my primary purpose for it.

I don't see why any of this is important. especially humanity. first of all it's been gone since early june, and only returned briefly in 1.7.2.5. besides that, you should know what kind of player you are. the different skins are to let other people know

Anyways, I'm out. Took the entire summer to fix some game breaking graphical glitches, so my confidence in the standalone is pretty low. Good luck all.

This is one of the few instances where I hope the door hits you on the way out. ;)

Don't fiddle with options where you can die. It's literally not hard to adapt.

I hope if the debug monitor does get removed entirely that the scoreboard will at least be able to keep track of your head shots as well as overall kills so you can keep track of how well your doing overall while just out killing zeds for sport. I know the zombie alive/dead counter is drastically unrealistic and immensely useful, and as such will surely be absent in later iterations in our alpha before going standalone.

If Warz goes to closed beta in 10 days, dayz will lose players. It really don't come out the alpha phase, and for sure it will take very long to go to standalone. So Dayz will lose this competition. But Rocket was on gamescom. HiphipHorray.

If people just would use the search.. or even read half of this topic.

And good luck with warz, tell us how it goes when it comes out.

Edited by Zeppa

The blood icon was not previously useless, as it provided an extremely clear notification that you are bleeding (far more clear than watching the debug monitor), and the debug monitor provided more information than your current blood level. Keeping track of bandit kills, murders, and humanity were my primary purpose for it. Getting killed while fiddling with the on button for it was very refreshing.

What a crybaby you are.

People complaining that tents are popping back up on server restarts after being destroyed. No one at any point ever said they wouldn't. This hotfix was released to make tents and vehicles functionable again. They are now returned to the current state they were in before they broke, with a bonus of tents being able to be placed anywhere now. I double saved my tents and one saved, one didnt. So yeah, the fix was a success.

It is nice that you can always put down a tent, and having bonus tents just up and appear around them offsets the chance of putting a tent too near an object to function. Overall though they work, and that's what matters.

I dont get what problem people have with tents not destroying properly? I mean, if you had a tent full of guns and ammo, the stuff there would hardly break if somebody took it down with a hatchet.

What people are complaining about is, actually, not having the ability to completely pulverize items in seconds. This mod is aiming to be a simulation, get over it.

I also have still graphic glitches with the new version... it's better but not completely fixed <_<

Edited by AMD

I also have still graphic glitches with the new version... it's better but not completely fixed

Find out from what and put in a bug report.

The debug monitor is a placeholder and only used in debugging. There is no way to default it to on. If you want to check your kills press ' I '. So much easier.

The debug monitor will be completely removed soon so I would recommend learning to play without it or only turn it on to check your exact blood level. IF you have it permanently on you are eventually going to die from starvation/thirst or bleeding if you are not careful.

Overall, removing the debug monitor was great and has added some much needed immersion to the experience. Hopefully more changes will be added that reduce the UI to only a few icons.

This dude has no idea what his talking about, It was a good idea for the debug monitor to be removed if you wanted. I live stream dayz everyday, & the debug was a big problem because people could join just to kill you and ruin the stream "stream snipe" get with it. Don't try and act like you talking for everyone #ROFL>NEXT.

Looks like the latest patch fixed a lot of stuff but with the amount of players online in last 24 hours dropping like a stone, it is too late to recover. After rocket decided to split this into two projects (the upcoming standalone) people just don't feel this ALPHA mod will receive any attention. There is a lot more competition out there with similar platforms in the works by other companies. There have been far too many buggy patches released recently which have totally destroyed the gameplay and community. It's not even the fact that such big mistakes were released in upgrades but the sheer timescale it takes to repeal the clusterfuck. The patch notes are very promising, particularly ammo and saving fixes, but it should not have taken so long to fix. I see DayZ on a downward spiral right now, it would take a miracle to correct it.

• Like 5

Looks like the latest patch fixed a lot of stuff but with the amount of players online in last 24 hours dropping like a stone, it is too late to recover. After rocket decided to split this into two projects (the upcoming standalone) people just don't feel this ALPHA mod will receive any attention. There is a lot more competition out there with similar platforms in the works by other companies. There have been far too many buggy patches released recently which have totally destroyed the gameplay and community. It's not even the fact that such big mistakes were released in upgrades but the sheer timescale it takes to repeal the clusterfuck. The patch notes are very promising, particularly ammo and saving fixes, but it should not have taken so long to fix. I see DayZ on a downward spiral right now, it would take a miracle to correct it.

Downward spiral from the announcement of the standalone.

Predictably, people will wait for the standalone or change to the next game on their list. It was inevitable.

They have the data they need to start the standalone Alpha and have stated they will continue to use the mod as a test base. Surely this is what was expected to happen?

• Like 3

I say this is good news. All those people who came for the hype are now too bored to stick up with the game. Probably it means less KoS for fun, script kiddies and "hackers". Give me a server with 5 true players and I will be content.

After some more development, new players will come by and actually play DayZ as it was meant to be played. The stand alone will have all the support of the community and the highlights of the game media, so I am not worried about the future of DayZ. About the competition, I would welcome more hardcore, cruel, experience oriented games. How many games is out there where you are afraid of getting killed?

Edited by ShigZ
  • Like 3