rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.6 Rolling Update

Think of any other game that's in closed alpha, instead of open alpha. Do we get daily updates with information regarding the developing process? Weekly updates? Monthly updates? Oh yeah, we get 2 or 3 screenshot a month, and a couple of teaser trailers along the way until it's released. IF we are lucky. Let's thank DayZ Dev Team is so involved with its community at this state of development. And we even get to test the updates, broken or not.

No offense intended, but I think people are spoiled by the rate of updates in early alpha, and are now asking too much.

No offense taken. The question is, who spoiled the children?

Expectation is a bitch. Once it is set, you have to fulfill or overcome it. Inconsistency is the source of the complaints to bad communication. You don't say "tomorrow, we have dogs, yei" - then disappear. Or "bug A, B and C are super fixed." - ops, it is not and we created new ones. Or say you are working in releasing something today and then 2 weeks later send a message saying "oh, here it is this thing I promised, except that it has stuff never mentioned before and not the stuff we promised. Enjoy!"

I totally understand your point as "the others don't communicate as much", but that is a way of setting expectations too, so people behave accordingly.

• Like 2

No offense taken. The question is, who spoiled the children?

Expectation is a bitch. Once it is set, you have to fulfill or overcome it. Inconsistency is the source of the complaints to bad communication. You don't say "tomorrow, we have dogs, yei" - then disappear. Or "bug A, B and C are super fixed." - ops, it is not and we created new ones. Or say you are working in releasing something today and then 2 weeks later send a message saying "oh, here it is this thing I promised, except that it has stuff never mentioned before and not the stuff we promised. Enjoy!"

I totally understand your point as "the others don't communicate as much", but that is a way of setting expectations too, so people behave accordingly.

Fair enough, sir. You have a point.

I still read these forums everyday, expecting amazing and fascinating news that only come from time to time. So I understand what you say about making expectations and not being able to fulfill them. I just decided to spend my spare time with other games until the stand alone is released, and play the mod just ocassionaly. That's why I can "bear the wait" (not that my life revolves around DayZ).

• Like 1

if you want you can call 1.7.2.6 1.7.3 if it makes you happy, dont push it, a bird told me we will probably get the new chernarus plus map with the next update, i may as well wait a month for it if we can then enter every building^^

There's hackers in every other server it seems..

that's the free-market Ron Paul loves so much

You call that fixed ? Dead bodies on Balota and Stary still give me the issues, same goes for world and player player placed barbed wire. We've been running with these graphical issues for over a month now! I don't give a damn about your patchnotes anymore, is it so hard to get a few people to test if this is actually fixed before you pretend it is ?

9764322463444893696_screenshots_2012-09-11_00001.jpg

Well, it does seem at least a few people did find that their glitches were fixed. but more so to the point of this being an alpha WE ARE THE TESTERS.... are you herp or derp?

You call that fixed ? Dead bodies on Balota and Stary still give me the issues, same goes for world and player player placed barbed wire. We've been running with these graphical issues for over a month now! I don't give a damn about your patchnotes anymore, is it so hard to get a few people to test if this is actually fixed before you pretend it is ?

9764322463444893696_screenshots_2012-09-11_00001.jpg

that looks like it's coming from barbed wire. when it comes from the dead bodies, it's literally coming from the dead bodies. but you can see it's not on them in the pic

• Like 2

One thing they definitely should fix, before adding more stuff, are the zombies ability to walk through objects, doors, etc. I mean they are zombies.....not ghosts.

The whole tent issue should also be fixed, they should stay in the game, so the players who are trying to survive as long as possible can make a small base of operations, to stash equipment/food/medics.

It should still be loot-able, but perhaps letting the players booby-trap the tents to avoid intruders

im wondering what they did with the tents, i remember a version, something with 1.6... where the tents worked just fine

im wondering what they did with the tents, i remember a version, something with 1.6... where the tents worked just fine

Tents are working just fine at least for me. They didn't save my gear at first, but after a couple of server restarts i could put items inside them and it worked.

Tents are working just fine at least for me. They didn't save my gear at first, but after a couple of server restarts i could put items inside them and it worked.

at the current state, tents are extremely bugged, when you put something in and forget to save the tent, you just deleted an object, when you safe a tent and take something out of it, the item still persists in the tent for a few minutes, which is a very easy way too duplicate stuff, when tents are destroyed, the are just there again with the new server restart, also you can put them completely under water, making them almost invisible

also, and thats the most annoying thing: you cant hide a single tent at a good spot anymore, every attempp to place a tent, seeing its not hidden well enough and packing it, results in a tent there after server restart

i once tried to hide a tent and took about 20 attemps so just a little tip would be visible out of a tree, guess what, the next day i came to the server, there were twenty tents and all looted at that point

tents are one of the most bugged stuff atm in the game, not complaining, but they certainly dont work the way intended ;)

Edited by Zombo

Vehicle's not working right chopper was crashed 14 days ago still no chopper and ural and a few other vehicle's blew up and are not spawning .. And way to get this fixed ??

from what i can find when a vehicle is destroyed it is spawning where it was destroyed. making it hard to find any kind of transportation.

To all the people that say that the tents not saving kills the game for them:

What are you? Pathological hoarders? (no offense intended)

I understand that the tent bugs kill your way of playing this game, but seriously, what's the point of looting millions of items to put them inside a tent? Is it to instantly gear up when you die? I say that kills the purpose of death in this game. Make the game so that it's impossible to die, then. What's the point in dying anyway? I mean, without tents, you can be decently geared in about half an hour, 3 quarters tops, and that's not much longer than the walk up to your tents in the north. Ok, you won't find rangefinders or AS50's in an hour, but who need those, right?

Everyone will steal my beans for saying this, but I would completely remove tents. I know that's not happening, but it's my opinion.

On topic: I don't see any problems, graphical glitches have disappeared (although I said that same thing early with last patch), reloading magazines on login is still there when they're put in the backpack (that's impossible to fix until standalone, from what I heard from Rocket), and I can't say anything about tents or vehicles because I don't use them. The mod plays good enough for now.

With most bugs almost taken care of, next thing: FEATURES!

I want dogs or whatever, all buildings enterable (if that's even a word), ragdoll physics, female zombies, more skins, guillie suits and camo for the ladies, and lots and lots of other goodies, including whatever makes this game more difficult: harder zombies, harder enviromental hazards, increased high-end weapons scarcity (if there's still duping in standalone I will cry a lot)...

In other words, WE WANT STANDALONE!

PS.- I hope this post doesn't sound too angry, I'm just kidding. ROFLMAO

I imagine that's the case for most but for me it's being able to have somewhere/some place to call your own. A base of operations to move out from and return to. I hope with the standalone you'll be able to occupy buildings, fortify settlements and defend it against zombies and other people - Ideally that's what I hope for but having a few tents, around a camp fire in the wilderness is the next best thing for me in DayZ. Surviving is hoarding mate. If I can't stockpile useful things on my travels then there isn't much point leaving the coastline.

• Like 1

Plz for the love of DayZ. Fix Vehicle spawns. :(

After a hacker blow up all the vehicles on the server since this Patch, for over a week now

only Bikes and boats have spawned on our server. Oh and crashed choppers,

Hackers got baned of cause.

No other vehicles are spawning and i'm not the only admin that is saying this.

My server players have dropped from a full server to a empty server in the

last week because of this. All but the regulars players which are also slowly getting bored.

Standalone is 2 months or so from release and DayZ community is dropping fast.

At least fix the vehicle spawn if nothing else, so we may be able to keep the public dayz

server open and active till standalone.

Edited by UXFaz
  • Like 2

at the current state, tents are extremely bugged, when you put something in and forget to save the tent, you just deleted an object, when you safe a tent and take something out of it, the item still persists in the tent for a few minutes, which is a very easy way too duplicate stuff, when tents are destroyed, the are just there again with the new server restart, also you can put them completely under water, making them almost invisible

also, and thats the most annoying thing: you cant hide a single tent at a good spot anymore, every attempp to place a tent, seeing its not hidden well enough and packing it, results in a tent there after server restart

i once tried to hide a tent and took about 20 attemps so just a little tip would be visible out of a tree, guess what, the next day i came to the server, there were twenty tents and all looted at that point

tents are one of the most bugged stuff atm in the game, not complaining, but they certainly dont work the way intended ;)

Tents weren't saving items in the last patch (that's kinda their purpose) and now they are, and that's enough for me at least for now.

I'm sure they will fix the rest of the problems later but at least now we can use it.

Right now the worst bug ever (in my opinion at least) is that you can't put items on the floor since there's a huge chance they will disappear.

The tent issue is currently being adressed with the help of some tool that some server admins are trying out, the only thing it does is auto-save the tent when the server restarts. Nothing gets lost, and items cannot be duped anymore. Easy solution, it seems.

The tent issue is currently being adressed with the help of some tool that some server admins are trying out, the only thing it does is auto-save the tent when the server restarts. Nothing gets lost, and items cannot be duped anymore. Easy solution, it seems.

So it doesnt prevent duping?

Even if it saves them before restart it wont prevent tents popping back up after the restart if you ran them over.

Tent must be saved when empty to prevent duping by runnig them over and waiting for restart.

Something has to be done to "destroyed" tent saving as destroyed.

yup, also packing tents needs to work properly, you have no chance of hiding single tents, you cant place a tent in the perfect orientation and position in the first try,

packe tents just respawn on server restart like destroyed ones

and when one tent is visible, people will search the area and find any tent even if it's really good placed

Any projected release date for 1.7.3?

"When it's done" ;)

"When it's done" ;)

Since communication with DayZ Mod devs became a guessing game, here is my guess:

DayZ mod development is over. The mod was the "alpha" of the standalone. Since the standalone is on development, this alpha is no more.

That is all a guess, as I said.

• Like 1

Since communication with DayZ Mod devs became a guessing game, here is my guess:

DayZ mod development is over. The mod was the "alpha" of the standalone. Since the standalone is on development, this alpha is no more.

That is all a guess, as I said.

Agree. I think they will release 1.7.3 "when it's done" and then pass the mod to the community. The standalone will then be released in alpha, but in a very advanced state, with all the features of the mod, plus the improved map and all the goodies than have been developed with the TOH engine until then. I sure want to see those cities full of accesible buildings and sweet ragdoll zombies. And duping and hacking gone, obviously.

I certainly hope they abandon development of the mod and focus on the standalone.

Agree. I think they will release 1.7.3 "when it's done" and then pass the mod to the community. The standalone will then be released in alpha, but in a very advanced state, with all the features of the mod, plus the improved map and all the goodies than have been developed with the TOH engine until then. I sure want to see those cities full of accesible buildings and sweet ragdoll zombies. And duping and hacking gone, obviously.

I certainly hope they abandon development of the mod and focus on the standalone.

Rocket just said that his plan is to provide the community with new codes from the standalone so developers can implement them on private hives to test it. The mod is not over, it's just not a priority atm. Expect community-made patches and fixes from now on.

I'm not entirely sure where this belongs but I believe the best way to solve the issues with the tents is to get them to save within the player save. (The save which allows the player to join a different server and start out with the same gear and same place they left off with.) To better explain this, think of it this way... A player finds a tent in one of the stores, they then pick it up and it put it in their gear. The tent now becomes part of the players property or part of the player, in a matter of speaking.

Essentially the tent logs in and out with the player and disappears from the game until the player enters the game again. And wherever the tent is placed it spawns in the same spot the player left it when they logged out. (I believe the game already does this in a way.) BUT here's the KICKER if the player is killed or dies, the tent is deleted along with the character and no longer exists, which makes the player unable to go back to the spot where the last character had sat up the tent to get scavenge items out of it.

I'm not sure if this makes any since but if more explanation is required feel free to send me questions via a PM.

Essentially the tent logs in and out with the player and disappears from the game until the player enters the game again. And wherever the tent is placed it spawns in the same spot the player left it when they logged out. (I believe the game already does this in a way.) BUT here's the KICKER if the player is killed or dies, the tent is deleted along with the character and no longer exists, which makes the player unable to go back to the spot where the last character had sat up the tent to get scavenge items out of it.

This would mean that tents spawn in locations, where other players placed and spawned their tent too. Imagine you are at your camp and suddenly another tent spawns in because someone joined the server. This would totally break the illusion of not being in a game. I think it makes more sense that tents are placed per server as this becomes like a realm in MMORPGs. Every server is an instance of the world and items placed in one world, cannot move to another. The possibility to server hop breaks this sadly but if tents were server hopping too, it would completely destroy the concept of different worlds.

But I agree with you, that reequipping on own tents after death is a bad mechanic. But despawning them immediately on death is also not the right way because it wouldn't allow other players to loot them. Or, even worse, someone watching a group at their camp and planning to raid them cannot do so because the second he kills them, the camp is gone.

• Like 1