Evofrog

First sniping experiences

So I've been playing for two weeks or so now. Haven't been having much success surviving in the game due to bandits and general encounters with players who shoot on sight.

I'd heard a lot about people tent hunting so decided to give it a go. Spent an an hour or two running through forests where I thought good tent locations would be and managed to find myself an AS50 as well as all the loot except a range finder. After finding this loot I thought I may as well go test it out so I headed back to Cherno to get my revenge on all the bandits who sit and kill newbies trying to make their way through the game. Upon arriving at Cherno and taking position on a hill in a forest, a military vehicle drove into town and three players with bandit skins got out, my first targets to get my revenge on.

This is when I started shaking, heart beat dramatically increased and I was struggling to hold the mouse still. I zero'd in to what range I thought they were at and shot twice, taking two bandits out while the other hurried back to his car and drove off.

Suddenly a bullet shot passed me and I jumped up and sprinted for cover. Using third person and leaning out from behind my tree I could see a sniper situated on top of the largest building in Cherno (the hotel that you need a chopper to get onto?). I re located and took aim. I had no idea how far away he was but it was foggy so that didn't help either. Once again I zero'd to what I thought he was at and shot straight for his head. I was so excited when I saw a stream of blood come from his head and he drop to the ground.

I had to abort then because I was shaking so much I couldn't keep the mouse still. While you 'veteran' players out there might think how super lame I am, this was one of the most thrilling experiences I've ever had in a video game and I can't wait for more like it.

Does anyone else have any experiences like this? I'm interested to know.

Edited by Evofrog
  • Like 4

I get adrenaline rush and my heart races everytime im in player vs player encounters. That's the beauty of this game, it's so intense. No other game does this for me...

Edited by gagze

Personally i think that's awesome "noob revenge" right there.

Mine isnt quite that exciting however... My only revenge story so far is just a few days after i started playing there was a bandit running along the coast killing fresh spawns. I had spawned west of cherno and had a bicycle and a makarov and was riding along the coast toward cherno for supplies when he got me from the road. i was able to escape to the tree line but once i got off the bike i couldn't walk (broke leg), so i patiently waited with my handgun at my side and as soon as i saw him come into view... sweet revenge. And then i died to zeds crawling toward the hospital.. doh!

• Like 1

sniping is all about information

if you dont know the your environment dont even try to snipe

rule1 knwo your environment

rule2 get in a position where YOU can snipe SNIPERS (or you are a free kill kill to everyone with a binoc)

rule3 be patient

rule4 always watch your environment / get a second person to help scouting finding targets calling range etc

rule5 only shoot 2 times from the same position (always change position after an kill)

rule6 make a map of the area with your positions nad range to importand areas for easy (re)locating (re)positioning and (re)adjusting of your zeroing

rule7 never ever get "tunnelvision" allways check your environment

I had to abort then because I was shaking so much I couldn't keep the mouse still.

try to controll your breathing and fokus

slow deep and regular

it realy helps alot to stay calm and focused

• Like 1

Get revenge on noob farmers by noob farming. Good one...

i´ve had some similar experiences, me and my mate snuck into a cherno at night with NV goggles and silenced MP5´s, we chose night because we had the advantage of NV and silenced weapons anyway, we went into town to loot a hospital when we saw 2 bandits up on a roof.

we started to get worked up about wheter or not they saw us! so we stuck to the darkest areas we could find and snuck up on them...it took about 20 miuntes of sneakig before we were able to get close to them and when we were close enough...we popped them in the head, and just that moment was so awesome! never had an experience like this before and i was shaking so bad that i had to go to be LOVE this game and will always do!

i´ve had some similar experiences, me and my mate snuck into a cherno at night with NV goggles and silenced MP5´s, we chose night because we had the advantage of NV and silenced weapons anyway, we went into town to loot a hospital when we saw 2 bandits up on a roof.

we started to get worked up about wheter or not they saw us! so we stuck to the darkest areas we could find and snuck up on them...it took about 20 miuntes of sneakig before we were able to get close to them and when we were close enough...we popped them in the head, and just that moment was so awesome! never had an experience like this before and i was shaking so bad that i had to go to be LOVE this game and will always do!

Were they still up on the roof?

If so, how would you sneak up close enough to make an effective attack with MP5s? The way I'm thinking is, if you climbed up they would hear you.

If you were on the ground, they'd have to be standing upright on the edge of the roof like fools.

Of course, it could be they had a false sense of security about night-time, like I did before I got NVGs. Basically, nothing is safe. haha

Ive only ever killed one person, and that was a mistake really...

I was at the NW airfield at night, it was raining and I was in the se barracks. Found my first ever pair of NVG's in the last room. I put them on and me and my 10yr old daughter (she was watching me play) were so excited when I tried them on!!

Walked out the room to head down the corridor just as another player walked out of the next room. I jumped so much I clicked the left mouse button and killed the poor fella!!

My daughter wasnt impressed. "Dad, your a murderer!!!" :'(

Were they still up on the roof?

If so, how would you sneak up close enough to make an effective attack with MP5s? The way I'm thinking is, if you climbed up they would hear you.

If you were on the ground, they'd have to be standing upright on the edge of the roof like fools.

Of course, it could be they had a false sense of security about night-time, like I did before I got NVGs. Basically, nothing is safe. haha

haha they were looking out over the roof so we could see them from the ground, but they didnt have any NV goggles :D

Get revenge on noob farmers by noob farming. Good one...

a jeep with 3 passengers and a guy sniping where you can go only by helicopter doesn't sound like noob killing......

nice story bro..but my best as a sniper (i have an m24 so i am ) happened today :

i meet a guy in corner shop at stary sobor, i claim friendly, he doesn't respond but runs away after a bit of looting togheter watching carefully eachother..really nice

100% of the time. If I see another player my BPM goes up. If I get shot at, I'm shaking like a leaf.