mattlightfoot

Should we remove barbed wire in the next update

Barbed Wire  

1. 1. Should we remove barbed wire?

• Yes
    • No

If you end up keeping the damn wires, compensate with more frequent toolbox spawns. or at least make them spawn in residentials and groceries. If griefers are around there should be some griefing back at them.

Cant realy decide.

In one case it has its use in light Fortification.

But it is contantly missused and causes Graphicalissues.

So im on the "Drop it! Bring it back later!" side!

Played some on a Russian public server lately.

Not a single enterable building was seen that day in Cherno and Elektro. You couldn't even walk in the streets. Russians be crazy.

No barded wire is useful. me and my friends used it to block 3 of 4 entrances of the fire station and when bandits came we knew were they would enter from and killed them. it's useful if used properly

This is so frustrating when this happens you are not using it properly "Bandits" bs anyone and everyone get killed cause you want to canal people get rid of barbed wire sooner the better never ever used it idots use it and cause all kinds of greif or have it not come back when server resets

Make it so everyone can remove it without a toolbox. Or make it do damage instead of having a bounding box..

Not only is it massively annoying for new spawn players and cant easily be removed as it often comes back on server reboot it can also cause graphic artifacts I believe so its a yes vote from me

Here, Here!

While there is most certainly a place in strategy for the razor wire in game; there are too many problems with it both within the negative cascades discovered by griefers to the issues it currently has within the engine itself.

So its a yes from me, remove it until you guys have less things to worry about.

I have to vote yes as well. The idea of it's use is a good one but in it's current state the item needs to go.

I know im to late, but maybe you could reverse its effects on humans and zombies, we can walk through, but zombies are blocked.

That way its a defensive tool against zombies, and cannot possibly annoy survivers.

Also, the only kind of bared wire that in reality, can be climbed over is the kind that is the same as whats in the game except 2 metres high, or barb wire on top of a fence or wall.

Other wise, theoreticly we should be able to go past a barewire cylinder as high as we can lift our legs....

il say remove it untile fixed and the idea of barbed wire causing bleeding shouldbe implamented its a great idea ! :) but until its not buggy remove it then bring it back when its fixed .

thanks!

Make it actually stop zombies and make it so it can be vaulted over all the time, not sometimes.

Then it can stay.

Alright. As part of my series of dayzmod community love Im tweaking the despawn time (on public hive) from 7 days to 48hours for barbed wire.

Alright. As part of my series of dayzmod community love Im tweaking the despawn time (on public hive) from 7 days to 48hours for barbed wire.

That's the quickest fix on DAyZ evar :D

That dosen't really make it any better. People can still place barbed wire anywhere and block the entrances of normal buildings which make no sense. Zombies can still glitch through and barbed wire still goes through walls.

This won't do much about the barbed wire issue.

No it's a very useful item and valuable in trade, it just makes kids cry cos they can't get in a building. then what security do we have

Yes, or just make it so players can climb over them. Otherwise people just block off vital areas of the map (e.g. fire stations) for the sake of trolling.

I love idiotic statements like this. IT IS A BARRIER !!!! Go try "just climbing over" some one day and let me know when you get your nuts sown back on.

• Like 2

I like using them for bases, although they don't serve much protection. If they're causing too many bugs then yes.