mattlightfoot

Should we remove barbed wire in the next update

Barbed Wire  

1. 1. Should we remove barbed wire?

• Yes
    • No

Removed wire keeps spawning after server restart. If you can fix that keep the wire. If you fail to make it work - remove it completely.

+1

also I don't really like the fact you can put that shit inside buildings, although admittedly that's more of an opinion than a suggestion, but when was the last time you saw some razor wire or sandbags inside a building. perhaps adding the ability to blockade doors with scrap wood instead, and require a hatchet to break those down, for indoors barricades seems to make more sense, I guess I should have posted this elsewhere oh well.

Edited by JackONeill

Make them only placable by someone with a special rare tool. And only removable by the owner, like tents. Then they would actualy be of use when trying to establish a base. Then make them destructable only by using explosive, or a truck. But using the truck wil brake the tires.

Please remove wire and tank traps, keep sandbags as they are not half as much a griefing tool as wire and tank traps.

Problem is that they are persistent... so the guy that puts them up is consistently rewarded as they appear every server restart, the guys that takes it down is slapped in the face because his/her work is undone on server restart.

If that can't be fixed then remove them till they can be.

Or

Make it so its impossible to place them within 30m of ANY structure (buildings, walls, docks etc etc)

Edited by i76

I think one thing people are nOt taking in to consideration is duping.

The fact that you can find 1 razor wire and dupe it is really the issue. The wire itself is a nuisance however you wOULd have to deal with things like this and that's why I think it should stay in the game. It does need fixed, server restart and dismantling issues, however.

There are some spots where wire is common to find but still you're only going to find 1-3 of them and then no one else has them so that's really not that much wire. But if you DUPE them, well, then you have 6, 12, 24 wires so you can block off all kinds of stuff and be an equivilent in-game dick. But, you are exploiting the game and there by, cheating to do so.

Find a way to fix duping issues and and the wire issues should remedy themselves. Then players would have to make resource decisions, block my camp, or block these other resources.

Should be taken out till its fixed though.

Edited by Cinnabuns

you can remove it by yourself. look for a toolbox and remove it. barbed wire is removable. its not permanent. like tank trap and sandbag

Seems now that tents are the way to block entrances as there are so many of them being duped and thus surplus to normal requirement.

They're worse than wire as only the owner can lift them or you have to a ) find a grenade and b ) let everybody know where you are blowing the feckers up.

Edited by RogueNZ

yes, please do. so many people already bitch about it, and its the only thing left causing minor graphical glitches. (to my knowledge)

Until better fortification, barricading and general base/settlement mechanisms are built into the game it's mostly useless and only serves to annoy. No one carries it or goes out to scavenge for it, they just find it in warehouses and use it 'cos it's there.

+1000

EXACTLY

Wire and tank traps would not be a problem if wocket would fix this months old issue... and that is that they are pesistant after a restart... so the guy that puts it up is constantly rewarded and the guy that took the time to remove it gets slpped in the face as his/her work is undone on EVERY server restart.

If wocket can't make it work properly why leave it n!?!?! SIMPLE FIX: CANNOT place wire/tank traps/TENTS within 30M of ANY structure... buildings, fences/walls, docks etc

Ammo use to reset on dc and he spent alot of time fixing that even BI modified the engine to count ammo.... but wocket leaves this broken/serious griefing feature in!?!?! honestly WTF!

Edited by i76

yep, get rid of it ;) as soon as it stops zombies too, it can be implemented again

I don't mind it one way or the other, I have a toolbox. So, I just get rid of it.

the tents are the only thing that annoys me, it would be good if the barbed wire could be fixed but at the end of the day you dont go through barbed wire because it will hurt you and possibly give you an infection, but zombies dont have to fear those two side effects do they? they just need to be able to slow them down a little as if they are clambering through the barbed wire... he might not of changed or changed or deleted it yet because there might be reprocutions, so dont have a go at rocket for it, i dont see you making a mod like this.....

post #993 is only aimed at ppl that are having a go at rocket and the other devs, for not finishing the game faster or just accepting that they might not be done with the bard wire yet...

If it removes the chance of more glitches...yes.

They are only cosmetic anyways, i'm sure most of us could live without it until it's fixed 100%.

YES! get rid of wire and tank traps

It would be a different answer if they worked properly. But even after removing them, they come back after a server restart, so they just bog down the area and server. Remove them until they are fixed.