mattlightfoot

Should we remove barbed wire in the next update

Barbed Wire  

1. 1. Should we remove barbed wire?

• Yes
    • No

Nope, Yeah people troll with it, But thats part of the game.

Besides if you have a toolbox you can take it down easily your self.

no dont remove it if its still causeing glitches then remove till fixed up tank trap dropps so i can finish my fortified position dang it :P

Why is this not a poll topic...

yes remove it needs to be fixed so it dosnt respawn every server reset

Also I dont see how a tank trap or barb wire stops me from geting in a building...

A tank trap shouldent be all that much of a blockade to a troop.

Remove it until zombie pathing is fixed so they can no longer casually walk through it.

As a kid I jumped my fair share of fences with barbed wire, alot of the time with a gutful of booze. So if a tanked up teenager can climb up and go over barbed wire, why cant an adult, who possibly has military experience. Player characters should be able to navigate through, sure it should slow them down, even cut them so they need to bandage themselves, but IRL barbed wire fencing is nothing more than a deterent, not a impenetrable barrier! Agree with the zombies though. They dont have the brains to negotiate through. Only brains they have now are the ones they eat! ;)

By the way dude, where did you grow up that you were clearing all these wire fences -- Nevada? the Outback? one of the former Yugoslav republics? :)

Agree with you 100% of course, barbed wire shouldn't be insurmountable on foot (and neither should tank traps for that matter).

Btw. I am for no. Just pure egoism, i never had bugs on barbed wires. One thing i don't like is that the zombies can move through them. That should be fixed.

I like the idea of it actually being a deterrent i.e. causing damage/bleeding to players and zombies. I think it should definitely be removed if it going to stay in its current state (zombies pass through it, reappears on restart, graphical issues) but if it were to actually have a use then i'd love to have it around.

As a kid I jumped my fair share of fences with barbed wire, alot of the time with a gutful of booze.

I'd like to see you try that with Razor wire. which is whats actually in Arma2/DayZ.

No. It's mostly just for loot campers, but if it was fixed, and would actually work as a blockade against the zeds, I'd want it kept.

Edited by Audiobat7

Why dont you poll this? Or did you count the yes and no by yourself? :D

Again, why not make this a poll?

I vote YES. Until it is implemented properly, please remove it. They cause graphical artifacts in game and certain players just use them to cause grief. To be honest, I don't know what compelled you guys to keep them in the game this long...

If they can be made to slow people down, leave them. Otherwise remove them. (would like them to slow down access, not prevent access.

Take them out until you can make barbed wire removable without a toolbox, albeit slowly. The toolbox would speed up the removal process.

I would say no, but looking at all of the people who use it just to be an asshole(blocking off fire stations, barracks... etc), i think they should be removed as they also cause graphics issues as well. We don't need an unpassable item that causes graphics problems, that only dickheads use to troll right now. P.S. Keep the sand bags, because we still need to keep perimeters around our bases.

Make the dismantling more user friendly and the fact that they (tank traps) re-appear at server restart.

Never use but I get a kick out of taking down peoples fencing/ tank traps.

No, keep but fine tuned a little.

Shame about the Poll not working.

• Like 1

Yes please remove it or make a way to get around it. It doesn't block zombies and for all the people who say its for bases and crap, if someone wanted to kill you bad enough they would just server hop around it. People who just wanna search and get stuff and not server hop are forced to change to a different server that someone hasn't covered in barbed wire so we can actually search and have a fair shot. Barbed wire just doesn't do anything but annoy and slow down game play and break immersion because at least you could get around it in real life.

• Like 1