mattlightfoot

Should we remove barbed wire in the next update

Barbed Wire  

1. 1. Should we remove barbed wire?

• Yes
    • No

Would have been easier to have a voting poll but meh.

I say yes, remove it, replace wire fence spawns with sandbags, the ratio from what i see is 10 wire fence itejms to every 1 sandbag, sandbags are way too rare.

As others have mentioned, wire fencing is being used by greifers to piss players off causing them graphic glitches.

Remove untill fixed.

Get rid of it. You can place barbed wire to make it impossble to remove. There is barbed wire in the North firestation at US 1218 where it is literally impossible to get rid of it because the poles are in the walls

It seems like there are 70% who says remove it, and 25% who says "fix it, don't remove it", which in my book equals remove it until it's fixed. Then we have the last remaining 5% who simply says "No" without any sort of justification.

I say, if it's broken, fix it, but until you do and it is working 100% as intended, remove it from the game.

im in two minds about them id like to keep them for some decent uses but can there be a solution where they cant be put up inside buildings just as long as the graphics artifactings gone because its rather annoying if not then i say take them out so theyre not a graphical problem and not used as a griefing tool because they are ive seen entire buildings full of the stuff and even if you take it down it comes back after a restart which is even more annoying i remember a server having to hard reset because cherno was completely inaccesable due to people duping wire and literally blocking of every building with layers and layers of wire

I think sandbags and tank traps (which dont artifact) are enough.

so YES remove barbed wire.

No. Get a fing toolbox. Thread merits a poll, although judging by the comments most people want it gone. Luckily rocket is probally not one to nerf the game down because of something being hard or annoying. Fortifications add a good deal of depth to the game, I love approaching NWA Rax all wired and tted up, 30 seconds and it's all mine.

Wire isn't perfect, it could use two fixes, but in terms of gameplay just get over it. Adding the ability to snip it at any point (wire cutters aren't to fusy) plus zombies walking through it like air. The later is probally to hard to code right now so i will wait for that in standalone.

Sidenote: Increase the amount of sandbags you can find please...that would be good. A more complex placment system (3d hologram overlay) as well.

Edited by Trizzo

remove them and put them back later when they are more usefull like: stopping zeds. when you run into them there might be a chance that they hurt you/cause bleeding but if you approach them slow there is only a little chance that you will be hurt or so

yes until you guys fix it... zombies can pass across it... so yes, please remove it!

Edited by Salazar159

No. The game needs more fortification items, the tank traps and barbed wire make nice little homes in the forest. Sandbags are average as they are quite rare. I want my base to be as secure as possible! :)

Cheers

Yes remove barbed wire and those stupid soldier bodies too.

get up to date. the dead soldiers have been 'fixed'

You should remove everything that is causing graphical artifacts, this includes,

Wire Fence

Dead Army body corpses

Until they are fixed.

Yes, just until you fix the graphical glitches associated with the barbed wire and stop zombies from walking through them.

Edited by Lordsarito