mattlightfoot

Should we remove barbed wire in the next update

Barbed Wire  

1. 1. Should we remove barbed wire?

• Yes
    • No

Keep it, but fix it. Its a good idea to keep people out of certain areas, but toolboxes are useless if you cant remove the barbed wire!

Yes remove it, unless it's changed to alter Z pathing. It's currently useless against Z's.

Should Barbed Wire (and/or Tank Traps and Sand bags) be removed?

As they are right now? Yes

If you could fix them so that if zeds tried to pass through Barbed Wire they get hurt and could die, and Tanks traps and sand bags would STOP them... then No leave them.

As they are right now, they only stop players from being able to try and get to safety to try and defend themselves from the zeds.

They are nice to try and make forts, but when people ghosting to other servers, not much use then :(

YES

A yes vote is my way of Greifing the Greifers. that is all.

Yes X1000. It's only used to block doors, doesn't stop zombies, and in the hands of an asshole, can completely ruin a server.

No. The functionality of the barbed wire fencing is horrible. It's nothing but a cheesy and annoying item in the game. It only induces server hopping. I see no positive effect from having it in the game.

If zeds cant walk threw them then they are kinda useful, but since that doesn't work, take them out, there is no use.

YES

Give it more variables like effecting zombies etc and replace it. Only if it doesn't cause graphics bugs, also make it easier to remove if you have the tools.

Ash

Keep it, but when someone removes it it should actually be gone and not respawn every reboot.

Instead of saying yes and no to them being removed I'd rather know why? Yes and no really mean nothing to me. I've always thought it was a cool element in the game. And when I read an interview about how DayZ's endgame was to be to rebuild I thought that was sick. I love the idea of getting together with a group of people and setting up camp somewhere. Unfortunately, there's not much building material yet. Barbed wire gives a little bit of a building feel. That's why I'd love for it to stick around. I think players should be able to walk over them. As for damage, only MINIMAL damage should happen if any. (Think realistically, barbed wire isn't that bad. You shouldn't bleed out. And just the simply act of climbing over it makes you open to attack if you're trying to break into someone's base. So there's still a consequence.) I assumed they'd block zombies. If they don't, they defiantly should. Or what's the point? Zombies would be stupid and get tangled in them.

Edited by deercr0ssing

Instead of saying yes and no to them being removed I'd rather know why? Yes and no really mean nothing to me. I've always thought it was a cool element in the game. And when I read an interview about how DayZ's endgame was to be to rebuild I thought that was sick. I love the idea of getting together with a group of people and setting up camp somewhere. Unfortunately, there's not much building material yet. Barbed wire gives a little bit of a building feel. That's why I'd love for it to stick around. I think players should be able to walk over them. As for damage, only MINIMAL damage should happen if any. (Think realistically, barbed wire isn't that bad. You shouldn't bleed out. And just the simply act of climbing over it makes you open to attack if you're trying to break into someone's base. So there's still a consequence.) I assumed they'd block zombies. If they don't, they defiantly should. Or what's the point? Zombies would be stupid and get tangled in them.

They know what the problems are with the wire. That's why they are asking if they should remove them or not. Whether if the negative sides outweigh the positive.

No. The functionality of the barbed wire fencing is horrible. It's nothing but a cheesy and annoying item in the game. It only induces server hopping. I see no positive effect from having it in the game.

"Should we remove barbed wire in the next update"