mattlightfoot

Should we remove barbed wire in the next update

Barbed Wire  

1. 1. Should we remove barbed wire?

• Yes
    • No

No, keep it, but fix it so it actually stops zombies, doesn't produce graphical glitches, and creates bleeding rather than broken limbs. The issue some people have with it being used to deny access to certain buildings - it's a legimate tactic, so find a toolbox and/or deal with it.

There's no need to remove them entirely. You just need to make it easier for people to find toolboxes and make it easier to take them apart. I don't want to scan the barbed wire for 5 minutes trying to find the sweet spot that tells me "Remove CAT wire".

No. Its a part of the game, and with a toolbox, it can be removed. So its hardly a problem. Yes, it has some flaws, but I vote to work on fixing it, not removing it because its a problem. Its like saying we should remove zombies until their bugs are fixed.

There's no need to remove them entirely. You just need to make it easier for people to find toolboxes and make it easier to take them apart. I don't want to scan the barbed wire for 5 minutes trying to find the sweet spot that tells me "Remove CAT wire".

Toolboxes are already easy to find.

Edited by 21Actual

Yes get rid of.

At the moment it is just a griefer's tool.

Perhaps it can be brought back at a later stage after a bit more thought has gone into it.

Barbed wire helps no one. It doesn't help you 'fortify' a camp, as zombies have always walked straight through it, so really you only give yourself a higher chance of getting hurt. They're spammed all over cities, and the average player doesn't have the tools to take one down, even though they are able to be put up without said tools.

They really make no sense, serve no purpose other than to troll others, and have no place in this game until coded in a way that makes sense. I.e. only available to be placed in areas where they won't be sticking through walls, won't allow zombies to walk through them, and also require a toolbox to SET UP. Or maybe heavy gloves, which you'd also need to remove it, perhaps? Something, ANYTHING to prevent any random douchebag from trolling Cherno.

Thanks for reading.

Hell no. The ability to fortify an area against players is great. One of the most entertaining experiences I've had in Elektro involved a fresh spawn and somebody strategically setting up wire everywhere. This kept anyone from going through the back alley routes and forced them to be in the open. What ensued was some pretty damn entertaining noob pvp. But things like this help build a better game, so I'd recommend leaving it in.

You absolutely have to remove it. I have not once in my months of playing this mod seen it used in a useful or tactical way. 98.99% of the time it's used to block access to loot spawns and without a low drop rate toolbox they're there for good. The fact that it doesn't even stop zombies is most of the reason it's just used to troll zombies. People find it and place it in the worst locations to block entry before they leave the server.

Edited by Rindragon

Yes, remove the bloody things. Removal is too often impossible, so the loot spawns are inevitably roped off by grief-focused players. Sandbags should be adequate for fortifying doors, as players must vault over them, giving defenders time to shoot. Also, the rubble at NWAF ATC entrance could stand being moved a few centimeters to the Southeast.

Thanks for accepting feedback. GG

Yes, it serves no purpose in the game. Doesnt stop zombies and players can overstep them.(pressing "V")

Yes Plz.... Cause I know that when a zombie apocalypse breaks out.. that all the survivors are going to raid the stores for barbed wire, and set it up in front of the pub, so that no one can get a drink...

Yup. In other news, I have only found a toolbox once in my months of playing. Soon afterward I took an AS50 round to the knee.

Either remove it or fix it.

By fixing I mean, allow your character to vault over it with a chance of bleeding and make it so zombies can't pass through it with getting stuck for a while. Otherwise, remove it until further notice.

If it still causes graphical issues...yes.

If it doesn't, then keep it in. People who cry about it blocking the firehouse/school/church need to stop being lazy and hit some industrial spawns for a toolbox. They're not that rare tbh.

It would be nice if it's a little easier to remove though. Finding that one pixel that contains the "Remove CAT1 wire" prompt is pretty annoying. I definitely support the idea of making running into wire having a chance to cause bleeding. Also hate how it sinks to ground level when I try to put them on upper floors or raised entrances.