mattlightfoot

Should we remove barbed wire in the next update

Barbed Wire  

1. 1. Should we remove barbed wire?

• Yes
    • No

dont remove ^^ make it removable ... cuz nobody can remove it with the toolbox. does it have only 1 pixel for interaction?

It is removable, you need to target the poles that the wire is placed upon.

Remove it.

99.5% used to grief people.

0.49% put up in the middle of nowhere because you want rid of it.

0.01% used to protect a camp etc.

For the love of god, yes...sandbags too, atleast untill you can remove them, and they don't put back up next restart.

If it eliminates or decreases graphic glitches then yes - till it will be fixed.

Absolutely...yes.It's used mainly as a griefing tool and is extremely difficult to remove once put down.Regardless of what other people say it IS a griefing tool as it stands.

No way! I love barbwire. It does need to be fixed. It should not return after being removed. It should require a toolbox to setup AND take down. It SHOULD be easier to remove, but I have never seen barbwire I couldn't remove.

No one has used barbed wire to keep away zombies or enemy players. It's only been used as a griefing tactic and while we're supposed to be able to remove it with a toolbox, I've only gotten the option to remove it 25% of the time. It's too glitchy and doesn't do anything to improve gameplay.

I use it against zombies and players without griefing all the time. You just have to understand how it works.

Edited by Taggert1313
  • Like 1

Posted by: Whiners

Hmph! Barbed Wire makes this game too hard!! I want to hop right over it or crawl right under! Barbed wire is hard to remove! I can't cut it in 2 seconds so it needs to come out! Griefers are the only ones to use it! OMG such trool tool!

Seriously people? Barbed wire was made as a human barrier. It wasn't ment to stop cars as a blockade, it wasn't made with space underneath it so that it was easily circumnavigated. It was ment to tear the shit out of you if you tried to go around it without proper preperation.

My Vote is NO!

Leave them in and eventually get them working properly, and by properly I mean: Stops zombies, stops players, tricky to remove, doesnt come back after restart, causes bleeding to occur if tried to climb over, and can be driven over with minimal damage. If they can't be driven over, what is the point of tank traps?

If you remove this, there is no way to secure an area for yourself in game properly. Don't cripple barracading up buildings, improve it!

Barbed Wire - Human Barrier

Tank Trap - Vehicle Blockade

Sandbags - Positioned Cover

Edited by HenryFjord
  • Like 1

I would not be sad to see it go for now. Maybe in the standalone it'd be nice to see it back and work against zombies, at least slow them down a little. Maybe after they force their way through it, they become crawlers, something like that. Make it the same for players. You can get through it but you get all tore up!

• Like 1

I'm not sure if someone else has posted this already but I think barbed wire should be left in the game for its many purposes but a tool (potentially the toolbox) should be available for use in taking them down. Now obviously there should be a delay to taking them down (just like the time it takes to put them up). The wire should also be updated to restrict zombies just like sandbags do, or atleast cripple their legs or hurt them. If you remove them from the game all your doing is limiting another way for use to baricade ourselves from other players or zombies (if updated).

Yes there are those who are just trolls and will use the wire to block off the stairs to a firehouse with an 870 on the other side just for the kicks to watch the newly spawned player fail misserably before he picks them off from long range or just lets them run off.

• Like 1

Please remove them, for now.

Thx

Edited by Shea

Seriously people? Barbed wire was made as a human barrier. It wasn't ment to stop cars as a blockade, it wasn't made with space underneath it so that it was easily circumnavigated. It was ment to tear the shit out of you if you tried to go around it without proper preperation.

My Vote is NO!

Leave them in and eventually get them working properly, and by properly I mean: Stops zombies, stops players, tricky to remove, doesnt come back after restart, causes bleeding to occur if tried to climb over, and can be driven over with minimal damage. If they can't be driven over, what is the point of tank traps?

If you remove this, there is no way to secure an area for yourself in game properly. Don't cripple barracading up buildings, improve it!

Barbed Wire - Human Barrier

Tank Trap - Vehicle Blockade

Sandbags - Positioned Cover

This!

• Like 1

No

But you should remove it temporary until Graphical glitch is fixed

and also All user placed objects that were removed with tools and then come back after restart should be fixed

but overall i think deadbodies are piority with this graphical glitch and should be removed

yeah remove it

serves no purpose

and its like 2 feet high and you cant get over it?

thats realisitc.....

NO. Dont remove it, just fix it, they can be removed easily for the most part. And they are useful for setting up encampments in which you can just easily jump over sandbag walls with out em, making for no reason to set up barricades to stop anyone really.

• Like 1