TheMachine

Make hacking LEGAL - read before rage

I hate this post on every level. After some of your other posts on the same subject it's hard to tell if your just trolling or deluded.

Why can it not be both?

OP, terrible idea man, just terrible.

Hackers don't hack because they are being limited in gameplay. They hack because they want to fundamentally be at a complete advantage to everyone else in the game, one you could never aspire to because they alone have the power, you do not.

It's a fundamentally different psychology to game playing. Hackers in online games don't care about fair play or being limited in the same way as everyone else. You give everyone the option to be a god (which is already a stupid idea for this game anyway) and you don't satisfy the hacker's ego to be superior to everyone else. They still crave their zero effort win condition so they'll find another way to hack.

You're only attacking the symptom, not the disease. The disease is that some people can't handle to play an online game on its terms and feel the need to stack it in their favor to the detriment of everyone else.

Like I said this is a psychological issue, not a game design one. It's rooted in the basics flaws of humanity with regards to fairness and respect for others.

You're exactly right, hackers hack because they refuse to be killed and just can't stand losing nor do they want to take the time to learn the game like everyone else does.

So doesn't it make perfect sense to take the power away from them and make each and every player just as powerful as the hackers, at least until the standalone version is released?

In an ideal world there wouldn't be any hacks, or rather no one would sink so low as to hack, but we don't live in an ideal world I'm afraid.

People need to face up to this fact and start talking about options for the small percentage of legit players still playing.

Edited by TheMachine

The fact that there's hackers means there's a flaw in the game design. If so many people feel the need to hack, it's because the game is broken or too hard in some way. The clear solution is to add hacks for everyone thus reducing the game to the skill level that an obvious majority will enjoy.

It's clearly the only option until standalone comes around.

Edited by itputsthelotion

You're exactly right, hackers hack because they refuse to be killed and just can't stand losing nor do they want to take the time to learn the game like everyone else does.

So doesn't it make perfect sense to take the power away from them and make each and every player just as powerful as the hackers, at least until the standalone version is released?

In an ideal world there wouldn't be any hacks, or rather no one would sink so low as to hack, but we don't live in an ideal world I'm afraid.

People need to face up to this fact and start talking about options for the small percentage of legit players still playing.

You're an idiot.

Doing this would "fix" the "hacker" problem but virtually destroy the game itself.

A survival game with godmode.

likesrsly.

You're an idiot.

Doing this would "fix" the "hacker" problem but virtually destroy the game itself.

A survival game with godmode.

likesrsly.

The "survival" portion of game died a bitter death a few months back when hackers began teleporting the entire server 1KM into the sky every 20 minutes.

eg68ed.jpg

The fact that there's hackers means there's a flaw in the game design. If so many people feel the need to hack, it's because the game is broken or too hard in some way. The clear solution is to add hacks for everyone thus reducing the game to the skill level that an obvious majority will enjoy.

Ah there we go, I found the problem, the game is too hard. I mean, who wants a survival game that is difficult to play? People don't hack because a game is too hard, go and play COD4 and tell me that people hack on that because it is a really difficult game to play. Clearly you don't understand what this game is, or how to play, or otherwise you wouldn't dream of bringing up how difficult it is (which it's not actually). Also the game is not broken, sure, there are glitches and bugs that can be frustrating, but if someone has to mention the fact that it is an Alpha again the world might just implode.

And will you please actually answer my question about what you think people would even do in this game if everything is just given to them?

The "survival" portion of game died a bitter death a few months back when hackers began teleporting the entire server 1KM into the sky every 20 minutes.

Well, I'm sure when everyone has the power to do it the chances of it happening will be slimmer...?

eg68ed.jpg

I meant surviving the hackers and script kiddies.

I play day z on inferno difficulty.

Lol, I'm going to have to buy that again, or B&W2, I can't remeber if I played the second or not, shame on me if I didn't.

The second one was good but not as good as the first. I'd love to see a remake.

Edit - Wow, people are still feeding the trolls!

Edited by Fraggle

Am I the only one noticing the trolls both have pictures of fat people having their nipples licked? I say "trolls" but I mean "troll". Can you moderators not see posters IP's or something?

The second one was good but not as good as the first. I'd love to see a remake.

Edit - Wow, people are still feeding the trolls!

A remake would be awesome, I would buy it. But I will stick to the originals happily.

Yeah, and I'm still one of them, I would have something better to do but I'm stuck at work for the next 30-60 minutes, lol.

Am I the only one noticing the trolls both have pictures of fat people having their nipples licked? I say "trolls" but I mean "troll". Can you moderators not see posters IP's or something?

Ah God that picture is freaky, who on Earth wants to tattoo their eyeball?

IKR? I just like the picture as an avatar because it makes people uncomfortable. Like my alot of my posts...

Here we go, wild conspiracy theories.

Ever hear of co-incedence?

Or do you think the world is ruled by giant lizards from the 5th dimension?

Lets get back to the topic and hand folks.

signed! And i surely cant sleep tonight after watching these pictures closely.

If that is the case is it horribly ironic that you both share the same love for having pictures of fat men getting their nipples licked as well as having the same terrible troll logic.

Dontcha Think?

And how many players would play this game if everyone ran around with godmode and/or any other hack they wanted?

0.... Utterly pointless.

Fail thread.

WHat a bad idea this thread is.

Also Black and White was astonishingly impressive game. I remember when I brought it home back in '01... and then for two days was just figuring out what the hell this game wants me to do and intentionally by accident killing villagers and playing cow tekken.... I mean, it was not great >game< per say, but on level of experience it was sooo goood and rich....

In the past, whenever I entered a cheat code into a game... it had the effect of me losing all interest in the game. There was just no point in playing it anymore.

I can almost see the logic behind this.... and yet I can't.

I played MW2 for several months when it released, I really enjoyed the mindless, gratuitous violence of it. Gradually, it became more and more filled with aimbotters and wallhackers, to the point I could play 10 matches, and maybe 2 were legit. While crying about it to my brother (lets face it, QQ is QQ), he says "just get your own wallhack and stop being a little bitch".

So I did. I grabbed myself an ESP, and joined a few matches. First time some asshat was clearly cheating, I flipped that shit on and would grief him and only him for the entire time he was in our "server". Within about 3 days, I had quit playing completely. Even using it as a retaliation/defense completely ruined the game for me. I wouldn't ever get shot because I could see everyone, and avoided them all so I could exact justice on the cheater. Ultimately, he's still playing, and cheating his whiny bitch ass off, and I've retired a game I quite enjoyed.

I really can't see the draw. It really just isn't fun to know where everyone is, have all the guns/ammo, or be invincible. I don't get it. I've tried to understand it. I DO understand making yourself hugely powerful through hard work, determined planning and in-depth knowledge of a game's systems, like Anarchy Online twinking... squeezing gear meant for a level 150 onto a level 40 doctor is hard, expensive, and requires not just your own hard work and time, but the help of other players to make it happen. I dunno, I really wish I could "get it". Maybe understanding it would make it less of an obnoxious, rage inducing thing. I can't even pity them for being pathetic because I'm not convinced it is purely them being pussies who can't handle a little hardcore gaming. I've spent years playing roguelikes and loving it, permadeath and all, but ALL of my friends call me a masochist for it; I've warned everyone that "my little @sign games are too hardcore for you".

If that's how you want to play... Ok. I only wish it wasn't at the expense of other people playing the way THEY want. Your right to throw punches stops at my face. I signed up to be sniped in cherno after spawning. I signed up to hunted down and run over by UAZ's. I didn't sign up for some asshat to teleport everyone into a deathmatch arena and set them on fire while he masturbates into his grandmothers panties.

Isn't it strange the 2 people who want to make hacking legal, have pictures of weird, fat men licking their nipples as their avatar.

Trolls? Yes.

Guys, are we ready to ignore them, and stop feeding them? Yes

Let's leave this thread for dead? Please

• Like 1