TheMachine

Make hacking LEGAL - read before rage

Ok guys, so hear me out before you jump down my throat.

The hacking problem is bad, really bad.

We all know just how bad it is by now, so there's no need for me to reiterate it for you.

What if there were a way to level the playing field so it's fair for everyone that's playing DayZ and we aren't all put at a disadvantage by the hackers?

What if 'god mode', 'weapons crates', 'teleportation' etc were all baked right into the DayZ client so anyone could use them?

You see, hackers basically operate on the premise that no one should be able to kill them, hence they use cheats to avenge their death or stop people from killing them at all.

There should be an option to opt in or out of 'god mode' when you start playing, this way you can engage in the fights you want without the worry of dying and the annoyance of respawning all the time.

A lot of people will be annoyed and consider this 'giving in' to hackers, but in actual fact it's only really standing up to them.

We just need more options guys, there's nothing wrong with that.

I hate to say it but I agree. The mod is just a test bed for buggy features at this stage it's a stagnant pool of broken dreams until the standalone is out -- So why not let everyone spawn a crate of weapons to make up for all the hacker deaths. You think anything short of 40% of the population isn't hacking at the moment anyway? Do you think it makes any difference to the testing of dogs and bear traps if everyone's got a wookie outfit and a thermal scoped AS50?

Battleye does nothing! In fact, battle eye is currently mass banning "innocent" people because hackers are forcing their clients to run scripts. Until battle eye sorts its shit out and dayz goes standalone I don't see anything wrong with this...

Anyone disagreeing with this is just a hacker who wants to keep his advantage over the community. :rolleyes:

Edited by itputsthelotion
  • Like 1

Someone haven't seen the point in this game?

Oh survival? That's hard though, you know what with the whole...

...Dying to hackers after 20 minutes of play time? I think the game lost its point about 3 months ago. Good luck living in denial, but the rest of us want a solution.

I hate to say it but I agree. The mod is just a test bed for buggy features at this stage it's a stagnant pool of broken dreams until the standalone is out -- So why not let everyone spawn a crate of weapons to make up for all the hacker deaths. You think anything short of 40% of the population isn't hacking at the moment anyway? Do you think it makes any difference to the testing of dogs and bear traps if everyone's got a wookie outfit and a thermal scoped AS50?

Battleye does nothing! In fact, battle eye is currently mass banning "innocent" people because hackers are forcing their clients to run scripts. Until battle eye sorts its shit out and dayz goes standalone I don't see anything wrong with this...

Anyone disagreeing with this is just a hacker who wants to keep his advantage over the community. :rolleyes:

Yeah, exactly.

I judge the number of hackers based on direct 1 to 1 deaths by them, not the mass kills/teleportation to places deaths.

I mean 1 vs 1 combat with people who CLEARLY have god mode enabled and in all honesty it's about 30-40%, that is NOT an exaggeration.

Battleye is not working and as has been stated by the devs themselves, will never work for DayZ.

So why not let people play on the same level as the hackers until the standalone is released?

Oh no, you just want to script and have an advantage do you?

I WISH THE SCRIPTERS WOULD GET BANNED, BUT THEY WON'T.

I hate this post on every level. After some of your other posts on the same subject it's hard to tell if your just trolling or deluded.

I was thinking the same thing. I really dislike this guy, but I am wanting to give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he is fucking around. Not exactly a good troll though.

The best way to beat them is to simply ignore them and not acknowledge their actions. Of course ban them when their hacks are detected, but hackers get their "high" from the reactions of the other players. The best thing to do when a hack happens is to not say anything. Just leave the server. Usually server admins scan their logs at the end of each day and ban anyone caught using hacks.

You think hacking as it is now ruins the game? Adding in "counter hacks" that anyone could use would really, really ruin the game.

I like to think of hackers as bullies. The same ideas about dealing with bullies can be applied to hackers. Don't show your emotion and don't bully back.

Edited by ArmA-Nicholas

Ive seen script kiddies get banned before. Scripters ruin this game, but i assure you the problem will be fixed.

Yeah, exactly.

I judge the number of hackers based on direct 1 to 1 deaths by them, not the mass kills/teleportation to places deaths.

I mean 1 vs 1 combat with people who CLEARLY have god mode enabled and in all honesty it's about 30-40%, that is NOT an exaggeration.

Battleye is not working and as has been stated by the devs themselves, will never work for DayZ.

So why not let people play on the same level as the hackers until the standalone is released?

Oh no, you just want to script and have an advantage do you?

I logged onto DE4 earlier and met 9 seperate people. 6 of them were hacking in various forms... When 60% of the server population is hacking you've got a serious issue. Why should us legit 40% have to deal with this? I want a wookie outfit and helicopters too...

The best way to beat them is to simply ignore them and not acknowledge their actions. Of course ban them when their hacks are detected, but hackers get their "high" from the reactions of the other players. The best thing to do when a hack happens is to not say anything. Just leave the server. Usually server admins scan their logs at the end of each day and ban anyone caught using hacks.

You think hacking as it is now ruins the game? Adding in "counter hacks" that anyone could use would really, really ruin the game.

That's tough when someone spawns on you and satchels you instantly. That sort of thing happens approx every 20 minutes. Good luck ignoring that.

Hacker gave my friends a helicopter today. They just died from a previous hacker on another server and I logged out before he got me to(in stary). They came and picked me up. WE later saw him again as I was watching the helicopter while they looted NWAF. Guy with a zombie skin and mk mod comes out of no where. Scared the hell out of me. I knew he had to be a hacker, but I didn't see him when he gave the helicopter to my friends. I didn't shoot and neither did he. We all got in the helicopter and headed to the west coast. A minute into the flight, he said see ya and ejected, but died haha. Was a nice guy imo :). He also made a little tent city by the power station fire house in elektro. Made our night.

Lol, yea I can see the epicness of this already, everyone running around with God Mode engaged, shooting everyone else, with God Mode engaged, while using weapons that some people actually enjoy trying to find on their own, or just ones that aren't meant to be in the game. Couple that with people teleporting everyone else to every other location on the map trying to kill them... Yes, sarcasm was definitely intended.

What the fuck do you suggest you do in this game if everything including immortality is just given to you? Not only that but it is not even hard to get hold of scripts if you really want to, the fact that people don't suggests that people would rather play as intended.

Hacker gave my friends a helicopter today. They just died from a previous hacker on another server and I logged out before he got me to(in stary). They came and picked me up. WE later saw him again as I was watching the helicopter while they looted NWAF. Guy with a zombie skin and mk mod comes out of no where. Scared the hell out of me. I knew he had to be a hacker, but I didn't see him when he gave the helicopter to my friends. I didn't shoot and neither did he. We all got in the helicopter and headed to the west coast. A minute into the flight, he said see ya and ejected, but died haha. Was a nice guy imo :). He also made a little tent city by the power station fire house in elektro. Made our night.

Wow, cool story bro.

If only some of the hackers I met would have some mercy and be 'nice' and not just speak in screechy voices 'YOOO MOTHAA LOLZ' before they shot me.

Hackers wouldnt even play if this were to take place. the game would die.

Lol, yea I can see the epicness of this already, everyone running around with God Mode engaged, shooting everyone else, with God Mode engaged, while using weapons that some people actually enjoy trying to find on their own, or just ones that aren't meant to be in the game. Couple that with people teleporting everyone else to every other location on the map trying to kill them... Yes, sarcasm was definitely intended.

What the fuck do you suggest you do in this game if everything including immortality is just given to you? Not only that but it is not even hard to get hold of scripts if you really want to, the fact that people don't suggests that people would rather play as intended.

I don't see your problem. If you want to play the game your way, that's fine. Just opt out of using the hack tools, don't interfere with everyone else though. You can play the game how you want still... We're just getting more options and the best thing a games company can do is give its community more options and choices.

That's tough when someone spawns on you and satchels you instantly. That sort of thing happens approx every 20 minutes. Good luck ignoring that.

Just because it happens does not mean you have to react. Simply leave the server. Don't get attached to your gear. If it makes you mad when you spend hours collecting great loot only to be killed, then maybe you shouldn't be playing at all?

Just step back and take a look at the big picture. I'm sure you'll have plenty more time to get that loot back. It'll be a different experience each time. It's only a game in the end.

Edited by ArmA-Nicholas

I don't see your problem. If you want to play the game your way, that's fine. Just opt out of using the hack tools, don't interfere with everyone else though. You can play the game how you want still... We're just getting more options and the best thing a games company can do is give its community more options and choices.

These are the sort of people that are against democracy and support 1% holding 80% of the wealth.

They're beggars to their own demise and fail to see the writing on the wall.

What's wrong with more options, they're just OPTIONS guys.

Yeah great, I will be the one without God Mode, so who will be the target of everyone? Me. Hacking isn't a normal option, it is a way out for people who are incapable of playing a game as intended. Seriously what would be fun about this game with hacks in it? Please give me a good logical answer to that and I will agree that hacking should be put into the game.

Just because it happens does not mean you have to react. Simply leave the server. Don't get attached to your gear. If it makes you mad when you spend hours collecting great loot only to be killed, then maybe you shouldn't be playing at all?

Just step back and take a look at the big picture. I'm sure you'll have plenty more time to get that loot back. It'll be a different experience each time. It's only a game in the end.

What? I don't spend hours farming loot or get attached to anything. That's the point. I have whatever you can scrounge in 10 - 20 minutes. Usually an alice pack / tools / lee enfield. Before the clown faced god mode wookie spawns on me and unloads 60 .50 cal bullets into me. That's how it goes every death. That gets boring, ya know?

The "big picture" is the hackers rule this game.

You know the only people being banned by battle eye at the moment are legit non hacking players? All of the script kiddies download their hacks off of forums which tell them exactly how to bypass battle eye. There's a script at the moment which forces legit clients to run scripts in order to get banned.

So play legit = banned. Hack = unbanned and have fun.

What sense does that make? All we're asking for here is a level playing field... Where you can play legit, have fun and not get banned when you shouldn't. What's so wrong with that?

Edited by itputsthelotion

i play legit and dont get banned, and ive seen hackers get banned.

"I play on railway tracks and I don't get hit by trains so it's perfectly safe"

Thanks for your anecdotal evidence, I'll file that away under P for pointless crap.

• Like 1