rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2.6

Is respawning on the coast everytime you enter a server fixed or being looked at? Myself and two buddies usually play together, and about 2 weeks ago one of them started spawning randomly on the coast everytime he entered a server. About a week later, it began to happen to me, everytime I enter a game I spawn randomly along the coast regardless of where I last logged off. This week it has begun to happen to the last member of our squad.

We don't know what effect a hive wipe could have, probably nothing but that kind of large scale change is something we would need to think about.

For starters, 100k new character creations at the same time could cause an issue. We just don't know, we would need to think a bit more before wiping everything.

• Like 11

Cool. Someone ran a poll about it and the general consensus was that everyone is in favour of a wipe to re-balance the game.

• Like 4

Am I missing something? Is there not a debug menu for a dog in the photo in smasht_AU's post? Oh, well, here's to hoping that means something

Edited by calthehunter

Hopefully this time you do fix the graphic bugs.

Rocket could you look into fixing the backpack when your skin changes glitch? It's seriously annoying to lose a backpack full of good loot just because your skin changed

Edited by Primey0

Nice choices on things to be fixed in the Hofix :)

they are the one´s we needet

dogs are 1.7.3

this update is 1.7.2.6

thanks rocket, look forward to surviving again this weekend!

Cool. Someone ran a poll about it and the general consensus was that everyone is in favour of a wipe to re-balance the game.

Why wipe now? Wait until its stand alone surely.

We don't know what effect a hive wipe could have, probably nothing but that kind of large scale change is something we would need to think about.

For starters, 100k new character creations at the same time could cause an issue. We just don't know, we would need to think a bit more before wiping everything.

Can totally understand you're reasoning, but is this not what alpha stage is for? To see exactly what you can and can not do. How much strain you can put on the hive, the effects of a hive wipe and so on.

• Like 5

Wouldn't it be best to try either now or 1.7.3? I mean the reason many players were duping was because gear wasn't saving, people lost gear in unsaved vehicles, etc. Plus how long has the HIVE been up? Like 1.6 or earlier? I say its time for a HIVE wipe, deal with issues it brings etc now then to wait down the road and have it become harder to pinpoint issue(s).

@Fraggle

Yea my buddy H4tze put up a poll but it got taken down for some reason. But the consensus was to do a HIVE wipe before it got too big to handle

• Like 3

* [NEW] Option to flip vehicles that have rolled

I love you for this :D ATVS are not useless after having them for 1 hour :D

• Like 2

How about starting with just all the tents, vehicles, fences, and tank traps? This should remove a ton of dupes and defect vehicles (vehicles that just behave odd) right off the bat.

just as idea, dont delete the whole character, just delete weapons, tools, nvg, rangefinder and so on one time, or reset all characters to a default character (one simple sql command while you disconnect the hive for some minutes)

after that you just have normal logins and not new character creations :)

* [FIXED] Converting between magazine types resets ammo count (Now only contains previous number of rounds)

Confirmed

• Like 9

A hive wipe would not change anything. Hackers will have duped everything back in 2 minutes anyway

But at least it will re-balance the playing field for a while.

* [FIXED] Converting between magazine types resets ammo count (Now only contains previous number of rounds)

Confirmed

Great, this just made the game 10x harder. Thanks (not sarcasm).

Edited by Jony_RocketInMyPocket