Sign in to follow this  
hoggy2121

To the two guys on DK10 in Cherno...

My friend and I thank you very much for the loot!

A short tale first though:

After having a very interesting day of trying to save peoples lives in Cherno and Electro, and finally getting the Hero skin, i was quite looking forward to trying to engage with more players. I started the day on US 20something, and having been carrying quite a lot of medical supplies was getting frustrated when i was killed by a hacker. Spawning at Balota, i took the journey across the airfield. I met an outstanding chap by the name of Brad Buckingham (or similar), who despite the chance didn't kill me. Even after i found an assault rifle, i still didnt want to hurt him, giving him my only (empty) water bottle and even pointing out that a shotgun had spawned. I bade him farewell, along with his friend, and made my way down the coast. A few more deaths through hackers saw we switch servers to DK10.

At first things were average. Spawning all over the island, trying to meet up with my friend. I ended up in the church at Cherno, meeting a nice bloke by the name Tomo. Again, he didnt shoot me, i gave him some blood via drip, and things were dandy. I nip out to the hospital to restock the medical pack, and upon returning to the church find a dirty bandit brandishing a crowbar. He ran towards me, so in self defence i let him have a mag of makarov ammo. He may of been full of good intentions, but I doubt it! Sorry you might of been a new spawn, but dont run at a medic who has a simple pistol brandishing a crowbar towards my head!!

A very short while later, over direct chat, weird music begins to play, and then the church blows up...

When i go outside, i meet a ghillie sniper firing a VERY fast firing AS50, who in an obvious attempt to blow us up and failing decides to camp the entrance to shoot me. Death by hacker again I guess...

Skip forward a few hours. I have made my way back to Cherno, and carrying a battered Lee Enfield. Coyote patrol pack is stacked with blood, my friend has just been killed by a bandit at the fire station. He manages to miss me (found a nice ghillie at the clock tower 15 minutes prior) and whilst i am a half second from hitting him with the Enfield in the head, he vanishes behind a wall and is gone. I try stalk him for revenge, but no luck. A quick sweep through a few buildings yield nothing of use, so off into the hills i head to await my friend. I get a call on the 'radio' (Ventrilo) to say whilst he has been scouting Balota, he has found a DMR. First time either of us have found any form of sniper apart from the CZ550, so we are both quite excited! (Over a month of play and this is the first sniper we find...) He nips up to me on the hill, drops off the G17 and DMR he has found, and pops off into town with a M1911 to see if he can scavenge some DMR mags.

Whilst cutting about the town, my friend hits his radio button and gives me some good news. He has found two players cutting about in the town, and has dropped one of them. The second guy has chased him to the church. Out goes a smoke grenade from my mucker, obscuring the vision of the would be attacker. The man trying so hard to kill my friend reaches in his pocket, and pulls out a grenade...

Only problem is, its an RGO grenade, found at heli crash sites. One massive explosion later, and my friend peers around the door of the church, to find one very very dead potential bandit!

The DMR mag has been forgotten about by this point, as a quick check of the body reveals a nice little stash of loot. An Alice pack, an M16 ACOG, 9 Stanag (2 which are SD), cooked meat, an M9 with a few mags, more blood, food, water, another RGO grenade, essential hunting kit... JACKPOT!! Another gun I've yet to use, the M16 ACOG! Old backpack ditched, my mucker says he will go scout out a DMR mag. SOD THAT! GET HERE NOW!!!

Back to the hills he comes, and we do a slight exchange of kit. I grab the M16, the Alice pack, all the gear. Taking cover in the long grass, mucker heads off back into the city to get his DMR mag. Finds one, heads back to hills... The rest is history. Currently enjoying my M16 ACOG and hunting more bandits.

If you see us, and wear a shermag, dont come near! If you are a survivor or hero, and need any medical help, come find me. But be aware there will be a DMR and an M16 ACOG trained on you by the two guys i cut about with, and all you will find on me is blood and bandages!

The Medic - Me

Short Life Expectancy - Mucker

DayWalker - Absent Mucker from this story...

Cheers all!

Edited by Hoggy

Haha he did have a dif name, but changed it after the fact we seemed to keep getting hit by hackers, and the fact he wanted to try get near to a town rather than the wilderness so seemed to enjoy aggroing zombie hordes to kill him. I dont know, some people eh?

Im trying to acquire the hero skin as well, tho it's hard since everytime I get into Cherno / Elektro or the fire station north of Elektro, the person I help tends to get sniped. If you're looking for another friendly, add me up on skype and just give me a msg - DrannonSF is my skype