4tell

1.7 spawned in water after changing skin

Date/Time: 15:20, 12.06.2012

What happened:Yesterday my friend gave me soldiers uniform that he found so I equiped it. After looting NW airfield i disconected at firehouse tower. Today when i joined other server i was spawned in water, far from coast and outside of the standard map. When i finnaly reached the coast my m4 cco, revolver, ammo and food were gone, i only have backpack. I'm outside of map so i dont even know in which direction i should run to reach chernarus again. I'm also thirsty but i dont have any water in my backpack so I'm slowly dying... Great way to lose your character.

Where you were: NW airfield / in the middle of the sea

What you were doing: looting NW airfield / toady swimming...

*Current installed version: 1.7

*Server(s) you were on: NY4

*Your system specs:

*Timeline of events before/after error: Before error- recioeved camo from friend and looted airfield, after error- spawned in middle of the sea far away from coast.

Same, I had just been scouring around the north for helos.

Got an MK48, and M4 SD with 10 mags, and then I throw on this camo suit i find, go to switch to my "home" server to run to my tent base for depositing and woot im in ocean >.<

I'll just go get my stuff again, but how hard is it for me to be reset back a little to when i had that stuff and WASNT in ocean?

yea something similar happened to me (altho it only removed my backpack with 1 bandage) outfits are very buggy i wouldn't change my clothes till theres an official word that they won't strip you off your gear and send you flying to the middle of the ocean.

this has happened the past 2 times I put on a skin, definitely not working anymore, and now that I think of it I haven't seen anyone with skins in 1.7 in the past 2 days or so.

I equipped the camo skin in 1.7 a couple nights ago and logged back into various servers with no problem. Had a buddy that equipped with no problem also. Seems to be erratic...

I equipped the camo skin in 1.7 and then was killed. Logged back in fine ran through Electro, then Cherno and logged out north of Cherno. Logged back in swimming. Changed servers, swimming. I'll try waiting as you suggested rocket.

Tried swimming to shore. Got about 50 feet away then stopped moving forward. I'm still swimming but the water animation resets every second and I'm not getting any closer. Had to respawn to get back into the game.

yup it happens so often i dumped all my equipment into a tent before putting on my cloths. good thing too because the ocean swim was a long painful one.

Where you were: NW airfield / in the middle of the sea

What you were doing: looting NW airfield / toady swimming...

*Current installed version: 1.7

*Server(s) you were on: dallas 33

Same thing here, happened to me and my friend who had changed our skins. However it also happened to our third friend who later logged in when he wasn't wearing a different skin :/.

since the experience of loosing several days of work it has completely put me off the game :(

(I also swam to the shore, hoping id have some gear left. The shore was completely empty and didn't resemble any part of the map and all i had left was a compass and tin of beans :(

All I hope for is this getting fixed in 1.7.1! :D

What have we learnt from this thread. If you see camo or ghills avoid putting them on.

Edit that, and add "And Civilian clothes".

I found Civilian clothes, put them up thinking they were different from the PMC ones.

GUESS WHAT: I'm now in the middle of a huge ass ocean ;)

It's the edge of the map.

I'm not willing to kill myself because I got some great loot and worked my ass off for days, walking left and right... Up and down.

Please, help us by fixing it however it is possible :(

This happened to me several times, although I didn't make the "change clothes" connection until reading this.

It takes about 30 minutes to swim to shore, and when you get there you only have a knife on you. Fun.

Same problem. Stuck in ocean and dont want 2 die, because have some good loot like GPS, etc. I in the ocean about a week. :<

Player ID:2808644

Second time this has happened now. First time was when i changed to ghilie suit and logged off. Next day i spawned in the water. I lost: M4 CCO SD, M9 SD, M24 Sniper rifle, Coyote Backpack, NVGs, GPS, All standard gear, blood bags, ammo etc...

That really made me go mad, but I was told it was because I logged off with ghillie suit. Since I lost all my gear in the water I just pressed "Respawn". I made my way back to my crews camp and got some new weapons and gear so I was all set again. The SAME day i found some camo in a store, I dont remeber which, but I do know it was not the ghillie suit. So I put it and just to check what it was and then I changed back to the old one. A few minutes after me and my friend logged off. TODAY I SPAWN AND FIND MYSELF IN THE WATER AGAIN!!!!!

I KNOW ITS AN ALPHA, but man am i pissed now.

OMFG..

I have normal suit, and just spawned in the water AGAIN !!!!!

I tought spawning outside the map in debug zone was some shit... Add 50+ more shit toughts to this..

Can ANYBODY solve this ?.. Maybe give us a script so we atleast can teleport to the coast ?

Yeah, a solution would be great, since the devs just go "Nope, we aren't rolling back our bugs to help you, tough luck"... which just pissed me off a tad.

I've actually switched to playing on 1.6.0.1 because of this, which seems fine, and haven't had a single deposit in the ocean when switching clothes on it

After having this bug happen to myself and some of my friends we came to the conclusion that this video most accurately captures our feelings:

POSEIIIIIIDON

Same, not only why u having problem at NW airfield but also i switch new skin make a clone when i would die later, back to second chance where i cloned and i just tempted disconnect and im lost in the ocean. i been five attempts to spawn in the ocean. what a waste time im not gonna change skin again..