twistoff

Under 100K active players

I would just like to point out the rapidly declining popularity of this mod in the last few weeks. Going from 200k upon release of 1.7.2.4/5 to this in just a matter of weeks shows the frustration of the player base. While 100K is still an amazing number for an alpha mod, losing over 50% of its population is definitely a statement being made by the players.

• Like 13

Hoenstly, noone wants to play with the hackers, etc. When standalone comes out I'm the sure the numbers will go back up.

• Like 2

Let's also not forget that summer just ended and school started. There are many reasons why the numbers have declined.

• Like 3

100k eh? Soi where did the other 900k go then? ;P

I would say either back to better games that actually work and have 99% less hackers.

Face it this was hyped up and all the noobs bought the game on the Steam sale, half of them anyway, likely with many other franchises, why would they play on this god forsaken game when all it is to them is running around dickless in cherno or the woods until they die?

• Like 1

As ridiculous as it sounds, I think that the Guild Wars 2 launch pulled a lot of people away. They are not the same genre, but they are both very PvP intensive games.....

Yep. And we're about to lose more when Borderlands 2 comes out in the middle of September. I know DayZ will be losing me for a bit.

• Like 1

People don't stop playing DayZ to play something else exclusively. People stop playing DayZ because there's too many hackers, too many bugs, everyone with a duped/hacked AS50 - it's just become a much slower version of CoD in it's current form.

Once standalone comes out, I think you'll find a lot more people playing again - that is if they solve the bugs/majority of the hacks/duping...

• Like 8

Lots more games that came and are coming soon, hackers, bugs, artifacts, only place to really find pvp is near the coast these days and then a hack just comes in and nukes the server, doesn't really matter thought because out of 5 servers you'll find an ammo box or a tent city behind dobry/cherno these days.

Edit: I do think we're going to lose even more players unless the Dayz Standalone comes up and adds more features quickly otherwise the mod/game will flare out in publicity imo.

Edited by cur1er

Hacking is the primary reason that everyone I know has stopped playing.

It isn't the bugs or anything like that.

• Like 1

People don't stop playing DayZ to play something else exclusively. People stop playing DayZ because there's too many hackers, too many bugs, everyone with a duped/hacked AS50 - it's just become a much slower version of CoD in it's current form.

Once standalone comes out, I think you'll find a lot more people playing again - that is if they solve the bugs/majority of the hacks/duping...

Not true at all. I have only come across 1 hacker in my time of DayZ and I've been playing for about 2 months I think. My buddies and I that play DayZ (about 8 of us) are all going to play Borderlands 2. I know I don't speak for everyone, but I'm sure they're others that are doing the same thing. Maybe not with BL2, but with some other game. At least until the Stand Alone comes out.

• Like 3

I don't know what you're talking about. I'll sure be staying on in this game for a long time, as I'm more of a sim fan than an action adventure COD/BF3 fan.

I know that whatever problems with this mod are only temporary.

Less players means less hackers ... :P I don´t see a problem here.

They should just go ahead and change the name of this game to Masturbation, because soon enough you'll just be playing with yourself.

• Like 4

Less players means less hackers ... :P I don´t see a problem here.

That's one of the dumbest logic I've ever seen.

The legit players are leaving because of the hackers. Hackers continue hacking.

Even if both would leave at the same rate the % of hackers stays the same.

You make absolutely no sense.

• Like 3

They should just go ahead and change the name of this game to Masturbation, because soon enough you'll just be playing with yourself.

I donno man, that hacker may teleport him and join in on the fun. Group tugs man.

Popularity is going down for both the legit and scripting players. Graphical issues and global bans be damned!

-MONSTER

Some on private servers and some are understandably bored/frustrated with the current state of the mod. Many who left will be back for the standalone and the standalone will most likely attract some new players as well (anyone hearing about the game now would probably wait so they only had to buy one game). Those who enjoyed the concept but are too big of entitled morons to understand how video games are made are hopefully gone for good, I will be just fine without hearing the millionth player kill whine.

I do not understand why so many on these forum's think this is some sort of death kneel though, most people who have not bought Arma 2 for Dayz but are somewhat interested are going to wait for the standalone. This means there are few new players to make up for the players leaving due to the issues talked about above. Then you have private servers and Lingor (also private) servers that are taking a significant chunk of the player base with them (BTW, play Lingor it is fun and provides a nice change of pace). Stop hitting the panic button over a mod that is far from being a finished product, if you see low player numbers post standalone then it will be time to worry.

Edited by Zombie Jesus
  • Like 2

Did you pull that 100k number out of your ass? Where are your facts to back this BS up?

Hello, you must be new. It is on the front page.

• Like 4