twistoff

Under 100K active players

It's probably a combination of people who are:

- sick of hackers

- sick of artifacting

- bored without storage/vehicles

- not liking the PVP

- playing on private hives(? I assume stats on who's playing private hives wouldn't be tracked by the site)

- discovering 'OH! THAT's what 'alpha' means.' and moving on to the next shiny thing

- people finding it's just not their cup o' tea

The top three are game breakers for many. Simply put, it was a bad set of circumstances for that release to coincide with Rocket being occupied for a month. But, that's what happens sometimes.

Due to the hackers I think numbers will stay relatively low until standalone. There'll likely be a surge when the fix for tents/vehicles happens though.

really cbb reading through this thread

but 2 weeks ago school in the US started

past few days school in canada started

yesterday college / university semester started

guid wars 2 was released

dark souls pc was released

diablo 3 got its 1.04 patch

tons of things are starting that obviously are going to take huge chunks out of # of players

Says the guy with 4 post.... that 99k is the amount of new players in the last 24 hours.

Well, the guy with 4 (now 5) posts has been member of this community since mid May. I guess I could up my post count by telling people to search on the forums and make other useless posts, but I prefer to mostly read announcements made by the devs and research issues that I might have with my server.

• Like 5

Well, the guy with 4 (now 5) posts has been member of this community since mid May. I guess I could up my post count by telling people to search on the forums and make other useless posts, but I prefer to mostly read announcements made by the devs and research issues that I might have with my server.

Your facts are still off.

I guess there are a couple of reasons why less players play DayZ at this time;

- holiday is over, school started again... Less time to play...

- private servers are created at the same speed as the official servers did, and so do the players move to those servers

- hackers and cheaters are no fun, so players hold back until fixed

- a lot of players start hacking/cheating and therfor get banned and never return again

And to all those who think that players don't come back due cheaters; Have you ever played an online game? Since every game has hackers/cheaters and I've never heard you guys whining about those games...

Because I'm sure the team is really focused on the mod right now. You think that "turn the mod into a stand-alone is written in red pen on the white board"? Not like they are working on one of the biggest releases of the decade, on a short timeline, for which the mod was an alpha test. The mod has problems having to do largely with its success as a free alpha test. People are bored with it and sick of bugs which are no longer the laser focus of the devs. Shocker? What the fuck do you think it was Dean Hall's Magical Eternal Free Entertainment Machine?

I'm not sure how it all works, but i guess that the player counter on the front page is not counting Lingor island players. A LOT of players moved to Lingor island for a while. Me included. Because i got tired of dieing to bugs and having to start over almost every day, but in lingor island you can get top gear in a hour anyway so it's a little bit more fun.

His facts are perfectly correct.

I find it hard to believe that there where only 100k in players over the last 24 hours. I was lead to believe that those numbers where the new players in the last 24 hours not actual players playing. If I am wrong I am sorry I was mistaken.

Edited by ShadowMosesOG

The 99k number is the number of unique IDs that played in the last 24 hours, not the number that have been added. The 1.2 million is number of unique IDs that have ever played the game.

Lots of us can't even play.. I've had two accounts now waiting to be character reset so they will work again since the 14th.

The 99k number is the number of unique IDs that played in the last 24 hours, not the number that have been added. The 1.2 million is number of unique IDs that have ever played the game.

HAHAHA okay then I was wrong carry on.

• Like 1

Says the guy with 4 post.... that 99k is the amount of new players in the last 24 hours.

Oh dear... maybe you should stop now.

We've moved onto Arma OA. Yep the hackers is a pain in the bung hole. Generally on a Monday I download the log files, ban a shit load of people through the CBL (just moved there from own bans) delete log files on server, restart, go back to playing Arma OA.

• Like 1

I for one stopped because of school starting again and cause my little time i've got left is spend on dota 2

I, for one, haven't played in a long time, other than to come back and see whether the mod has been fixed. The reason I left is that the once tense, exhilarating and reward mod, where anyone could be an enemy or an ally, turned into one big deathmatch - where most people would shoot you on sight and the one's who didn't won't hang around you for fear that you'll shoot them in the back.

Then I came back for the current patch and found that every town that has dead bodies now makes my screen filled with artifacts when I look that way. Even if I wanted to play this deathmatch-with-a-10-minute-respawn (it essentially is, since it'll take you 10 min of crawling to get a weapon once you spawn), I couldn't because of these horrible graphical glitches.

I haven't played for awhile.

Just haven't had the urge to login tbh.

There is a weird disconnect that I have with the game now, lately I haven't felt any real goals or reason to log in.

Derp around a bit, find some weapons and ammo, maybe shoot a dude or get shot and start the cycle over.

I'm not having fun playing so I stopped. I will 100% be back for stand alone, but for now the new wow content will keep me busy until I hear more about dayz.

I'll be the first to admit that the recent silence has hurt the momentum this mod had built up.

• Like 1

I'm not sure how it all works, but i guess that the player counter on the front page is not counting Lingor island players. A LOT of players moved to Lingor island for a while. Me included. Because i got tired of dieing to bugs and having to start over almost every day, but in lingor island you can get top gear in a hour anyway so it's a little bit more fun.

Don't lie to people about Lingor, it is full of bugs but incredibly fun. You can gear up in under an hour and there are tons of military spawn points, but the zombies are stronger and they walk through floors (especially in the military buildings) while I have fallen out of houses from looking at my map. I have died to a couple of bugs in my week on the island but it is not a huge deal since gear is easy to come by. A good deal of the servers have side chat making PVE easier, but people are not suddenly nicer to strangers so there is still plenty of KOS. They are not hacker free but hackers get banned without having a ridiculous burden of proof (like the idiots who always want fraps) so they are not nearly as frequent and many of the bugs are gone (yet to find a vehicle although in this map I am sure it would be stolen even if it did not glitch out).

I stopped playing like 20 days ago. Got tired of getting killed by hackers every day. Everyone I know stopped playing too due to hackers. And Guild wars 2 is awesome, dont really need this broken mod anymore.

I, for one, haven't played in a long time, other than to come back and see whether the mod has been fixed. The reason I left is that the once tense, exhilarating and reward mod, where anyone could be an enemy or an ally, turned into one big deathmatch - where most people would shoot you on sight and the one's who didn't won't hang around you for fear that you'll shoot them in the back.

Then I came back for the current patch and found that every town that has dead bodies now makes my screen filled with artifacts when I look that way. Even if I wanted to play this deathmatch-with-a-10-minute-respawn (it essentially is, since it'll take you 10 min of crawling to get a weapon once you spawn), I couldn't because of these horrible graphical glitches.

First point is valid your second point is just you sucking at this game. Why crawl anywhere, zombies are beyond easy if you catch some agro crouch walking or running then go to a building and lose agro, no need to crawl around like an idiot looking for gear.

Ever heard the saying "bleeding like a stuck pig"? Well here it is...

GUILD WARS 2

Patch 1.7.2.5 sucks

Hackers

I'd say a combination of them.

I will play this game so much more if it ever comes out on console. My PC specs. suck so much penis that I can't even play on the lowest quality and get above 19 fps. Anyone wanna make a donation to my new PC? :)