boogiemanfl

Basically done with this game for now. Sadly, it's just a slow paced deathmatch.

Those threads get closed fast by the mods here (who are totally awesome at thier job btw' date=' moderating is the same as censoring apprantly). Only image macros and hostile "faggot" comments are permitted currently. What a community.[/quote']

Reported for being a total waste of skin.

You mad bro? I heard when you offered to become an admin you got turned down lol, and with the bar so low too....

P.S Your quite right for reporting me, we are after all living in a worldwide dictatorship where you’re not allowed to openly criticism someone if your think they’re doing their job poorly! [redacted - poster invoked Godwin's law]

I like how so many people think saying "no it hasn't" is a clear and logical point made against another person's claim.

I provided exactly as much support for my claim as you did for yours, Francis. One good turn deserves another, no?

If this game has devolved into CoD, why was my last survivor alive for 12 straight days and 50+ hours in game? When was the last time that happened in CoD, I ask?

If the game has devolved for you, it's only because you let it. If you want something else out of the game, go get it or quit bitching.

Game? What game are you playing?

I am playing an alpha test. Can you please tell me where to download this 'Game'?

P.s. your comment annoyed me so much I created an account to tell you this.

you're being so picky' date=' does word choice really matters? lol

[hr']

in second thought, i like the map size.

I think it would be better if places other than airfields, 3 cities are more worth exploring.

Probably more varied spawn points and more players per server

I understand that you want more cities or whatever.

Do you understand the provenance of the mod? I don't think so.

I'd like to be able to explore a whole continent with 10000 players on the same server, with full cities and fast food restaurants with working fryers.... But really, there's an engine, and a very small, volunteer dev/resources team.

People are getting ahead of this mod and expecting way too much. I can't imagine being encouraged by all of the entitlement and 'suggestions' on these boards.

The number of 'I'm leaving' threads (I did one myself!).

As TKJ said, if you don't like it now, then go play or do something else and check in periodically.

I agree that the game could be more difficult, and I'd like it to feel like a panic mode race to live even for a few minutes.... More threats and more dangers would be great. I elucidated such things in a previous post that was eaten in the board fiasco, and I don't really feel like throwing it all out there again....

In any case, yes, the environment should, in my estimation, be more challenging. Until then, I am having fun with it, and I don't play it like a typical FPS. There are ways not to.

I didn't say i expect the dev to fix like that i just said that it would be BETTER.I know the limit of this engine and i don't want a new city called a chelektro to pop out. I'm just hoping for a new game mechanic to make small towns to be more crucial as the big cities.

Those threads get closed fast by the mods here (who are totally awesome at thier job btw' date=' moderating is the same as censoring apprantly). Only image macros and hostile "faggot" comments are permitted currently. What a community.

[/quote']

Maybe you should report the hostile ones instead of only whining about them and perpetuating the problem.

Sure, give me the contact information for whoever moderates the moderators please. The tooltip for the "Report" button reads "Report this post to a Moderator". However since my report involves a moderator I cant be 100% sure it wont be compromised or buried.

Be sure to check back when this game has become beta or full game. I'm sure this game will change very much in next six months

I didn't say i expect the dev to fix like that i just said that it would be BETTER.I know the limit of this engine and i don't want a new city called a chelektro to pop out. I'm just hoping for a new game mechanic to make small towns to be more crucial as the big cities.

That dilutes the population. The "big cities" are supposed to be more important. They are supposed to attract more players and be the sight of more encounters and more action. This creates a balanced dynanic between low risk/low reward towns and high risk/high reward large cities.

The game would no doubt benefit from a smaller map

To be more clear' date=' such colossal maps and long travel times doesn't mesh very well with such high player casualty rates and death penalties.

[/quote']

u kidding me, I bought arma 2 just so I could play a large sandbox mod with perma death.

I dont want this game dumbed down, or made easier for the people that died after they survived for a month.

I say continue to make the game more sandbox. The maps big enough, Just needs more content for the players that have done everything.

I agree with a few of the points in the original post, maybe have zombie bosses that have better loot. Bosses that cannot be solo'd and would require 2-4 people to take down. So theres a bit more teaming up. Or a party system, so players that are in the same party cannot tk eachother. although this wouldnt be easy to implement.

I like how so many people think saying "no it hasn't" is a clear and logical point made against another person's claim.

I provided exactly as much support for my claim as you did for yours' date=' Francis. One good turn deserves another, no?

If this game has devolved into CoD, why was my last survivor alive for 12 straight days and 50+ hours in game? When was the last time that happened in CoD, I ask?

If the game has devolved for you, it's only because you let it. If you want something else out of the game, go get it or quit bitching.

[/quote']

I clearly pointed out that the sole emphasis being purely deathmatch combined with the size of the map just doesn't work out that well, in my opinion.

I lived for 4 or 5 days at the NW airfield without leaving and defeated multiple attackers at once. I ran 3 guys traveling together out of Stary Sobor, by myself. Who cares? That's when I got killed by the invincible zombie. The success of one person or another means nothing to no one but himself.

I didn't let the game do anything. It's designed to encourage mindless deathmatchers and punish anyone who isn't exactly that. There are always less common occurances in between the extremes but on the whole they mean less, do to being, you know - less common.

And I'm discussing. Because you don't agree with me doesn't mean I'm bitching.

I am not quite getting the point of your post' date=' so I'm going to take a shot in the dark.

These things only mean something if you've ran across them or even been one of the few servers where such things happen. I've never seen them and I've played on a bunch of server. So what if 5% of the player population aren't homicidal maniacs? What about the other 95%?

[/quote']

I think the main edge was I hate people that moan the DM excuse, but there is a point also. Maybe it's not realistic that people go all homicidal in post-apocalyptia - we'll never know until that day comes. This game opens whole different routes of roleplaying potential, let alone general teamwork or lone-wolf play-style.

Granted, the things I've listed aren't all that frequent yet, as I've only noticed their incursion in the past, say, 3 weeks. But if, in your mind, you're convinced that everyone is homicidal and will shoot on sight, you have two options.

a) You can accept that this is part of the game, and adapt your playing style as such. I, personally, work alongside a great bunch of lads, because if you're armed to the teeth with 6 other dudes behind you, most people will weigh up their options before unloading a Makarov round.

b) If the DM aspect has annoyed you that much that you've created a thread saying your 'done with this game' - then stop posting and be done with it all ready?

It's easy to be a troll' date=' but it's apparently hard to think of something that has any constructive or intelligent qualities to it, no matter how slight.

May I ask what sort of experience were you expecting to get from this mod?

Probably what virtually everyone thinks of when they read about it. A free for all zombie survival game. Not a deathmatch game that has zombies on the side.

The game would no doubt benefit from a smaller map designed specifically for it as the base game and maps were designed for something completely different and will be held back by the same thing that holds Arma back, being appealing to a small portion of the gamer community in general do the general user unfriendliness of the interface/controls and such large time requirements.

To be more clear, such colossal maps and long travel times doesn't mesh very well with such high player casualty rates and death penalties.

But that's kinda the point. The humans are more dangerous because they could be friendly hut more likely they are either batshit nuts or pure survivors that aren't willing to risk it. That's how the game was intended, or at least how I thought it was. The zombies are a fact of life in DayZ but the humans are so unpredictable as to make them frightening.

Check any apocalypse movie and you will see this theme. Mad Max is a prime example, a few cool people and the rest fight for resources/Domininance. Seems to be working just fine and if that is not the kind of game you want that is fine but don't say the game is broken because you don't care for it. That's more of a you thing.

That dilutes the population. The "big cities" are supposed to be more important. They are supposed to attract more players and be the sight of more encounters and more action. This creates a balanced dynanic between low risk/low reward towns and high risk/high reward large cities.

currently small towns inland are just acting as a supply to keep up to NW. Since the vehicles came in the small villages became a little more populated than before, but srsly do u really go exploring villages?

the sad thing is, the guy raises good points, and he is just being branded a crybaby..

ill not be stopping, but it is frustrating when anyone who sees you will now shoot first, as opposed to before when a % would try and befriend you! now its kill or be killed.. when it doesnt have to be.

To the original poster, consider adding this video to your first post, it makes your point to people to the people who are too lazy to read anything that has more than a full paragragh. Lazy people love Youtube.

What's the point of these threads? You are one player - out of thousands, quitting a _free_ game - that has servers being provided at no cost to you.

You may not like something in the game - but are you paying for it? No. This is Rocket's experiment, not yours, or mine - or anyone else's. The way I see it, he can do what he wants, and he shouldn't have to worry about what a single player wants - a single player who has not contributed anything to the community.

Those threads get closed fast by the mods here (who are totally awesome at thier job btw' date=' moderating is the same as censoring apprantly). Only image macros and hostile "faggot" comments are permitted currently. What a community.[/quote']

You mad bro? I heard when you offered to become an admin you got turned down lol, and with the bar so low too....

P.S Your quite right for reporting me, we are after all living in a worldwide dictatorship where you’re not allowed to openly criticism someone if your think they’re doing their job poorly! Heil Hitler!

No. You're only allowed to openly criticize when you are participating in a rational and respectful manner. But you wanted to be a martyr and show everyone the system is wrong because the forum posters and mods are out to get you. You're looking for vindication in your fears and you'll engineer any open flame war to make sure that your goal is accomplished.

You can have open discussion about the short-comings of the game but it is difficult. Part of that success lies presenting your case in a fair and logical manner and not getting bent-out-of-shape with the more aggressive zealots and trolls.

But you're not doing that. You're just reveling in this open flame war that you have no interest in actually discussing. That's why I'm giving EVERYONE a warning to get back on topic before the thread gets closed. There will be no regrets or thoughtful ruminations about the supposedly censorship of ideas of Yammazul.

We're here to keep the peace not be sycophantic.

I am not quite getting the point of your post' date=' so I'm going to take a shot in the dark.

These things only mean something if you've ran across them or even been one of the few servers where such things happen. I've never seen them and I've played on a bunch of server. So what if 5% of the player population aren't homicidal maniacs? What about the other 95%?

[/quote']

I think the main edge was I hate people that moan the DM excuse, but there is a point also. Maybe it's not realistic that people go all homicidal in post-apocalyptia - we'll never know until that day comes. This game opens whole different routes of roleplaying potential, let alone general teamwork or lone-wolf play-style.

Granted, the things I've listed aren't all that frequent yet, as I've only noticed their incursion in the past, say, 3 weeks. But if, in your mind, you're convinced that everyone is homicidal and will shoot on sight, you have two options.

a) You can accept that this is part of the game, and adapt your playing style as such. I, personally, work alongside a great bunch of lads, because if you're armed to the teeth with 6 other dudes behind you, most people will weigh up their options before unloading a Makarov round.

b) If the DM aspect has annoyed you that much that you've created a thread saying your 'done with this game' - then stop posting and be done with it all ready?

In response to B:

A lot of people don't come and offer any suggestions or insight on game forums - which can be valuable into the minds of your fans when you're the designer - because they get mobbed by morons who are incapable of intelligent discussion and they don't want to deal with it.

Since the game is in an alpha state, one would think insights and opinions would be valued or at least appreciated. It's unfortunate that the slavering animals that pounce on anyone who doesn't think exactly the same as them can in turn hurt the very thing they are defending by doing so in an improper way.

P.S Your quite right for reporting me, we are after all living in a worldwide dictatorship where you’re not allowed to openly criticism someone if your think they’re doing their job poorly! Heil Hitler!

No. You're only allowed to openly criticize when you are participating in a rational and respectful manner. But you wanted to be a martyr and show everyone the system is wrong because the forum posters and mods are out to get you. You're looking for vindication in your fears and you'll engineer any open flame war to make sure that your goal is accomplished.

You can have open discussion about the short-comings of the game but it is difficult. Part of that success lies presenting your case in a fair and logical manner and not getting bent-out-of-shape with the more aggressive zealots and trolls.

But you're not doing that. You're just reveling in this open flame war that you have no interest in actually discussing. That's why I'm giving EVERYONE a warning to get back on topic before the thread gets closed. There will be no regrets or thoughtful ruminations about the supposedly censorship of ideas of Yammazul.

We're here to keep the peace not be sycophantic.

RETORTED

yep...just like real life i don't understand the point in having all these types of guns when all of them kill you in 1-3 shots....its just asinine...

There NEEDS to be some sort of bullet proof vest or something i mean there is no defense items only guns...ironic that your character has a bullet proof vest on yet it don't do shit.

Funny how you clearly dont know anything about the game, the bullet-resistant vest that the character wears DOES work, its not just there for the looks. Fact is that "bullet-proof" vests are not magic barriers.

You mad bro? I heard when you offered to become an admin you got turned down lol' date=' and with the bar so low too...[/quote']

I'm not certain where you got that idea, but I never applied for an Admin position. I have been recommended by several community members, yes, however I do not presently aspire to become one of the Forum Moderators. I do, however, reserve the right to out asshats such as yourself, whenever it is required.

P.S Your quite right for reporting me' date=' we are after all living in a worldwide dictatorship where you’re not allowed to openly criticism someone if your think they’re doing their job poorly![/quote']

I edited the last portion of your last outburst. The reason I reported your post is because of the words you choose to use, just like the ones I had to edit in this post. I, for one, believe that you should be banned for using such language and attitude on a public forum.

You are not bringing anything constructive to the table, and the community would be better served without the hate speech.

What's the point of these threads? You are one player - out of thousands' date=' quitting a _free_ game - that has servers being provided at no cost to you.

You may not like something in the game - but are you paying for it? No. This is Rocket's experiment, not yours, or mine - or anyone else's. The way I see it, he can do what he wants, and he shouldn't have to worry about what a single player wants - a single player who has not contributed anything to the community.

[/quote']

Thats just a (censored) statement tbh, yes it started out as a free mod provided to Arma 2 players, this is true. The fact is that today 90% of the Day Z players purchased Arma 2: Combined Ops for the sole purpose of playing Day Z. If you cant recognise that then your an (censored). People have the right to feel buyers remorse if they feel the product was misrepresented.

yep...just like real life i don't understand the point in having all these types of guns when all of them kill you in 1-3 shots....its just asinine...

There NEEDS to be some sort of bullet proof vest or something i mean there is no defense items only guns...ironic that your character has a bullet proof vest on yet it don't do shit.

Funny how you clearly dont know anything about the game' date=' the bullet-resistant vest that the character wears DOES work, its not just there for the looks. Fact is that "bullet-proof" vests are not magic barriers.

[/quote']

I thought it was purely cosmetic too. When I have died to another player it's always been basically instantaneous. Usually one, but occasionally 2 shots. I didn't think all of those times were always headshots, since many of them had lighting/weather handicaps or very little aiming time possible.

That's my luck though.

Simply put' date=' some one who is dying "in 2 seconds" isn't qualified to comment on the gameplay. You obviously have no clue what you're doing.

Dont worry bro, community will be dead in 3 months tops, theyre just waiting on the new CODBLOPS2 to come out and eventually a better qaulified studio will take the sandbox zombie idea and run with it, probably do a much better job too.

The Dead Linger might be decent (the team is pretty green though, hopefully they aren't a bunch of wannabe hacks).

I definitely think there are 3 additions that would really make the game.

1. Roaming zombie hordes. Players shouldn't know where all the zombies will be. Right now we can pick and choose when we want to deal with zombies. What if the sniper in the trees stops to think that a horde of 100 zombies may be in the forest north of him? Or exchanging shots with an enemy group only to notice dozens of zombies spilling out of the trees. Next shot aggro's gentlemen.

2. Cooperative objectives. The best example I've seen yet is having a power plant building feed power to an ammo factory buildling. Each building is held by a different group and they're now forced to negotiate if either group wants the ammo.

3. Friend/Black Lists. You should be able to "recognize" your best friend from a complete stranger. But in DayZ if a player is 10 feet away from you, you have NO idea if he's your buddy or not. Usually you ask your buddy in an external VOIP to prone, and check that the in-game player prones. If you don't have the friend in VOIP there is no solution but to give away your position. It's idiotic.

You should be able to add a teammate to your friend list so if he mouses over you, your tags pop up (should probably add a caveat option where you give your friend tags on mouse-over so long as he too adds you to his friend list and gives you tags on mouse-over). He "recognizes" that it's you. The blacklist would not use tags on mouse-over (as it's game breaking for anyone but your friends to see your tags on mouse-over), but instead colors the username in direct chat/voice (bottom left). Red = a player you've marked as bandit/unfriendly. Orange = a player your friend has marked unfriendly. Yellow = marked unfriendly by a friend of a friend. You could see an actual social fabric develop this way.

While this kind of stuff really is needed (and I could think of a few minor changes as well), I don't think the OP's complaints regarding PvP have any merit what so ever. There is a steep learning curve, but it's no one's fault but your own if you're dying in two seconds. Because it wasn't two seconds; the other player was probably lining up for that shot for many minutes. And the OP was oblivious to it. The "fight" was going on for 10+ minutes.

What's the point of these threads? You are one player - out of thousands' date=' quitting a _free_ game - that has servers being provided at no cost to you.

[/quote']

Thats just a dumb statement tbh, yes it started out as a free mod provided to Arma 2 players, this is true. The fact is that today 90% of the Day Z players purchased Arma 2: Combined Ops for the sole purpose of playing Day Z. If you cant recognise that then your an idiot. People have the right to feel buyers remorse if they feel the product was misrepresented.

But it wasn't. I mean, the first video I ever saw was two guys holding up some new player using direct chat. The players are the threat and the zombies are white noise. That is exactly what I expected and that is what the game delivered. I really don't know why people were expecting something else.

I agree with the OP. I have done the survival thing (9 days was my longest before a bug got me) but its hollow, there is no aim other than scavenging the same loot over and over again. I have taken part in large Stary and airfield raids but these suffer from the same basic problem. I have tired solo runs in Cherno and Elektro but these have become killing fields. When I first started playing this mod people were willing to help, now there are bodies everywhere and literally every single person I have seen has shot me so I am forced to respond in kind.

There really needs to be some sort of reputation system or something to remove the need for the near universal shoot on sight policy and there needs to be some sort of 'end game' beyond foraging for beans. The concept is great and this game has the potential to be a true classic but as it is simply too easy to be PKed and there is no real reason to keep playing once you have become fully equipped. I am not 'whining' about the PvP, afterall that is central to the appeal of this mod; what I dislike is that PvP has become ubiquitous and that all to often it takes little skill other than 'camp'.

I am aware that this is an alpha (this is something that is said so often it is becoming a cliche) but that means that there is still plenty of time to find the right balance. As it is that balance is off.

I'm not giving up on it but it has lost its lustre in its present form.

Additionally this is a game, on the internet; it mirrors what would happen in a 'real' zombie apocalypse about as well as a forum mirrors real conversation. In other words not at all.