cash4gold

Treasure Island - New Lingor server - max vehicle spawns

Yeah, great server Cash, had no issues at all for me so far and will be my go to server of choice for the foreseeable future.

Beans and such like.

Actually it's not, but thanks for the tip.

How so? You can set the number to pretty much whatever you want to and add spawn location and vehicle type to the database. That's why a lot of servers put like "140+ vehicles" or such in their server name.

How so? You can set the number to pretty much whatever you want to and add spawn location and vehicle type to the database. That's why a lot of servers put like "140+ vehicles" or such in their server name.

Because we are part of a whitelisted Vilayer Hive, not a hacked stand alone renegade box, and abide by the rules. Max limit set to 30. Most defaults to 15, which is half that.

Edited by cash4gold
  • Like 1

I think using a fully private hive is the best route to take currently, since it means all hacked gear has to be spawned in on your server in addition to preventing server hoppers/ghosters and making people more inclined set it as their home server.

P.S. you can also have vehicle spawns as you see fit

• Like 1

I think using a fully private hive is the best route to take currently, since it means all hacked gear has to be spawned in on your server in addition to preventing server hoppers/ghosters and making people more inclined set it as their home server.

P.S. you can also have vehicle spawns as you see fit

I disagree... hence the use of Vilayer Hive.

I like the concept of the Hive for multiple reasons, first and foremost, players being able to save and carry over their stuff from server to server.

Treasure Island has been online for about a week or so, and already we've had over 400 players join in. Quite often it hits the max capacity of 40 players at a time. I like that players, when the server is full, still has the option to hop in another server and play until a spot opens up on Treasure Island for them.

As far as vehicles go, I think having it maxed out at 30 is plenty for Lingor Island. The other day, my crew was rolling with a couple vehicles and ran into another crew that had a UAZ, a Bus, a Tractor, and a very large truck. While chasing each others convoys, a Heli flew over head and blew up our car. It was quite intense, and demonstrated that there are plenty of vehicles to go around.

Server currently down due to a hack attack. Staying offline until I sort this out probably until tomorrow. Logs flooded with garbage.

Server currently down due to a hack attack. Staying offline until I sort this out probably until tomorrow. Logs flooded with garbage.

lol sounds like you are having the same problem I had today with mine.

Someone rolled in tele'd to me as soon as I logged into my server and killed me. A few minutes later another fellow logged into my server, tele'd all vehicles to him, tele'd all players to him, but 100m+ up in the sky and then he logs out while everyone falls to their death. damage done. I spoke to vilayer and they are not going to allow passwords for awhile. Instead I was told I should ban EVERYONE who I don't know when they log into my server to prevent these issues as a work around to the no passwording. Kind of funny in a sad sort of way. I had someone get on my server today with a few hacked items (itemRadio and a hacked gun in particular) in the .rpt read from the hive and yet they never showed anywhere in my logs with their guid so I have nothing to ban. If I had been able to catch them while they were still on the server I might have been able to get them with rcon, but.... w/o just outta luck.

Hope you are now seeing why adminning gets frustrating even for those of us with the best of intentions.

I left mine up until vilayer pulls it down. I requested a refund since they cant seem to be willing to admit they are creating the problematic environment that caused many ppl to leave the public hive. They said they would prorate me but they still haven't pulled the server down or gotten me that refund. Still waiting to see if they are going to suddenly change their tune. As long as they have all those servers hived together they are just public hive v2.0

Edited by bodha

Yeah, we had two admins on at the time, myself included. Guy was teleporting himself around to where people had vehicles and camps, ours included. He was also invincible. Not cool.

The usual log checks were not helping this time. Nothing hinting at hacks in any of the logs except public variable... which is usually clean but for suddenly filled up to 1.8MB of garbage out of nowehere, making it impossible to differentiate legit data from hacks.

Might even be the same guy, just server hopping on VIlayer Hive.

well that sucks. Tools for finding/preventing hackers are crappy, the hackers know it, admins know it, devs know it, hosting service knows it, and the rapidly diminishing player base knows it too. Admins are the only one paying for this game right now and we get all the abuse for trying to do the right thing.

Whats really needed:

1. Passworded servers. Need to strictly firewall them from non passworded servers in some manner.

2. Ghosting prevention, last server being the only one you can spawn into at saved location, otherwise back to the beach you go. That one thing would substantially cut down on issues.

3. Hive database checks for hacked equipment, repeat offenders should get warning email, temp ban, and then a perma ban. Seriously amazes me how I keep finding ppl with itemRadio logging into my server.

4. A seriously beefed up rcon toolset.

5. Vehicle should only move at player request if they are the current driver. IE teleporting them should be locked away. At very least this should be logged when it happens.

6. Server admins should have a method for removing griefer barbwire. Every admin knows what Im talking about if they've run a server for awhile.

7. Player location changes should be logged if they cross a threshold from the last known location. Right now most of the teleporting doesnt show in the logs.

8. Newly created backpacks when they enter the log file should show whats in them. Would make it much easier to identify the ppl who are summoning in backpacks with full kit inside of them.

Without those things I think all us admins are just being played for fools at this point. Rockit would be well served to address the hacking problem b4 ppl are fully soured with his game. At the very least he needs to say hey, I'm working on it and in the meantime admins are free to fight it however they see fit.

Because we are part of a whitelisted Vilayer Hive, not a hacked stand alone renegade box, and abide by the rules. Max limit set to 30. Most defaults to 15, which is half that.

Not sure what you mean by 'hacked renegade' as Vilayer just uses Bliss and gives them zero credit and acts like they wrote it themselves. If you ever decide to drop Vilayer you should check out KK's Admin Tools, you will get an admin map and you can easily track illegal items and who the person is that's teleporting around.

1. There were 2 of us in the building

2. You didnt look like you were leaving, instead u crouched behind the car wreck and then she moved around the building

3. I toss the grenade from the roof, while he was firing from inside

4. When you are using global voice to scream out your frustration that is what got you banned, nothing else.

5. You failed to mention you combat logged btw.

1. I tracked you for a good 5 minutes. You were alone.

2. I don't even know what you're talking about there, but ok. I asked if you were friendly, while we were BOTH in the open, and you said "Go away." You looked STRAIGHT at us. You ran around the corner, gf got spooked, she shot you 1 time out of fear. Next thing we know you're shooting at her after she said sorry and offered you help.

3. You did NOT go to the roof you moron, you can't be in 2 places at once. You started shooting my girlfriend on the bottom floor of the school building. That's exactly where I killed you. Nice try.

4. I admitted that I cursed in global chat, you deserved it.

5. I didn't combat log you idiot. My girlfriend was giving me a bloodbag right outside of the school building after I had emptied a clip of AK into you, next thing I know she gets kicked. She sits right next to me while we play. I read the message on her screen. Get real. That's when I started cussing, right before I got banned. Given what had happened in the, what, 1 minute and 30 second time frame? I didn't even have time to log. My computer is fast but it isn't that fast. It would have taken well over another 2 minutes to get back into the server. And I didn't leave it until I got banned. Whatever you think you read or saw is completely wrong. Get your facts straight.

Edited by Effectiv

well that sucks. Tools for finding/preventing hackers are crappy, the hackers know it, admins know it, devs know it, hosting service knows it, and the rapidly diminishing player base knows it too. Admins are the only one paying for this game right now and we get all the abuse for trying to do the right thing.

Whats really needed:

1. Passworded servers. Need to strictly firewall them from non passworded servers in some manner.

2. Ghosting prevention, last server being the only one you can spawn into at saved location, otherwise back to the beach you go. That one thing would substantially cut down on issues.

3. Hive database checks for hacked equipment, repeat offenders should get warning email, temp ban, and then a perma ban. Seriously amazes me how I keep finding ppl with itemRadio logging into my server.

4. A seriously beefed up rcon toolset.

5. Vehicle should only move at player request if they are the current driver. IE teleporting them should be locked away. At very least this should be logged when it happens.

6. Server admins should have a method for removing griefer barbwire. Every admin knows what Im talking about if they've run a server for awhile.

7. Player location changes should be logged if they cross a threshold from the last known location. Right now most of the teleporting doesnt show in the logs.

8. Newly created backpacks when they enter the log file should show whats in them. Would make it much easier to identify the ppl who are summoning in backpacks with full kit inside of them.

Without those things I think all us admins are just being played for fools at this point. Rockit would be well served to address the hacking problem b4 ppl are fully soured with his game. At the very least he needs to say hey, I'm working on it and in the meantime admins are free to fight it however they see fit.

hey dumbass, the radio cant be found legit. learn about items before you start shouting about perma bans. idiot...

hey dumbass, the radio cant be found legit. learn about items before you start shouting about perma bans. idiot...

umm... what?

Server has been patched to latest Vilayer code. *HOPEFULLY* it will resolve the issue people have been experiencing where they spawn with nothing on coast that seems to be happening very commonly on all Vilayer servers for the past few weeks.

I was just on the server. A player named Solar was on and was hacking. He would teleport to player locations and shoot them with an AS50 (he had terrible aim), and a few times he teleported most of the players on the server into one location up in the air. Could you look into the logs and ban him please? He really ruined the game tonight.

I was just on the server. A player named Solar was on and was hacking. He would teleport to player locations and shoot them with an AS50 (he had terrible aim), and a few times he teleported most of the players on the server into one location up in the air. Could you look into the logs and ban him please? He really ruined the game tonight.

I actually caught his actions in the logs and banned him before seeing this post, but sadly, he had already messed up a lot of peoples games and left the server.

His IP and GUID has been added to the ban list.

• Like 1

Hi cash4gold, me and a couple of player wondering when will you organize your server? Hacker hit it and several building and tent are blowed up and Vehicule are hard to find(probably spawned somewhere)

pershap by reseting it will help to clean the mess up

if i read you, it says that you reset every 8 hours but its almost 3 to 4 days

i know that if i'm not happy i can go somewhere else to play but this is only a friendly reminder to solve this, as community will flee your server...

if i can suggest you something, ask to a partner to have right to get admin power to solve this. to have a better presence to avoid that and get a better experience of the game on your server

thanks for your concern in this little matter here :)