Sign in to follow this  
Mahiril1

Hello

Hey everyone. Im a new player (waiting for my slow internet to finish downloading arma 2 :P ) Any tips on surviving? any terms i should know?

• Like 1

have a look at my signature and see if its something for you :)

have a look at my signature and see if its something for you :)

Stop SPAMMING the Forums with your "have a look at my signature and see if its something for you" and such like.

Edited by Boneboys
  • Like 2

I run a thread where I post my experiences day-to-day, so I'll give you some advice directly from it that I know will be an eventuality for you:

Part 3- Re-do....

So my last 2 lives weren't the best. I KNEW this one would be better.

I spawn in to see a zed running toward me like I'm a bucket of endless chicken from KFC. Questioning if KFC exists in Chernarus, I run over to a railway bridge and attempt to lose the zed. I ended up getting a fracture.

I was going to let the zed eat my brains. I saw him running. He got closer. He was a yard away. And then something inside myself told me not to give up. So I went on.

I made it into a large industrial town. I will just say that by the end of the night in less than 2 hours, I had a toolbox, winchester with lots of ammo, a G17, toolbox, map, compass, watch, hunting knife, and plenty of food and water.

From not giving up, I made some of the best loot that I had ever gotten. Advice: value your life, and don't give up just because you're frustrated of the circumstance. Keep on going, because you never know just what you'll find and just what you'll amount to be. Now, I start to work on one of my first DayZ aspirations to ever surface. Repair and drive a car. And I'm in the perfect place to do it.

All this is about not giving up just because things look bad or you're disappointed from dying and losing gear. It might mean more to you if you look on the thread and see how I died those 2 times and what led up to it, but you don't have to, and in all honesty, it might not. So there you go, my advice to a new player. If you want more, take a peek at my thread, because that's what it's all about.

If a zombie spots you run away in the crouch position, it won't be able to catch you and you won't attract as much attention as if you sprint away.

Also don't shoot on sight, it won't make you safe it will just make you a dick.

Welcome to dayz, Mahiril. First, good luck with installing the game, that's often the first challenge. Second, be prepared to die a lot at first. It doesn't mean you're doing anything wrong, it means you're doing it - and that's great. :thumbsup: When you first spawn in dayz you don't have a weapon and you're going to need to find food and water too. It gets easier as you practice. The frustration can drive you nuts but you soon look forward to getting in there and finding what you need. :)

Awesome thankyou guys. Now that ive spent some time (too much tim probably :) ) playing, ive started getting the hang of things. all the advice is greatly apreciated.