raman599

Vehicles WONT SAVE!

I've found 3 cars and 2 buses this week and NONE HAVE SAVED! PLEASE HOW DO YOU SAVE CARS FROM SERVER RESET!??? I CLICK SAVE BUS AND CAR 50 TIMES BEFORE LOG OUT! Please someone tell me. I'm really really mad right now.

Convince the development team to fix it, otherwise, there's no point in using vehicles for more than temporary services.

Mm. I've lost a van, bus, helicopter (twice,) offroad pickup, atv, motorcycle, and GAZ to this same bug.

It is broken on some (most) servers, and you just have to be lucky enough to get a vehicle on a server where they actually save.

On a different note, I lost a PBX because the server that had the PBX shut down. :(

Edited by Ujinty

1.7.2.5 servers almost never save on restart.

Revert back to .4 if you want vehicles to save, and play on .4 servers.

On our server the recent server update fixed that problem. We have tested it multiple times and vehicles and tents are now saving. The server's your are probably playing on probably haven't been updated.

On our server the recent server update fixed that problem. We have tested it multiple times and vehicles and tents are now saving. The server's your are probably playing on probably haven't been updated.

What server side update would that be?

Vehicles (and for the most part tents as well) are working perfectly on my 1.7.2.4 server. Why everyone updated their servers to the 1.7.2.5 hotfix (which broke vehicles and did not fix the intended graphics problem for most people) is beyond me. Only 9% of servers are running 1.7.2.4, yet it is far more stable than 1.7.2.5. Makes no sense at all...

Edited by SystemiK
  • Like 2

Vehicles (and for the most part tents as well) are working perfectly on my 1.7.2.4 server. Why everyone updated their servers to the 1.7.2.5 hotfix (which broke vehicles and did not fix the intended graphics problem for most people) is beyond me. Only 9% of servers are running 1.7.2.4, yet it is far more stable than 1.7.2.5. Makes no sense at all...

THIS. SO MUCH THIS. :beans:

Give up trying to save till the next patch. It'll save you a lot of frustration.

Does it have to be the DayZ version that has messed up the tent and vehicle saves? Could it be the ARMA version? I only ask because my DayZcommander has a new ARMA update for me: 96493/95.

Does it have to be the DayZ version that has messed up the tent and vehicle saves? Could it be the ARMA version? I only ask because my DayZcommander has a new ARMA update for me: 96493/95.

Personally, I'd wait a bit on that update. According to DayZ Commander only 6% of servers are running 93/95 so why jump the gun? wait and see what (if any) problems arise.

As far as the cause of the tent /vehicle saving issue, it started immediately with 1.7.2.5 so most people are attributing that particular dayz release as the cause. What you suggest is possible though.

Edited by SystemiK

What update man? The only update i'm aware of is a new beta patch for Arma II OA, but the DayZ Version is still the 1.7.2.5 hot patch that fucked everything up.

What update did you apply?

Thx!

Personally, I'd wait a bit on that update. According to DayZ Commander only 6% of servers are running 93/95 so why jump the gun? wait and see what (if any) problems arise.

As far as the cause of the tent /vehicle saving issue, it started immediately with 1.7.2.5 so most people are attributing that particular dayz release as the cause. What you suggest is possible though.

Good call. If I revert back to the 1.7.2.4 version of DayZ, will I lose my character and all my stuff? If I'm supposed to lose it all, is it a bad sign that I didn't lose it all?

So you've found five vehicles this week?

Then find another one. You think Rocket's biggest concern is helping you hoard shit you won't use?

Good call. If I revert back to the 1.7.2.4 version of DayZ, will I lose my character and all my stuff? If I'm supposed to lose it all, is it a bad sign that I didn't lose it all?

It's a possibility. It didn't happen to me when I rolled my version back but there is no guarantee that it won't happen to you. Welcome to DayZ...

It's a possibility. It didn't happen to me when I rolled my version back but there is no guarantee that it won't happen to you. Welcome to DayZ...

Yeah, I reverted back to the old version and still have all my stuff and where I left off. Odd.

I've been playing a long while, just mostly a forum lurker really. Thanks though.

Nope.