Sign in to follow this  
RabidDiabetic

This...Game...

Words... Can't... Express

Pardon my emotion but omg this mod is everything I have been looking for. I have only been playing 1 day, and I spent most of that time dying but I am just in awe of this game. The depth of it is amazing. I've never played a game with this much of a psychological aspect and that's exactly what every other zombie game has been missing (and more on most you know what I mean.) I'm a huge zombie fan (I was watching 28 days later yesterday when my buddy texted me about this game) and this mod feels like it was made for people like me. I'm the nutjob who thinks about how well it would work on zombies when I buy guns. Basically this is just a post for praise. If the gentlemen who created this mod ever read this you have my deepest gratitude. 5hrs down, hundreds to go. See you all on z day.

• Like 9

Then the immersion is ruined as you parachute down to earth with 100 cows and 20 other survivors only to die on impact.

The end. Welcome to DayZ.

• Like 1

Then the immersion is ruined as you parachute down to earth with 100 cows and 20 other survivors only to die on impact.

The end. Welcome to DayZ.

I'm sure it will happen, I haven't been a hardcore gamer for half my life without learning how to shrug off hackers though. I was fortunate in my first spawn I was within running distance of a stack of boxes that were full of supplies so I guess I learned fast that guns and supplies can be replaced even if it takes time they are out there. So I won't sweat the occasional death to a hacker.

I'm sure it will happen, I haven't been a hardcore gamer for half my life without learning how to shrug off hackers though. I was fortunate in my first spawn I was within running distance of a stack of boxes that were full of supplies so I guess I learned fast that guns and supplies can be replaced even if it takes time they are out there. So I won't sweat the occasional death to a hacker.

I felt this way as well, so much so that I got my own server a week later. Then we got hacked into oblivion, our tents duped so much gear despite our efforts to destroy them and then my host "accidentally" deleted my server and we had to start all over with a new name so we now only pop upto about 10-15ppl and still get about 10-15 hackers a day.

If you love this game now, stop playing until rocket makes his stupid puppies bark right and releases his next patch cause right now the game is unplayable in a survival sense. If your just looking for an open world deathmatch with no need to survive then your set... or should go play arma2.

• Like 2

I was fortunate in my first spawn I was within running distance of a stack of boxes that were full of supplies so I guess I learned fast that guns and supplies can be replaced even if it takes time they are out there.

Haha, you've already had your first hacker experience then. Unless you somehow managed to spawn close to a hospital. There are no boxes full of supplies, except for those found at hospitals and crashed helicopters which only provides you with blood bags, painkillers, bandages, morphine and/or epi-pens.

Edited by aHzdaNny

So I won't sweat the occasional death to a hacker.

LOL easy for you to say. you'll soon know that shuging of hackers wont be so easy in dayz, example group of my friends and I found a UAV its just a freaking mess all 4 wheels are gone engine red, hull red, no fuel, etc, spit up go into different towns cities for car parts and after 5 hours of looking looting, killing a few bandits on the way, second we get to ride the vehicle we get teleportated to the sky.... Plus i had one of the best snipers in the game AS50 2 mags, and a M4A3 CCO in my pack, we were all well armed, but sometimes I want to die to restart. of course i wouldn't go into the airfield like a jackass i wouldn't go out of my way to get killed but its always fun to start fresh again :) oh and welcome to dayz

I shug off hackers all the time, its not like they win prize money or something. The game isn't competitive so starting over is a no problem and part of the fun, if we perhaps played a comp with money involved (like BF3 or CoD4) then yes, i would be pissed at hackers.

Anyway on my home server with 30-40+ people on as of late, i haven't seen a hacker for 3-4 weeks now.

I shug off hackers all the time, its not like they win prize money or something. The game isn't competitive so starting over is a no problem and part of the fun, if we perhaps played a comp with money involved (like BF3 or CoD4) then yes, i would be pissed at hackers.

Anyway on my home server with 30-40+ people on as of late, i haven't seen a hacker for 3-4 weeks now.

I feel like most people who replied missed the point you just made, maybe I stated it wrong. I really enjoy this game and earning the supplies and making/finding shelter IS the fun of the game. If I have the best stuff and a totally secure area, what then? I don't want to be so attached to a vehicle or weapon that it ruins my day if I die/get hacked. Earning the top stuff in a game like this IS the point. It's not like an MMO where I get the super gear so I can go kill bosses, getting the gear is my goal. Once I have it, time to recklessly explore until I die. Then it's time to earn my way back up. Hopefully knowing my outlook on the game you guys will be able to better understand how I don't think hackers will bother me that much.

Haha, you've already had your first hacker experience then. Unless you somehow managed to spawn close to a hospital. There are no boxes full of supplies, except for those found at hospitals and crashed helicopters which only provides you with blood bags, painkillers, bandages, morphine and/or epi-pens.

In that case my first hacker experience was the nicest damn hacker ever! lol

Words... Can't... Express

Pardon my emotion but omg this mod is everything I have been looking for. I have only been playing 1 day, and I spent most of that time dying but I am just in awe of this game. The depth of it is amazing. I've never played a game with this much of a psychological aspect and that's exactly what every other zombie game has been missing (and more on most you know what I mean.) I'm a huge zombie fan (I was watching 28 days later yesterday when my buddy texted me about this game) and this mod feels like it was made for people like me. I'm the nutjob who thinks about how well it would work on zombies when I buy guns. Basically this is just a post for praise. If the gentlemen who created this mod ever read this you have my deepest gratitude. 5hrs down, hundreds to go. See you all on z day.

Keep that attitude! Don't let a lot of carebears ruin the game for you.

Although the game has his bugs, glitches and you encounter a script kiddie or two, try to get the best of it. As soon as the next update is out let's hope that it will be even funnier than nowadays.

• Like 1

Yeah I felt this way too when i first started, now I'm months into the game and am just jaded and disappointed, hackers everywhere etc. I tend to only play Lingor now adays cause there is more action and loot is everywhere it makes it a bit more exciting and interesting. But there seems to be more hackers on private hives than the real thing. In my experience anyways.

I feel like most people who replied missed the point you just made, maybe I stated it wrong. I really enjoy this game and earning the supplies and making/finding shelter IS the fun of the game. If I have the best stuff and a totally secure area, what then? I don't want to be so attached to a vehicle or weapon that it ruins my day if I die/get hacked. Earning the top stuff in a game like this IS the point. It's not like an MMO where I get the super gear so I can go kill bosses, getting the gear is my goal. Once I have it, time to recklessly explore until I die. Then it's time to earn my way back up. Hopefully knowing my outlook on the game you guys will be able to better understand how I don't think hackers will bother me that much.

In that case my first hacker experience was the nicest damn hacker ever! lol

What many are trying to say, in so many words, is that the experience is amazing at first. But when you begin to really start grouping up with people and setting goals and running missions hackers will really fuck up your day. Its not about getting attached to items or vehicles, its more like the feeling of having more fun than you have ever had in a video game and your asshat brother/sister purposely pulls out the power cord to your Nintendo. Thats what hackers are like in this game and why they ruin everything you are currently experiencing for the first time and once you begin to delve deeper into this game and experience the great things that only come when you have spent enough time off the beach, you will feel the same as us.

Edited by jackcrow

What many are trying to say, in so many words, is that the experience is amazing at first. But when you begin to really start grouping up with people and setting goals and running missions hackers will really fuck up your day. Its not about getting attached to items or vehicles, its more like the feeling of having more fun than you have ever had in a video game and your asshat brother/sister purposely pulls out the power cord to your Nintendo. Thats what hackers are like in this game and why they ruin everything you are currently experiencing for the first time.

Yeah I'm starting to get it now. Although I kinda benefit because I started playing just before stand alone was announced so I'll use this time to learn and once the stand alone is here fingers crossed hacking gets a major fix.

The standalone is our savior and soon to be the darkest day for these script kiddie clowns who cant even manually update their client on patch day.