axelnito

What type of game was/is/should it be?

Rocket stated this is a survival sandbox, where they give us the tools to make out own fun. No playstyle should be punished or favored my design. Again all the player base will do is ruin this title. I'd honestly rather gouge my eyes out then watch yet another awesome game ruined by the stupid suggestions made by us. I plead with Rocket not to listen to us and just go forward with his vision. We (the players) are as big of a threat as EA/Activision ever could be.

@Pendragon

I am going to guess you read this thread (or at least the OP). Exactly what Rocket said he wanted to game to be is what I (and other people) are advocating. It just seems that the game isnt going in that direction, and its due to the fact that other elements of the survival experience are being left out of the testing phase (which is actually what an alphas stage should be) for other non important aspect (I read somewhere we might be getting dogs on the next release, but we have never dying flashlight and we can sprint like the gold olympian marathon runner.... really??).

I still hope that Rocket will stay true, to what he has said before and not just launch the standalone in a hurry thats all broken and something it shouldnt be just to cover marketshare before warz hits.

I want this game to go Rogue-like. I actually thought that's what they were going for when I saw the survival timer on the main page.

There should be so many hilarious things that can go wrong and mess up your character and possibly end your life in this game. Then the game will be more about survival than anything. Super rare loot, some sort of stamina/tiredness involved, getting sick and injured in many kinds of ways, etc. That timer on the front page would have real meaning.

Clearly, survival is not what this game has in mind. Heck, Minecraft is more of a survival game than DayZ. DayZ is just the saddest and slowest deathmatch game of all time. It kinda feels like the only thing that's keeping this game going, is the thought of ruining somebody else's game because people know how long it can take to get anywhere for a legit player; TrollZ. It's not even a decent deathmatch game. Most of the time it's just some guy killing some other guy who is either unaware of him or trying to get away from him.

Whatever they wind up doing with the game, I'd like them to take a couple of points very seriously: There aren't enough interesting places, and getting to the interesting places we have now takes too damn long. For the love of whatever, add more vehicles. I've reached a point in this game where running all the time feels like a bullshit waste of my time. When I get hold of a vehicle, it's like a different, funner version of DayZ. When I lose my vehicle? I get bored of the game again. A mere bicycle would be enough for me to enjoy the game again. FAILING THAT; more points of interest. As it is, I'm either in one of the handful of interesting places, or just running to one of them for 20+ minutes. My game has boiled down to: Airfields, Stary, Cherno, Elektro, Berez, and a couple of Factories The rest of the map may as well be a desert. If I'm on foot, I might check a couple of vehicle spawns on the way to a decent place, but it's usually a waste of time.

PS. It's funny how HUGE the map is, and yet, even with just 5-20 players, it feels so small because we all go to the same places.Heck I can bump into a stranger even if it's just the two of us playing. I wouldn't mind seeing the NorthWest Airfield nuked into mediocrity.

PSS. Honestly sometimes forget this is a zombie game. They may as well be invisible. I got quite the reminder that it's a zombie game when I accidentally lost a car wheel in the middle of a town. The zombie spawns were going crazy!

Edited by Taffer

If they were trying to convince us, why not make the pics focus? What's with all the blurry pics? What is this, Bigfoot?