MGreenwald

Military Cache

How hard would it be to implament a Supply Drop from a plane once a day on the servers. IM talking it dropping a box containing one random weapon from the ARMA list. A gun that doesnt spawn in dayz but it can be anything from a pistol to a RPG. It contains 3 clips/rockets. I mean if the military was based on this island, the military could be dumping supply drops to help the guys still alive on the ground.

The military was sent in to help the infection, but they mysteriously disappeared. Everyone is assumed dead.

Maybe. MAYBE.

But not until the duping problem is fixed.

"Oh look, a really rare supply drop containing a grenade launcher with three clips."

"Now all my friends can have one!"

• Like 2

Zombie apocalypse and they can still manage random supply drops...

Seems like a bad idea to me.

Now if we had transport plane crash sites that had vehicles to fix and drive...perhaps a tank or APC or something...that would be pretty cool.

Am I the only one who has seen the jets fly above Chernarus? You usually see them when you're messing around, aiming at the sky while saluting and looking retarded. Back to the planes, why won't they land at the NW airfield and evacuate us all? WHY ARE THEY JUST FLYING ABOVE US?!?

• Like 1

lol a tank or apc driving around... so only someone with the rocket launcher could hurt it..

Shoot the tires of an APC and it won't be able to go anywhere. Then you can wait them out to take it over for yourself. There are ways to disable tanks without the use of a rocket as well.

Tanks? Fuck no.

You need to implant small airplanes near barns, corn fields or such. In real life, farmers got small airplanes to watch their fields and so on. Some farmers just has it as a toy, you know. Or Rocket, you could implant something like.. GIVING YOURSELF A BLOOD TRANSFUSION.

Something along those lines would be great, Just a random weapon from the Arma Database.. Most of the weapons have damage along the same lines that are in Dayz so it wouldnt really matter much. I'd love to be running around with a G36 just because it looks bad ass... Or an AA12 :)

You need to implant small airplanes near barns, corn fields or such. In real life, farmers got small airplanes to watch their fields and so on. Some farmers just has it as a toy, you know.

I believe that the addition of crop dusters would be thoroughly awesome.

This is a cool idea and it may work when player cities are introduced, which will be the first expansion pack :D After the paid beta, soon!

I think it's already implemented. About a month ago I've found weapon crates in Electro with all kinds of gear. Then few days ago i've again found a military crate in the Firestation with shitloads of weapons. I took golden AK and as50 TWS from there.

Another option would be some sort of smoke granade that causes the drop to happen.. But the smoke can be seen from roughly 20km away and gives away the location...

I think it's already implemented. About a month ago I've found weapon crates in Electro with all kinds of gear. Then few days ago i've again found a military crate in the Firestation with shitloads of weapons. I took golden AK and as50 TWS from there.

Those are hacked in weapon crates...

It's not that far-fetched (I will kill the first person to make a pokemon referance out of that).

Think about it, if you (the player) washed up ashore on this god forsaken place, then there must be survivors, and if this place is where it all kicked off then surely the best way / place to learn about what is happening and therfore how best to counter-act it would be this place. And in the start the military would have attempted to quanretine the area, and when they got overrun there would surely be at least SOME survivors (most of the time it's HUNK.....) and nobody would know more about the infection than someone who fought it on the frontlines and experienced total failure but still survived. They would be very valuable and the military would very much like them back and would not be above air-drops and others things to try and get them back alive.