taffer

Tired of stuff disappearing. Recommend good server?

My favorite server went bye-bye and I'm having a crap time trying to find a new favorite. Normally I just get stuck on the loading screen for an eternity and have to quit the process to try another one. Some servers run like garbage.

We finally find a server we can all agree on. My friends and I have some fun playing like normal. You know, looting towns, killing zombies, placing tents here and there, collecting loot, finding/fixing vehicles. This goes on for days. Then we get lucky finding camps. So we take what we want and crush the tents, but the very next day our stuff will disappear. Our stuff being our own tents all around the server and our vehicles too. Each day we check again to see if a server restart puts things back to normal, but no it doesn't.

This has happened twice now with two different servers. The very same story. Tents in different places throughout the map. Vehicles hidden (as well as they can be anyway) here and there. Everything saves and works just great for days and days. Eventually, me and mine get lucky and find camps loaded with fantastic stuff. We take this stuff and crush the tents. The next day we get on to play, everything all over the server is gone.

Can somebody just help me stop being paranoid and tell me these really are just coincidences? It's not like we ruin an admin's fun and he has the power to reset everything right? It's just DayZ being stupid AFTER I collect a ton of great stuff right? This has happened twice now with two different servers; one of which actually went offline for a good while after we had our fun. Of course everything was gone when it came back.

I'm not just being full of myself here. I can consider the possibility that our stuff just happened to be stolen and crushed as well, but these are scattered in nicely hidden places all over the map. Heck, even other tents that we leave alone to check on disappear. So we've become paranoid about the servers because our stuff will save and work fine for days. It's when we find other people's nice stuff that things tard out. The very next day/server restart, everything will be gone.

Can somebody recommend a great server to play on? I'm on East Coast USA (GMT-5). I hear a lot about private hives and whatever. Can somebody point me in a good direction here? I'm starting to lose interest in the game.

Edited by Taffer

The only servers that save my tents are the ones I don't want to play on.

FML

I'd recommend you to a server that my clan just got. It's relatively new, and not too many people know about it. If you want, you could also join my my clan and just mess around with us in game. We're really relaxed and most just play to fuck around. Only prob is that most of them live in Australia, but I've managed to get together a few of us who live in the us. I'll PM you the server name and my steam name if you're interested. Just check to make sure you can join the server, fist, though. Just because someone else can join the server doesn't mean you can. XD

I'd recommend you to a server that my clan just got. It's relatively new, and not too many people know about it. If you want, you could also join my my clan and just mess around with us in game. We're really relaxed and most just play to fuck around. Only prob is that most of them live in Australia, but I've managed to get together a few of us who live in the us. I'll PM you the server name and my steam name if you're interested. Just check to make sure you can join the server, fist, though. Just because someone else can join the server doesn't mean you can. XD

Ready for a weird coincidence? That's one of the servers I've been playing on. Tents and vehicles disappearing one day, showing up again next. I guess I can't blame the servers, but rather dayz. Sounds like almost all of them are doing that. Heck just today, a tent of mine magically appeared (empty of course >:(). Last night it was gone. My other tents are still gone though.

Edited by Taffer

If you can't find a 1.7.2.5 server that saves vehicles/and or tents upon restart, revert back to .4 and play on .4 servers.