Sign in to follow this  
Muncywolverine

Was i justified in this?

46 members have voted

1. 1. Was this justified?

• Yep, good thing you shot the bastard.
    • No! He was defenseless!

Ello,

So i'm raiding the Balota Airstrip ATC tower when i hear footsteps. I had just found an AKM and a G17, pretty good haul. I peek down the stairs and see a guy looting a pile under the stairs. After a day of getting stomped by bandits, suvivors, invisible hackers again, and again, and again, i was in no mood to die again to a random asshole.

So i shout over direct communication "OUT, OUT, OUT." - No responce.

I should again "OUT, OUT OR YOUR GETTING SHOT"

At this point he starts up the stairs (where i'm positioned, gun ready). I make the decision and drop him right there. He was about 5 ft away from me (just out of hatchet range)

Was it justified? Maybe he was a noob and didn't understand... idk... He was either obliviously walking up the stairs and hadn't noticed me, or was charging me with his hatchet.

:/

Edited by Muncywolverine
  • Like 1

Added a poll, wanna see what people think. Not neccisarily about me but about that type of situation.

Whatever happened or didn't happen, the moment you pulled the trigger, you justified it yourself.

I waited a split second too long one day and ended up with about 2000 blood for hours and hours after being shot by a guy. I killed him in one hit, but he wounded me enough to lose 10000 blood. I didn't have matches to cook meat, nor anyone to give me a transfusion. If they don't talk, they are dead.

Yup, you were right. There were consequences had you not shot him, such as: You dying, loot competition (he could have something you want), you losing lots of blood, him stealing your stuff, etc.

You gave a warning, too. I'm usually paranoid when meeting someone and unless they shout, "Friendly! Friendly! Don't shoot!", and run, then I will probably shoot them...

I think you did the right thing. MAYBE there's a slight chance that he didn't understand you or speak english or his speakers/headphones weren't working. But more often than not if someone's not responding to me then I treat them as hostile.

I once ignored someone who i thought was a noob with a hatchet just running around a town killing zombies, I made it clear that I was friendly. He didn't say anything. Two minutes later, he axes me in the back while I'm looting something. I had some half-decent gear too.

You gave him fair warning and he ignored you, you were justified defending yourself. Most people don't even give a warning ;)

My stance is that my survival is more important to me than your survival. If I think smell trouble, then I'm killing every fucker in the room.

Of course you're justified :3

Soo many people never respond to Global Communication.. it's lame. Even when I just want to chat Globally

Eighteen votes yes and not a single vote no O.o!

You guys are some ruthless motherf*ckers lol.

there I gave you your no, but what would I know - I am a bandit ~

You gave him two warnings and killed in self defense. 100% of the time, if someone doesn't respond to me, they'll try to kill me later on. Completely justified, and have my beans to calm your nerves.

I am almost willing to bet you my can of beans that the ONE downvote was the guy who had the hatchet.

Edited by Othra

So you lied! >.>

I am a bandit after all

"Friendly"!!!!

Who the fuck cares? You made a choice. Get over yourself.

^ Axe wielding maniac, maybe? :P

^ Axe wielding maniac, maybe? :P

Seriously though. There have been 5.1 MILLION murders in this game since March. Can you imagine if everyone thought so much of their actions that they all made a poll about having shot someone?

@least his post was somewhat "new" unlike the 100's of I was killed by a hacker or BI sucks post.