Sign in to follow this  
Wortex834

Refill water when raining

I don't know if anyone suggested this earlier, but i think it would be cool if you could refill water bottles when raining. What do you think ?

• Like 1

Do you know how long it would take in real life?

---[Edit]---

Although if you also introduced an item: 'gauge system', I suppose you could leave the bottle somewhere (e.g. by your tent or fire) overnight or through a storm then collect it afterwards but it takes longer than you think it does to get enough water to quench your thirst!

---[Edit]---

Maybe you could even have two uses for tents, one as a storage facility and another as a gauge system where you'd grab the tarpaulin and make some sort of rain collection device, but just so you know, it would take way longer than you think to collect enough water :P

Edited by R3con

Well maybe it could lower your thirst just a little bit. If you are very thirsty just a little bit of water can help.

Next time it rains go outside and hold out and empty, uncapped water bottle. See how mant hours it takes befor it fills up.

• Like 2

I seriously doubt the OP meant literally holding the empty container up in the rain. If you had some kind of a capture device (waterproof blanket of some kind, large leaves, etc) you could set it up to capture a lot of rain and could fill a waterbottle type thing in 15-30 minutes in medium rain, and probably just a few minutes if heavy rain.

I think you should have to find a different object. Find a waterbottle? Cool. Find a "Water capture device" of some sort, awesome, now when it rains you can capture water. Maybe you have to set it up and leave it somewhere. But I seriously think this should be added in some capacity.

I gave you beans because this idea does make a lot of sense.. No matter how long it takes to acquire something.. if you need to survive.. you'll do any and all options.

I seriously doubt the OP meant literally holding the empty container up in the rain. If you had some kind of a capture device (waterproof blanket of some kind, large leaves, etc) you could set it up to capture a lot of rain and could fill a waterbottle type thing in 15-30 minutes in medium rain, and probably just a few minutes if heavy rain.

I think you should have to find a different object. Find a waterbottle? Cool. Find a "Water capture device" of some sort, awesome, now when it rains you can capture water. Maybe you have to set it up and leave it somewhere. But I seriously think this should be added in some capacity.

Well why didn't he specify that as it his suggestion..

Either way, Sigh.

I have attempted to catch rainwater in a saucepan once (IRL). A few hours of rain got me a few gulps and the saucepan was a handspan across. I think it this is probably an unrealistic suggestion to catch rainwater for drinking unless you had a permanent base with a specific catchment area. Maybe a water cachment area could be incorporated into the base design concept I have heard mentioned in a few interviews about the standalone game?

However being able to drink directly from a water source without having a canteen is something i do support. I managed to die of thirst once in DayZ while standing waist deep in a lake

Edited by agippo
  • Like 1