Sign in to follow this  
Nergalwaja

Becoming the very thing I hated

My two friends and myself have been playing DayZ nearly everyday since May when we first started the game. We made camp on a server and stuck to it for months, and in all that time we came across maybe 1 vehicle every 3 weeks or longer. We were discouraged of the thought of ever obtaining vehicles of our own, so resorted to simply running across the map everywhere. Over the past month, however, we decided to try different servers after discovering the clan who ran the server had hackers among them. We also discovered that they were hoarding a good deal of the vehicles on the map which explained the abscence despite our best efforts of finding one. We hated the fact that they had accumluated so many vehicles, leaving the rest of us to suffer running for kilometers on end. We swore we would never become what they were.

Now we've made camp on a new server, and through pretty much non stop playing the last couple days, have obtained the following:

A bus

motorcycle

UAZ Military

UAZ Civilian

Ural

Hatchback

Huey

A few hours ago we found a helicopter spawned next to the hospital in Cherno between the apartment complex. With just one of my friends, over the next hour and a half approximately we gathered the necessary supplies to repair it to flying condition, and made it back to camp. Looking down on all that we have accomplished, I realized that we have now become the capitalists that we hated from our previous home server, and I don't feel bad one damn bit. We worked hard, playing for hours on end, earning each vehicle that came our way, and we're not giving them up without a fight....or unless we get bored :P

Has anyone else felt similar?

Honestly?..

I usually dont give a rats ass about vehicles, Bicycles FTW, but thats about it...

The clan i'm currently in currently thinks vehicles are way more importen then fighting off a raiding squad/player,

I do not like Vehicles :P

• Like 2

The mod doesn't give you any objectives, so you have to make up some for yourself.

It's only natural to try and control the whole server, "beat the game", and for that you have to beat all the other groups. That means finding their camps and stealing their vehicles and making them yours.

Everyone is or would be a hoarder if they had a group. Except for the odd bicycle riding lone wolf.

Edited by Nucleqrwinter

Honestly?..

I usually dont give a rats ass about vehicles, Bicycles FTW, but thats about it...

The clan i'm currently in currently thinks vehicles are way more importen then fighting off a raiding squad/player,

I do not like Vehicles :P

I'm right there with you, it makes my day when I stumbled across a bicycle somewhere in the wasteland. I spend the next few hours just riding around enjoying the scenery :P. Unfortunately one of my two friends I play with is a pussy when it comes to firefights, and prefers to simply disconnect when being shot at. I'm usually the one that gets us killed because I like seeing a fight through to the end. He doesn't understand the concept of, "Cowards die many times before their death..."

It pays off for those who work hard. That how capitalism works, as you said.

None of this is capitalism, maybe you should look up the word before either of you come across as stupid. It is materialistic to want to hoard errythang for your ownselves though. That's what this game is for a lot of people though, your player is defined by what they own. That is, unless you give yourself a purpose, your purpose is to collect shit. Pretty much the same as life.

many people play this style of "endgame" without understanding that there really isn't any end game at all

vehicles just let you get around faster, the real endgame though is pvp, and no other game besides DayZ (only exception eve online) gets me this excited in pvp

• Like 1

I realized that we have now become the capitalists that we hated from our previous home server, and I don't feel bad one damn bit. We worked hard, playing for hours on end, earning each vehicle that came our way, and we're not giving them up without a fight....or unless we get bored :P

No, because I actually understand what the word "capitalist" means

*facepalm*

many people play this style of "endgame" without understanding that there really isn't any end game at all

vehicles just let you get around faster, the real endgame though is pvp, and no other game besides DayZ (only exception eve online) gets me this excited in pvp

Yes pvp is awesome in this game, you showld try eve online, pvp there is awesome aswell.

I hate hoarding so much that I don't bother with a tent and making a camp. My days on dayz are litterally roaming trying to survive the next bandit attack and I have had my character for about a good 8 hour life span which is pretty small but I survived 4 attacks from bandits lulz.

I usually hang out on the coast and help others but enjoy owning the asshole sniper that comes along.

There is nothing wrong with hoarding vehicles, people bitch about it because they'd like DayZ to be more like GTA.

there is no point in disconnecting... he will just lose his gear to a bug or something like it and miss the emotion of a duel.

yesterday i was killed in the nw airport after a gunfight where i killed 2 and died to the third simply cause i ran out of ANY bullets. he simply jump on me like super mario and shot me twice with a shotgun.

no way i would disconnect and miss the action(i even frapped this one)

way better than keep disconnecting and die someday to a bug or a hacker.

Edited by Mumaz

Capitalists? What's that supposed to mean?

My two friends and myself have been playing DayZ nearly everyday since May when we first started the game. We made camp on a server and stuck to it for months, and in all that time we came across maybe 1 vehicle every 3 weeks or longer. We were discouraged of the thought of ever obtaining vehicles of our own, so resorted to simply running across the map everywhere. Over the past month, however, we decided to try different servers after discovering the clan who ran the server had hackers among them. We also discovered that they were hoarding a good deal of the vehicles on the map which explained the abscence despite our best efforts of finding one. We hated the fact that they had accumluated so many vehicles, leaving the rest of us to suffer running for kilometers on end. We swore we would never become what they were.

Now we've made camp on a new server, and through pretty much non stop playing the last couple days, have obtained the following:

A bus

motorcycle

UAZ Military

UAZ Civilian

Ural

Hatchback

Huey

A few hours ago we found a helicopter spawned next to the hospital in Cherno between the apartment complex. With just one of my friends, over the next hour and a half approximately we gathered the necessary supplies to repair it to flying condition, and made it back to camp. Looking down on all that we have accomplished, I realized that we have now become the capitalists that we hated from our previous home server, and I don't feel bad one damn bit. We worked hard, playing for hours on end, earning each vehicle that came our way, and we're not giving them up without a fight....or unless we get bored :P

Let me sum up the OP for everybody.

tl;dr Server-hopping hoarders are assholes. But I'm not an asshole. Uh...guess server-hopping hoarders aren't assholes! Yay, disturbingly swift self-justification of my moral failings!