KField86

The AS50 TWS needs to be DB wiped or not able to be saved to hive.

Decided that watching you make a fool of yourself defending hackers/exploiters/cheaters is worth reading the idiocy you post.

Oh, and what did I say that gave you the idea I am sad, I'm happy, your BS makes me laugh.

LOL ,!,, End Of File

I refuse to use Hacked weapons, if i find a hacker tent or "Hacker City" as people like to call it where their is more than 15 tents all dedicated to one thing in each tent i run them over with my truck or blow them up with nades. Never found a satchel charge though :/ I'd love to use one.

http://dayzmod.com/f..../#entry446536

Talking about being BE banned, not Server Banned.

http://dayzmod.com/f...an-you-confirm/

Being told that even after you inform the person that the weapon is not a legal weapon, not a weapon that spawns on its own in the game, you cant remove them from your server is ridiculous. That's why any SA with an ounce of common sense and the desire to make their server a fun and fair place to play the game will remove the player after letting them know that they are using a hacked in weapon and the player not discarding it.

no, this is exactly what was said,

If I pick up hacked weapons, will I be banned? I mean like, a ban for sure. Not a "maybe". Thanks,

Xeno

PS. I think the hackers name is "Mike", I just took him out from the ground with an AS50. May not be him though because I found a chopper randomly earlier.

Rocket: No

This rumour has no basis to it whatsoever.

Using a hacked vehicle/weapon will identify you during database analysis, and your character may receive special logging attention in the database, but you will not receive a ban without creating them yourself.

Next one what was said.

If a dev or rocket can answer this post please,i would like to know if server admins are allowed kick or ban for possessing a weapon that is not ingame?not scripting in,just possessing,that come from dead players etc.are admins allowed?

Delta Smoke 01: The official rules stand as this. You may not kick or ban a player for possessing a hacked in item. The same goes for duped items. Its understandable that people may be upset that this person may or may not be hacker, but unless you have the logs stating that they spawned it in, no one should be banned.

EDIT. If you should come across/kill a hacker or his corpse. here is what you should do. Take any legit items from his corpse as your reward. If he has hacked guns or soldier uniform and such, hide the body and rid the server of his presence.

Edited by Bushman
  • Like 1

I refuse to use Hacked weapons, if i find a hacker tent or "Hacker City" as people like to call it where their is more than 15 tents all dedicated to one thing in each tent i run them over with my truck or blow them up with nades. Never found a satchel charge though :/ I'd love to use one.

There are sachel charges to be found in hackers tents.

What a conundrum, can you morally use hackers gear to blow up hackers gear?

If I pick up hacked weapons, will I be banned? I mean like, a ban for sure. Not a "maybe". Thanks,

Xeno

PS. I think the hackers name is "Mike", I just took him out from the ground with an AS50. May not be him though because I found a chopper randomly earlier.

Using a hacked vehicle/weapon will identify you during database analysis, and your character may receive special logging attention in the database, but you will not receive a ban without creating them yourself.

Next one what was said.

If a dev or rocket can answer this post please,i would like to know if server admins are allowed kick or ban for possessing a weapon that is not ingame?not scripting in,just possessing,that come from dead players etc.are admins allowed?

Delta Smoke 01: The official rules stand as this. You may not kick or ban a player for possessing a hacked in item. The same goes for duped items. Its understandable that people may be upset that this person may or may not be hacker, but unless you have the logs stating that they spawned it in, no one should be banned.

EDIT. If you should come across/kill a hacker or his corpse. here is what you should do. Take any legit items from his corpse as your reward. If he has hacked guns or soldier uniform and such, hide the body and rid the server of his presence.

That is all well and good. People actively using a scripted/hacked in weapon get a warning to discard it, if they refuse they get banned. The weapon is not in the game for a reason, why Rocket and the team decided to remove it but not allow for punishment of people who still use it is not known. Making your server a fun and fair place to play the game is a SA's job, allowing people to use these weapons does not accomplish that.

That is all well and good. People actively using a scripted/hacked in weapon get a warning to discard it, if they refuse they get banned. The weapon is not in the game for a reason, why Rocket and the team decided to remove it but not allow for punishment of people who still use it is not known. Making your server a fun and fair place to play the game is a SA's job, allowing people to use these weapons does not accomplish that.

It is known,because not everyone knows what weapons and items are supposed to be ingame,therefore innocent people would be banned for using a weapon or ingame item that was hacked or duped.If that was the way to be you would be already banned too because how would you know if an item was hacked in before you got it off of a dead body or tent.you wouldnt,you would just get banned and then your forum posts would be about how unfair it is that people that didnt actually script the stuff in but rather just picked up an item you didnt know was scripted in.and yes regular legit items get hacked in too.

Edited by Bushman

It is known,because not everyone knows what weapons and items are supposed to be ingame,therefore innocent people would be banned for using a weapon or ingame item that was hacked or duped.If that was the way to be you would be already banned too because how would you know if an item was hacked in before you got it off of a dead body or tent.you wouldnt,you would just get banned and then your forum posts would be about how unfair it is that people that didnt actually script the stuff in but rather just picked up an item you didnt know was scripted in.and yes regular legit items get hacked in too.

I can't speak for any other SA, but we give a warning, "Hey that weapon/vehicle is hacked in, please discard it or you will be removed from the server"

• Like 1

And come on with that grasping at straws argument about "We're all cheaters". You're comparing bugs that are UNAVOIDABLE UNLESS YOU DONT PLAY THE GAME, to blatantly used hacked in weaponry(Like I said, I don't give a shit about guns like the G36. I give a shit about guns that are capable of instant killing anyone within 1600 meters, and through fucking FOG, which normally would prevent you from even seeing a fucking CITY. Let alone a player. Everyone whose fucking used it knows it's like having the hand of god at your fingertips. Deny it and you're a liar. If you have an AS50 TWS, you know that you can waltz into elektro and nail the 5 snipers camping there hidden in ghillie suits without putting forth any effort. Goto a ridge 1000 meters away, overlooking dobryy(there's a lot), and fire away at your hearts content. They can't see you because of their draw distance being reduced by fog, yet you can see them. It's akin to having a no fog hack ffs. The bottom line is this gun was in the game, and taken out by the developer because he felt it was too powerful for the nature of this game and did not fit in with his vision of dayZ, thus it was taken out. Yet people try and defend a reason to use it. Hey, like I said.. if you want to use it fine, but you won't use it on my server and I don't give a shit if anyone wants to report me for that. I won't have to kick you anyway because people like you would just leave the server instead of having to drop their precious hacked gun. No rules against warning people.

I am going to take what you said and use it to defend my usage of the weapon that I found in a hacker camp on Skalisty Island on US204. Yeah I have used the AS50 TWS and will use it to be the angel of deliverance against those tards that snipe people coming out of Elektro or Cherno. It has enough resolution on the thermal that you can tell if someone is wearing a ghillie and what type of weapon they have on their character out to about 300 meters. Anything past that and they are a blob for the most part. I run with a spotter and another couple of guys most times and we don't engage targets out past 900 meters because we have a hard time getting good views of them. Also the other guys either pull security for us as the sniper/spotter combo or we as the sniper/spotter combo guide them into CQB range on the other snipers on the hills looking down on Elektro or Cherno. It is our way of killing the dweebs that kill for sport. If I get killed I can respawn into any number of hacker camps on servers and regear my character in less than 20 minutes usually. The only weapons I carry are the M4 SD and the AS50 TWS for just that reason. I don't use it to kill without carefully establishing a pattern that the other parties use and I also use it to clear a path from distance for my buddies as they enter areas as the over watch. The spotter carries a DMR and rangefinders so we can engage any target we feel necessary.

So ban me when I come on the server, no big deal there are thousands of servers to play on with the settings that I enjoy and I donate to those that I frequent also to help keep them afloat so they don't shut down. I am not there to kill newbies, I am the angel of mercy to those who want to run around and play in the high traffic areas and I am the angel of death for those who want to kill them.

As I have said before in another thread...the way to end scripting of items is to write in a simple code that will kill a player who tries to run a script on the server and then have that code report to the Battleye client the CD key so that script running player is globally banned automatically.

This way little johnnie who runs to mommy or daddy to get the credit card every week or so for a "new game" will eventually get smoked by mommy and daddy who will start catching on because funds don't grow on trees.

Xeno

Next one what was said.

Read morons Read

As I have said before in another thread...the way to end scripting of items is to write in a simple code that will kill a player who tries to run a script on the server and then have that code report to the Battleye client the CD key so that script running player is globally banned automatically.

This way little johnnie who runs to mommy or daddy to get the credit card every week or so for a "new game" will eventually get smoked by mommy and daddy who will start catching on because funds don't grow on trees.

you are a dumb ass Dayz is a script

Read morons Read

So what? If you want to follow a rule set that favors hackers/scripters/cheaters/exploiters, go right ahead, i'm not going to do it. If Rocket and the Team wont work to make the servers a better place to play then we will. TBH, seems like they don't give one shit about this mess, if they did, they would revisit the rules, they are garbage.

Why would anyone listen to what you have to say, you can't say it without calling people names.

Point me to where it says its about BE global ban?? it doesnt specify that ANYWHERE . He asked about picking it up and being banned locally.

Tho which Rocket replied: NO

Edited by AndreasB

Point me to where it says its about BE global ban?? it doesnt specify that ANYWHERE . He asked about picking it up and being banned locally.

Tho which Rocket replied: NO

TBH, If you want to follow a rule set that favors hackers/scripters/cheaters/exploiters, go right ahead, i'm not going to do it.

AndreasB: "Im not saying that people cant hack, cheat or exploit. I'm, saying ADMINS should follow DAYZ RULES."

Anyone who thinks this has no credibility, and don't tell me it was taken out of context, there is only one way to interpret that, "if the players want to not follow the rules, that's ok, but the SA's HAVE to follow the rules regardless.

Edited by AADiC
  • Like 1

Im all for the whole wiping servers clean or even wiping the HIVE clean. If thats whats necessary to catch the ones spawning this loot or to add some kind of filter in to completely prevent it after its all been wiped. Maybe save it for one of the major patches.

Might as well do it, while vehicles and tents save 50% of the time and servers randomly kill you and spawn you with no gear at all.

TBH, If you want to follow a rule set that favors hackers/scripters/cheaters/exploiters, go right ahead, i'm not going to do it.

AndreasB: "Im not saying that people cant hack, cheat or exploit. I'm, saying ADMINS should follow DAYZ RULES."

Anyone who thinks this has no credibility, and don't tell me it was taken out of context, there is only one way to interpret that, "if the players want to not follow the rules, that's ok, but the SA's HAVE to follow the rules regardless.

Taken out of context. And you fully understood what I ment. Even if a player cheats, an admin should ALWAYS stay above it, and deal with it in a proper manner. Not go around admin abusing.

I'm with OP on this. I've come across AS50 TWS and don't take them. That gun is for the original game or the armoury. Anybody who takes pride in using a hacked weapon is a fucking moron.

• Like 2

OP has a good point - there should be a way of filtering out these weapons from being saved in the hive - probably too much of an overhead (check every write for a whitelist of items, if not in, don't save) _but_ could maybe do a daily timed check on player loot tables instead.

To be fair, if you are running around with a hacked gun your just as bad as the hacker who brought it into the game. Sure there are lots of cheaters, but there are also lots of people trying to play the game legitimately. If your going to run around with hacked weapons who cares if you spawned it in yourself.

• Like 2

Taken out of context. And you fully understood what I ment. Even if a player cheats, an admin should ALWAYS stay above it, and deal with it in a proper manner. Not go around admin abusing.

Let's just say for a second that we do what they say we should do, it would take such a long time for Support to work it, if they even do the server would be overrun. Any SA worth anything is not going to allow the hackers/script kiddies/exploiters to run their server while waiting for someone from support to investigate. It is especially unfair in this situation because proof that the person is cheating is obvious, and if they are warned about it and continue they should be removed, for the good of the server.

I agree, I really don't care about other hacked weapons because they are not game-breaking, the AS50 TWS however, is an abomination and it's disgusting that it has become so common.

That being said, I resorted to using it until it gets removed.

• Like 1

I've found a dozen of these things, I just have my backpack eat each one I find.

Let's just say for a second that we do what they say we should do, it would take such a long time for Support to work it, if they even do the server would be overrun. Any SA worth anything is not going to allow the hackers/script kiddies/exploiters to run their server while waiting for someone from support to investigate. It is especially unfair in this situation because proof that the person is cheating is obvious, and if they are warned about it and continue they should be removed, for the good of the server.

But they arent cheating. At the most they are exploiting, and there STILL is a rule that says that you cannot remove any person only for possession... Follow the goddamn rules or stop being an admin, and be a player instead.

Support to work it? You arent even supposed to notify them OF IT! (Possession) You DO NOT BAN OR KICK for possession.

Its a shitty rule, but ITS THERE.

Edited by AndreasB