(ABR) Sam

20th day alive!

Today marks this char's 20th day alive in the DayZ wilderness. Something of a milestone as my average was usually on 5-6 days. Pretty happy! Although I have spent the last 2 days trekking through the coast and larger cities in search of more ammo.. For those curious, zombie kills are 100+ and murders are only 2. Murder the first was nearly a week ago after my gf was slain by a man in a ghillie suit, I took revenge. Murder two was only last night in Elektro as a friend was being fired upon.

If a newbie is going to read this, look, I'm by no means saying I'm a veteran. Been to airfields only once or twice and I really only have memorised a few bicycle spawns around Cherno to get myself around if need be. I would suggest living to the North or West of Berenizo and making supply runs as needed and having a knife/matches/hatchet for living off animals. That said I think I've run to Kamenka now, lol. Above all.. You really do need luck. And NVG's. :L

I'm sure for some, 20 days are not impressive and you've been alive 60. But 20 is pretty damn good for me :D

But yeah. Quite chuffed I made 20 days finally :) Good luck to all fellow survivors!

Edited by (ABR) Sam

i can't make it more than 30 min, i always get sniped before i can hide in the forests.

that said, congradulations, 20 days ( for me ) is very impressive :)

I just started and I cant even get close enough to buildings to get in safely to look for loot!

I think I'm on 60 days or so by now. But to be fair I haven't even logged in since around day 40 due to not wanting to die to skiddies. Still well done on the 20 day mark man!

i made a 15 day marker today... the got dome rocked from a sniper a assume .... heard *clack* *zzzssszz* then in bog bold annoying letters i saw

(YOU ARE DEAD.)

I'm on day 14 myself, and I hang out mostly in hight traffic areas, you don't need to live in the woods to survive you just need to be vigilant(I'm not saying I go running through the middle of cherno/elektro - I don't lol), I have something like 290 zombie kills, 2 murders, 1 bandit kill atm, both murders, though are from killing snipers on dobrry, who apparently hadn't killed anyone recently, as they would had counted as bandit kills lol.. and I'm at about 4300 humanity, since I saved someone yesterday in komarovo from some zeds, he got attacked and stuck in one of the very narrow doorway brown buildings, to have his leg broken, and get knocked out by a zed, killed the 6 zombies mauling him, then I hear over the mic, you can go ahead and kill me, he was surprised when I proceeded to bandage/epi/morphine him, and guard him until a friend of mine showed up from cherno with some blood bags.. it was probably the most fun I have had in dayz, since starting.. and I was quite surprised that he did not try to kill me afterwards.. lol.

Congrats on the 20th day though, it's hard to achieve if you're playing on a server with 15 or more people quite often. :D

Edited by JADNOne

I was at the same state you were, but in the first 10 days I hit the NW airfield a few times and stary as well, lasted 20 awesome days.... until I decided to team up with a clan for a few hours. We all died to hackers twice in one night.

I was annoyed to lose all the gear, but mostly annoyed to lose the 20 days of survival. I had zero murders, but I had defended myself against some bandits and snipers, but they just logged out before I got the kill, no biggie really.

Hopefully I will be able to last another 20 days!

I'm on day 31, have 516 zombie kills and 1 murder, I think anything beyond ten means you generally know what your doing. And congrats to everyone who is still alive.

Edited by Loken625

grats on 20 days.

im on 18 days myself.

940 Zombies killed

0 murders, 0 bandits killed, avoided numerous attempts on my life, and had the opportunity to snipe players I've stumbled across, and decided to just leave them be.

I've found some reliable motorcycle spawns, and use them to collect ammo for my M16ACOG and PDW.

Day 50 or so, 1000 zombie kills atleast, and I think 3-4 murders along with 3 bandit kills.

Not trying to be a badass I'm just posting seriously where I'm at.

Nice job reaching 20 though!

I give a damn about lifetime and Zombiekills. I don't give a damn about dying ingame. If I had fun, it was worth it. Living without having fun...what it probably is if you never die...has no point.

So, I was on 27 or so days today, myself. Well, that was until a certain someone (cough Duckie cough) was trying to fix her keys so she could toggle run/walk mode. What happens? Fumbling around and somehow manages to lob the lone grenade she has tucked in her backpack at me as I was prepping a fire for food. All I hear is..."Oh shit...(I fall dead, then)....Oh shit, sorry". It takes me a minute to figure out wtf happened since I died 10ft from her, I was more in shock and disbelief, never coming to terms with the possibility she 'naded me.