galdis

Private Server Invitation

Hello,

My name is Galdis and my friend is Shadow Dash. We are extending an invitation to our private server to any interested players. The basic gist is that we simply want to play the game with other mature players. We are sick of playing Russian roulette in public servers.

The server is hosted on my computer so we don’t have any maintenance costs. This also means that saves are separate from the master server. I have no idea what the limits are for my server but I have capped the maximum players at 30 for now. We have provided our own workarounds which basically means that tent and vehicle inventories will save and survive reboots - however this is still DayZ and the game still eats things sometimes on its own, and players can still get stuck in the debug area (but reconnecting has always returned players to the coast).

We do not care if you are a survivor or a bandit. Shadow and I think that it wouldn't be fun without other players or groups. We also believe it is vital to have player-versus-player in a game about the end of modern society. If you want to be a solo bandit, or start a bandit group, or start a separate survivor group, or join Shadow and me, feel free to do so. We really only ask that interested players please observe the following rules:

1. Be immersed. One of our main gripes with DayZ is the shift from an immersive experience to heavy player-versus-player. We have no problem if you are a player-killer, but keep in mind: you and everyone else is trying to survive.

2. No hacking of any kind.

3. No disconnecting to avoid being killed. Try to lose your attacker. If you have left the vicinity of where you were attacked and you haven’t been shot at for a few minutes, it will not be considered breaking the rule if you choose to disconnect at that point. By “left the vicinity”, we do not mean running into the next building or into the nearest forest. We mean getting the hell out of dodge and running for a kilometer or two.

4. No spawnkiling. This applies to the whole map, not just the coast.

5. No disrespecting or provoking other players. Basically, no “trolling”. Above all be polite to your fellow players.

If there are any disputes, Shadow and I will handle them case-by-case. We do not want to have to babysit the server or deal with disputes all day. We want to play the game and have fun. If you cause problems you will be dealt with. The rules are not set in stone but we certainly do not want to expand upon them and/or make them more complex.

If you are interested in joining, or have any questions, please contact us through Steam (Bater2333 to reach Shadow and red_harlem to reach me). If you Google search "Private DayZ Server Steam Group" you can also find our Steam Community group, although not every player is a part of the group. Shadow and I want to get to know potential players before we let them in. The server is passworded, so this is the only way to get in. We hope to hear from you soon.

Best wishes,

Galdis and Shadow

• Like 1

Hi there, sounds good so far.

What are your server settings? Crosshairs, 3DP, timezone and such?

Hi there, sounds good so far.

What are your server settings? Crosshairs, 3DP, timezone and such?

The server is set on Veteran. Crosshairs are on. I'd rather have them off but I think that it is qualia information that you could discern in reality... people can and do fire from the hip. I am also too lazy to futz with the settings. Third person is on because I know a lot of people prefer to play this way. The server is run off of my personal machine and I live in Boston, Massachusetts, so the time is set to EST - but we have tons of players from all over the US and the world. One of our players is from Finland, a whole group is from the UK, and a lot of guys are West Coast. I think we even have 1 or 2 guys from Hawaii.

Edited by galdis

Finally! A DayZ server in September 2012 that sounds great! Could I join? I'm somewhat new to DayZ (note- somewhat), and I could really use a team. Could I join your server and your team? :) Oh, and is the server up 24/7 or just when you're on? My skype is: speedyboy235 .

Thanks!

Hello,

My name is Galdis and my friend is Shadow Dash. We are extending an invitation to our private server to any interested players. The basic gist is that we simply want to play the game with other mature players. We are sick of playing Russian roulette in public servers.

The server is hosted on my computer so we don’t have any maintenance costs. This also means that saves are separate from the master server. I have no idea what the limits are for my server but I have capped the maximum players at 30 for now. We have provided our own workarounds which basically means that tent and vehicle inventories will save and survive reboots - however this is still DayZ and the game still eats things sometimes on its own, and players can still get stuck in the debug area (but reconnecting has always returned players to the coast).

We do not care if you are a survivor or a bandit. Shadow and I think that it wouldn't be fun without other players or groups. We also believe it is vital to have player-versus-player in a game about the end of modern society. If you want to be a solo bandit, or start a bandit group, or start a separate survivor group, or join Shadow and me, feel free to do so. We really only ask that interested players please observe the following rules:

1. Be immersed. One of our main gripes with DayZ is the shift from an immersive experience to heavy player-versus-player. We have no problem if you are a player-killer, but keep in mind: you and everyone else is trying to survive.

2. No hacking of any kind.

3. No disconnecting to avoid being killed. Try to lose your attacker. If you have left the vicinity of where you were attacked and you haven’t been shot at for a few minutes, it will not be considered breaking the rule if you choose to disconnect at that point. By “left the vicinity”, we do not mean running into the next building or into the nearest forest. We mean getting the hell out of dodge and running for a kilometer or two.

4. No spawnkiling. This applies to the whole map, not just the coast.

5. No disrespecting or provoking other players. Basically, no “trolling”. Above all be polite to your fellow players.

If there are any disputes, Shadow and I will handle them case-by-case. We do not want to have to babysit the server or deal with disputes all day. We want to play the game and have fun. If you cause problems you will be dealt with. The rules are not set in stone but we certainly do not want to expand upon them and/or make them more complex.

If you are interested in joining, or have any questions, please contact us through Steam (Bater2333 to reach Shadow and red_harlem to reach me). If you Google search "Private DayZ Server Steam Group" you can also find our Steam Community group, although not every player is a part of the group. Shadow and I want to get to know potential players before we let them in. The server is passworded, so this is the only way to get in. We hope to hear from you soon.

Best wishes,

Galdis and Shadow

Finally! A DayZ server in September 2012 that sounds great! Could I join? I'm somewhat new to DayZ (note- somewhat), and I could really use a team. Could I join your server and your team? :) Oh, and is the server up 24/7 or just when you're on? My skype is: speedyboy235 .

Thanks!

• Like 1

Just downloaded game yesterday seems to be fun but being a noob im sure doesn't help!!

I was searching Massachusetts and seen this thread. I live in Worcester MA and I am looking to play with people online to help out a noob!! I play a lot of cod on Xbox and some on pc so good a fpsgames.

I do have vent which I probably forgot how to use or can use streams chat.

Hit me up!