XDarkXPhoenixX (DayZ)

Did I waste 30$ ???

I recently bought ARMA 2 and the right dlc content to play dayz but i cant connect to many servers and if i do i have about 5000 ms and a lot of lag. i can play the single player with all high settings just fine but when i play dayz my computer goes to crap.

Can you give me a bit more info please mate ? Ideally your location in the real world, your pc specs and your current internet bandwidth ? Cheers.

Try setting your filter settings to something different, make sure you have dayz in there, also try putting the name of the server you wish to join.

In answer to your question: Yes, you did waste your money. The dayz mod is free and anyone willing to pay $30 just to test a mod that is still in alpha needs to take a running jump off the band wagon.

A fool and his money are easily parted.

I bought this last night, just for DayZ, I had a few issue's starting up, but I got it to work, which method are you using to find servers?

Play with Six? or directly in game? as mentioned before, use the Filters, I am new, so I look for low player server, usually a min of 2, and a max of 10. I check, has users playing, no password protected, as we as unresponsive, this will find more "agreeable" severs. also try using the filter to adjust a ping to something more preferable, to your liking.

Also its still in alpha

Edited by Hanaku

Try setting your filter settings to something different, make sure you have dayz in there, also try putting the name of the server you wish to join.

In answer to your question: Yes, you did waste your money. The dayz mod is free and anyone willing to pay $30 just to test a mod that is still in alpha needs to take a running jump off the band wagon.

I paid the money just for Dayz and it's been more than worth it imo. :P

• Like 7

I bought this last night, just for DayZ, I had a few issue's starting up, but I got it to work, which method are you using to find servers?

Play with Six? or directly in game? as mentioned before, use the Filters, I am new, so I look for low player server, usually a min of 2, and a max of 10. I check, has users playing, no password protected, as we as unresponsive, this will find more "agreeable" severs. also try using the filter to adjust a ping to something more preferable, to your liking.

Also its still in alpha

lol at alpha mode , we cant do anything , bugs , hackers , zombies hitting through walls , bandit / survivor gear loss , camo / civilian gear loss , getting kicked for no reason , killed by ghosts, spawn with broken leg , barb wire all over the place... but yet that big number is still going up , with plenty of arma copies being sold . Such a scam , you do nothing for SOME simple fixes , its a fucking free for all , alpha mode sounds like an excuse at least it did..no more updates buddy. I don't recommend this game , since last patch .. ''the feal'' of this game is going away

Edited by Corecomander

Nvm... Derp

Edited by terrex

For the time I've spent playing, I'd say my 30$ was well spent, I even played ARMA 2 a little.

To all of you that bought it "only" for DayZ.

Give Domination and Warfare a go. Its NOT like bf3/cod. (Thats a good thing btw)

lol at alpha mode , we cant do anything , bugs , hackers , zombies hitting through walls , bandit / survivor gear loss , camo / civilian gear loss , getting kicked for no reason , killed by ghosts, spawn with broken leg , barb wire all over the place... but yet that big number is still going up , with plenty of arma copies being sold . Such a scam , you do nothing for SOME simple fixes , its a fucking free for all , alpha mode sounds like an excuse at least it did..no more updates buddy. I don't recommend this game , since last patch .. ''the feal'' of this game is going away

Good thing DayZ is free. :)

• Like 3

have a look at my signature and see if its something for you :)

Yeah whiney community members usually have that effect on a game.

• Like 1

I would get Dayz commander and also check the version of arma and Dayz vs the amount of servers running that version. Mismatch versions can cause issues. I would also load into a game with 5000 ping and then tab out and run a speedtest.

I would get Dayz commander and also check the version of arma and Dayz vs the amount of servers running that version. Mismatch versions can cause issues. I would also load into a game with 5000 ping and then tab out and run a speedtest.

Most times no need to tab out and do outside test. Just hang in the lobby for a few seconds usually that's enough to see the appropriate ping. The ping in the server list isn't accurate for quite a lot of servers. The servers I regularly play on have a ping of 2500 in the server list but ingame I run at smooth 30ms and 30 FPS.

To all of you that bought it "only" for DayZ.

Give Domination and Warfare a go. Its NOT like bf3/cod. (Thats a good thing btw)

I'm guessing these are just game modes in arma 2 and not mods? Every time I've looked at the mp it just seems like a few Co op missions, then when you join the players are 6k away lol.

I wouldn't mind playing the sp in Co op, it's a bit dull on your own.

I'm guessing these are just game modes in arma 2 and not mods? Every time I've looked at the mp it just seems like a few Co op missions, then when you join the players are 6k away lol.

I wouldn't mind playing the sp in Co op, it's a bit dull on your own.

These are ... I guess you can call it gamemodes yeah, For ACE Domi you need ACE and a few others ofc, but for normal warfare / domi you only need CO.

I dont think I've ever played SP.

cut the crap.. steam promoted arma2 just for dayz....dayz is being developed in BI studios.. the guys working on dayz are also working on arma3...

ON TOPIC: change your filters to as open as possibble, and make your mission Dayz to only show dayz servers

yeah this game has been the worst value for money ever. I've only gotten like 600 hours on this game and i was so frustrated about how crap it was i bought a second copy for my laptop in the steam sales. so i've paid $45 for two copies of a game. I wish there was something else i could do with arma 2 other then play day z.

yeah this game has been the worst value for money ever. I've only gotten like 600 hours on this game and i was so frustrated about how crap it was i bought a second copy for my laptop in the steam sales. so i've paid $45 for two copies of a game. I wish there was something else i could do with arma 2 other then play day z.

If you have a crap IP...you're gonna have a bad time. Don't blame the game. I live in Korea, which is pretty much lost in the asscrack of the world and I still get decent pings in the morning and night. Another guy I used to play with discovered that his IP was infamous among gamers for having the worst pings for pretty every game in existence...but people who went with the other company played the game with little or no problem.