{CQF} PFC Demyan

Here are the Details on the Hero skin that everyone wants!

Having seen many threads inquiring after the Hero skin and its effects, I thought that this thread might prove useful.

I am a Hero with over 30,000 Humanity on the public hive, and have done so legitimately all the way through. Here are some other important things to note about the Hero skin.

After becoming a Hero, you gain 150 Humanity every 20 Minutes. This effect ends whenever you switch to a different skin, but resumes as soon as you switch back to Civilian Clothes, which defaults to your Hero skin So long as you continue to have A cumulative Humanity over or equal to 5000.

EDIT- Powell has indicated that the gaining of Humanity every 20 minutes is a glitch, and will likely be fixed in the near future

The bullet proof vest on the skin is functional, but only marginally so compared to Camo. It is entirely ineffective vs any round higher than 9mm in caliber, and the vest does NOT absorb all of the shot's damage.

You do run faster than any other character as a Hero by default, but bear in mind that your equipment and inventory still impact your speed.

Also, in my experience it appears that killing a Hero makes another player lose considerably more Humanity than killing a regular survivor. I believe the value is around -6000 Humanity but until the next hotfix I am not sure how to confirm this. If any other Heroes out there can attest to this or rebuke it, please say so as the info will be very helpful.

EDIT - according to another player, when you kill a Hero you actually lose Humanity equal to the Hero's current Humanity... I am presently unable to confirm this, but if any of you can attest to this claim's validity it would mark a HUGE advantage to being a Hero.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions :)

Edited by Red Statham
  • Like 9

Forgot to mention that you earn the Hero Skin at 5000 Humanity.

Also, your skin will not automatically change to Hero if you earn your 5000th point in Humanity while wearing a non-Civilian skin. You will get the Hero Skin after you switch to Civie Clothes.

As with all skins (for the time being), changing to the Hero Skin will clear any appoint you have set and reset all of your Debug stats, including Humanity, so that they APPEAR to be 0. This permanently rests zombie kills, murders and bandit kills but does NOT actually rest your cumulative Humanity to 0

Other trivial facts:

#1 The hero skin looks cool with aviator glasses.

#2 It's 20% more unlikely to get killed on sight by a person with the hero skin

#3 It's 1% more unlikely to get killed on sight if wearing the hero skin*

* just kidding

Edited by SonicRainbrony

sooo....how does one get 5000 humanity points? My humanity changes occasionally but I don't have a clue why. I don't murder others.

As one more note, the hero skin does carry a slight risk of being teleported to the coast with no items but your backpack, Prepare accordingly.

the 150+ humanity thing is a glitch

NOOOOOOOO

Will this glitch be remanded in the next Hotfix? It's unfortunate to hear that, but if it isn't meant to be it isn't meant to be :-(

Fun fact. The hero skin attracts bandits like a moth to a flame. Happy hunting!

Funner fact, Heroes rarely care and often know how to take care of themselves and how to put down bandits. More importantly, true Heroes have many friends. Happy hunting indeed :)

Edited by Red Statham
  • Like 6

If you get 20,000 humanity, you should get to turn into superman.

Superman's an alien. That makes no sense.

Now Batman. Batman makes sense.

• Like 6

As with all skins (for the time being), changing to the Hero Skin will clear any appoint you have set and reset all of your Debug stats, including Humanity, so that they APPEAR to be 0. This permanently rests zombie kills, murders and bandit kills but does NOT actually rest your cumulative Humanity to 0

All you have to do is relog to fix this.

• Like 1

In my experience this resolves the issue for all other skins, but the Hero skin continues to have the issue after a relog.

• Like 1

In my experience this resolves the issue for all other skins, but the Hero skin continues to have the issue after a relog.

The hero skin/humanity is still very buggy. I had 5 murders, I put on a ghillie suit and it reset my humanity to 0. Next time I die, I respawn and after shooting a few zombies I wind up with the hero skin. :huh: Faking a friendly player is always fun!

Edited by GhillieBandit
  • Like 1

if they take away the 150 plus every so often then they should make a way to recognize self defense kills. because then hero would be too hard to get

The bullet proof vest on the skin is functional, but only marginally so compared to Camo. It is entirely ineffective vs any round higher than 9mm in caliber, and the vest does NOT absorb all of the shot's damage.

Interesting if true

You do run faster than any other character as a Hero.

No. I'm a bandit, friend is a hero, other friend is a survivor. Over the course of a ten minute run we move at exactly the same speed.

Also, in my experience it appears that killing a Hero makes another player lose considerably more Humanity than killing a regular survivor. I believe the value is around -6000 Humanity but until the next hotfix I am not sure how to confirm this. If any other Heroes out there can attest to this or rebuke it, please say so as the info will be very helpful.

Pretty sure you lose however much humanity the hero has...

Your speed is also heavily influenced by your loadout and inventory, bear that in mind. As a Hero since the second day of 1.7.2.5, trust me when I say I have confirmed that the skin makes you the fastest by default BEFORE considering your equipment.

And if that's the case, about Humanity... Damn. Not that Bandits care, but taking over a 30,000 hit to Humanity is brutal by anyone's standards