Sign in to follow this  
Benji (DayZ)

Something funny happened today

Today was a satisfying day for me on DayZ. Why? I'll tell you.

I started a new character as always, scavenging around for items and stuff until about half an hour into the mainland, just as I was about to exit a small town, I was shot in the legs by someone who had a light machine gun. I instantly yelled in the direct chat "duuuude! Really?" The only thing I could do then was bandage myself so that's what I did. To my surprise though, the guy who shot me came over to give me a blood pack. As pissed as I was at him though for shooting me, I managed to pull out my hatchet and hack him to death whilst he was in the process of blood transfusing. About 30 seconds after this though, everyone in the server got teleported away and instantly killed. I found it very satisfying that I killed a hacker and pissed him off. My death was worth it but not the death of everyone in the server.

I did not manage to get the hackers name but I just thought that I should share this short story with whoever reads this. :)

I once got shot at with a silenced M9 in cherno. However, as soon as he shot me he came over to bandage me and blood bag me saying he didn't mean to kill me. Then he gave me his FN FAL with a scope and we played for a bit until he had to leave. The funny thing is he shot me about 5-6 times before he realized to stop I guess.

Had you negotiated with the hacker he could've given you nice loot. Way to miss an oppurtinity.

Had you negotiated with the hacker he could've given you nice loot. Way to miss an oppurtinity.

Sorry but I don't take free items from hackers. I'd rather earn my items the real way instead of cheating to get them.

• Like 3

Something like this happened to me once -

I was busy looking through a pile of loot at the military tents in Cherno when i hear footsteps. I immediatly turn around to find another survivor with a hatchet at the ready. Out of reflex i sprayed in his direction, probably hitting him 2-3 times but not killing him (i had an aks-74 kobra). Anyway i type "my bad" in direct chat and patch him up/fix his leg/transfusion and tell him to run in the other direction. He goes on his merry way and i go on mine.

No need to kill the guy. Even though he was a hacker you didn't know that at the time.

I lost gear to a hacker, and the next day, a guy picked me up on an ATV and I told him my story.

Next thing I know, he spawned my old gear in my bag, plus extra stuff.

That's how I discovered I met a "friendly" hacker.

Long story short, I refused to play with him, and burned everything he gave me that was "extra" (AS50, Ghillie....) in a fireplace.

I still have the replacement gear on my 16 day old character now though.

I feel a little guilty about getting my rifle back this way, I had most everything back again even before meeting the hacker, and I dropped the M9SD he gave me for a PDW I found eventually.

I guess my precious M16ACOG "shouldn't be". :(

Maybe he wasn't even a hacker. Here is what happened to me few weeks ago. I was closing on 30 days of playing without dying so I had pretty much everything (Ghillie, Coyote backpack, AS50, L85, M4 SD, NVG, Rangefinder, GPS and so on). I was on my way near Solnechny quarry when I heard footsteps behind my back, I started to turn around but heard shots and was killed in place. I respawned and few seconds later everyone on the server was killed (I had nothing to do with it). Now imagine what that guy who killed me must have thought. He kills a guy with every useful item in game and seconds later everyone killed. I am pretty sure he thought I was a hacker, although I wasn't.

Maybe he wasn't even a hacker. Here is what happened to me few weeks ago. I was closing on 30 days of playing without dying so I had pretty much everything (Ghillie, Coyote backpack, AS50, L85, M4 SD, NVG, Rangefinder, GPS and so on). I was on my way near Solnechny quarry when I heard footsteps behind my back, I started to turn around but heard shots and was killed in place. I respawned and few seconds later everyone on the server was killed (I had nothing to do with it). Now imagine what that guy who killed me must have thought. He kills a guy with every useful item in game and seconds later everyone killed. I am pretty sure he thought I was a hacker, although I wasn't.

The coincidences in this game are endless. Server admins restarting servers, but not because someone just died twenty seconds ago. The list goes on. I like your post a lot but I don't want to give you beans. How about a bullet?

Strangely, your profile picture scares me more than any "scared-the-shit-out-of-me moment" in DayZ. It's just... inhuman. :unsure:

Today was a satisfying day for me on DayZ. Why? I'll tell you.

I started a new character as always, scavenging around for items and stuff until about half an hour into the mainland, just as I was about to exit a small town, I was shot in the legs by someone who had a light machine gun. I instantly yelled in the direct chat "duuuude! Really?" The only thing I could do then was bandage myself so that's what I did. To my surprise though, the guy who shot me came over to give me a blood pack. As pissed as I was at him though for shooting me, I managed to pull out my hatchet and hack him to death whilst he was in the process of blood transfusing. About 30 seconds after this though, everyone in the server got teleported away and instantly killed. I found it very satisfying that I killed a hacker and pissed him off. My death was worth it but not the death of everyone in the server.

I did not manage to get the hackers name but I just thought that I should share this short story with whoever reads this. :)

The coincidences in this game are endless. Server admins restarting servers, but not because someone just died twenty seconds ago. The list goes on. I like your post a lot but I don't want to give you beans. How about a bullet?

You saying that I actually was a hacker and killed everyone on that server, then made up this story to tell on the forums? Well, if I am a hacker then your bullet wouldn't hurt me and if I am not you will coldbloodedly murder an innocent man!