97ADU Doug

[Experiment POLL] % of people with a .50 cal sniper. Lets find out.

Ok, Im curious and would like to find out what % of players are in a possession of a .50 cal sniper. Apparently according to the latest posts, EVERYONE has one. I think its about time we found out what % EVERYONE comes under. So vote honestly this is an experiment. Also, if you have an AS50 and an M107, please select the one you prefer to use.

Thxs for participating, and remember votes are anonymous.

PS: feel free to leave a comment so that the poll remains on the front page thus all players will see it. That way we will get a wider variety of votes and the data will be more conclusive.

NOTE, launched a second poll in order to find out how many people still play on public hive servers, to those who have moved on to private hives. This includes other dayZ maps/mods also. If you have time, give it a vote, cheers.

LINK: http://dayzmod.com/f...e-hive-servers/

Edited by 97ADU Doug

I don't think this is going to work... Namely because everyone on the forums complains about player killing more than zombie or environmental deaths... As we see from the stats, the percentage of characters killed through PvP is pretty minimal.

I don't think this is going to work... Namely because everyone on the forums complains about player killing more than zombie or environmental deaths... As we see from the stats, the percentage of characters killed through PvP is pretty minimal.

You may be right. However you may not be. Either way I think its worth a try.

Iv found many of those weapons over my play time, but never used any of them. I either dump them in the weapons truck for my team or stuff them in a zed to despawn.

The only long range weapons Iv ever used was a L85 and an ACOG. I learned from those weapons that Im no sniper, and that my place is in the shit with the zeds. Give me a winchester, CCO, or an AKM and I'll get in and out of anywhere without worry.

I run with an AS50 usually. I have found many in my time, some at choppers others taken from pvp. While I obtained all mine via legitimate means (ie no hacking, duping, etc), I highly suspect some that I get by killing other players were acquired through illicit means... :(

Will always love my FN FAL... not a speck of human blood on it. Just the memories and legacy of the countless noobs that have been inspired by the "crack!" of their life being saved.

• Like 2

I had a AS50 TWS very briefly. The temptation to keep it was pretty strong, but the server bugged out and wiped my inventory before I made up my mind anyway.

I think a more accurate version of this poll would say "Do you have access to a .50?" . I know the locations of several camps across many servers where I can pick up AS50s or L85s anytime I want - but I don't like the AS50 as much as the DMR (I usually play at night).

• Like 1

I think a more accurate version of this poll would say "Do you have access to a .50?" . I know the locations of several camps across many servers where I can pick up AS50s or L85s anytime I want - but I don't like the AS50 as much as the DMR (I usually play at night).

Good idea ill edit the pole

Wait, the fuck? Why can't I just vote "No, I don't use snipers" and be done with it? Why do I have to vote for everything?

I have access, cause I scouted out edge camps on several servers, but actually carry M14/DMR combo.

Ive got 6 AS 50s, Couple 107s, SVD (or two), LMGs, yada yada yada. All were from crash sites or PVP, and none are TWS. Earlier tonight I actually killed a guy with a TWS, and hid his body, destroying his Thermal n00b cannon forever. I will PVP on a regular basis; however I will never use a hacked weapon.

• Like 1

Ive got 6 AS 50s, Couple 107s, SVD (or two), LMGs, yada yada yada. All were from crash sites or PVP, and none are TWS. Earlier tonight I actually killed a guy with a TWS, and hid his body, destroying his Thermal n00b cannon forever. I will PVP on a regular basis; however I will never use a hacked weapon.

6 AS50s? Duper.

Lies. Crash sites and other players + a group of 4, 6 isnt astronomical. Is that tent stuck in 1.7.2.5 respawn mode? yes. 5 for sure were found legitamtely, and we moved a couple before the tents went to shit. I took one from another tent awhile ago and just stuck it back in there to see if it saves now. I have NEVER intentionally duped anything.

Edit: http://i.imgur.com/xPdCa.jpg

I've played for a few months.... Its not that hard to stock up on ANYTHING once you learn where everything is at, even vehicles.

BTW, that campsite isnt there anymore.

Edited by TheLoneRanger

Over 50% of players have an AS50 or M107. lol.

50% of forum users interested in answering this poll, you mean.

Big difference; the sample is neither statistically significant in size nor representative of the general population.

Also, as duplication exploits remain unfixed the poll is largely irrelevant. What will the results tell us except "Gee, we sure need to fix those exploits." which we all knew already?

Edited by ZedsDeadBaby

I was going to submit my answer to the poll, only I didn't find a 'I kill people sniping in Electro and take their stuff. Sometimes it's an M107 or an As50 - which can be thermal on occasion' option.

So what should I choose? :(

-MONSTER

I know countless tents with AS50's in them and a bunch with AS50 TWS.. Not my tents though, I don't have any.

The second and third questions need to have a "Not applicable" choice. Otherwise, you're forced to answer them both, regardless of you answering "No" to the first question.

Unless you're only looking for answers from those who have .50 cals, which would greatly skew the poll's results...

• Like 1

I had an AS50 once......for a grand total of 5 seconds.

Found a helicopter crash, saw the AS50. Grabbed it....and IMMEDIATELY got sniped by someone with a DMR. (or whatever other guns sound like a DMR)