97ADU Doug

[Experiment POLL] % of people with a .50 cal sniper. Lets find out.

it is not hard to find as-50, every other crasherd heli have that gun in loot. you just change servers and cruise around stary or berezino and you will find one in less than hour. that is why i think dupers are probably retards.

it is harder to find cz550 than as-50.

Edited by director
  • Like 1

I received my AS50(one of two) in a bus camped in the middle of the woods. I plan to keep her for a while.

Edited by Wolas

6 AS50s? Duper.

what? you think they're rare or something? i find two at a time at chopper sites. could get 6 legit AS50s in one day easily.

what? you think they're rare or something? i find two at a time at chopper sites. could get 6 legit AS50s in one day easily.

Hmm...according to the wiki, they're one of the rarest things in the game. Therefore, you're lying. either that, or they were duped by someone else.

http://www.dayzwiki.com/wiki/AS50

You won't get an accurate number, because not even a half of the total players read the forums regularly :/

I was going to submit my answer to the poll, only I didn't find a 'I kill people sniping in Electro and take their stuff. Sometimes it's an M107 or an As50 - which can be thermal on occasion' option.

So what should I choose? :(

-MONSTER

True dat. Easiest way to get equipped right now - hell, I was so attached to my carefully built-up 20-day old character that I couldn't even remember how much fun it was to spawn in Three Valleys, grab an Enfield, run to Dobry, kill one of the suits lying around and hop away. 1 in 5 AS-50 kills has a TWS btw.

Wait, the fuck? Why can't I just vote "No, I don't use snipers" and be done with it? Why do I have to vote for everything?

Rectified, sorry about that

Edited by 97ADU Doug

Actually I JUST had to take out a bandit the day before yesterday, haven't been on since but I picked up his AS50 TWS, left the ammo. When I get back on the game sometime tonight im probably gunna throw it in a tree or something... so many of them...

Don't have one, but that's because I didn't pick one up the 15 times I came across them.

I even came across a tent with a AS50 TWS, which I proceeded to destroy after taking the much more interesting SVD Camo.

I have found and kept a M107, but I'm not going to use it.

Alot of people think that the AS50 is so frequent because of the hacking and duping. But its not just that. Theres like 6 chopper crash sites per map, which usually have 2 of the M107s/AS50/Bizon etc. Thats way too much. If the alpha game comes out this way, with no weapon spawning scripts and no duping, the AS50 and other heli crash site weapons will still be common.

Edited by sostronk

Honestly, the question "Did you find it in a loot pile, or on a tent/dead body should have been asked. 75% of people find theirs on tents or dead bodies.

The first question is misleading.

It is ignoring the actual ownership of .50cal weapons.

I have access to both types, but have never used them, and ownership is not dependent on who found it. They aren't in my play style and I prefer to run with an assault rifle or LMG.

The first question also ignores the circumstances of access to the weapon.

Do you have access to one because a friend is carrying one and you can borrow it?

Do you have access to one because you belong to a group that has multiple members who can easily search a map for crashed choppers?

I, for example, work with a group of 20+, and I have access to all weapons, legitimately, although SVD is still the rarest.

The first question is misleading.

It is ignoring the actual ownership of .50cal weapons.

I have access to both types, but have never used them, and ownership is not dependent on who found it. They aren't in my play style and I prefer to run with an assault rifle or LMG.

The first question also ignores the circumstances of access to the weapon.

Do you have access to one because a friend is carrying one and you can borrow it?

Do you have access to one because you belong to a group that has multiple members who can easily search a map for crashed choppers?

I, for example, work with a group of 20+, and I have access to all weapons, legitimately, although SVD is still the rarest.

You have twisted what I have said to quite an extent.

In other words. Do you own an AS50. As in, is it in a tent, on your person etc. Not wether or not your friend owns one and would be willing to lend you one. It isn't really yours. Do you posses an AS50? Is it yours?

However I will edit the pole regardless to ensure that it is more clear.

• Like 1

Yes, I have access to multiple AS50's, and AS50 TWS.

I don't enjoy sniping, personally. But, I have friends that do. Our scattered camps over multiple servers have everything(legal).

Not to mention the crap-load of random camps we have found over the months and written down the locations. Every legal/illegal weapon/gear/suits you can think of. Some servers reset every 4-6 hours which completely replenishes these camps. We have tried emptying them then saving them. smashing them, etc etc. They always come back.

We've actually stopped hitting the camps for weapons/gear and just play the way it was intended. It has made the game fun to play, again.

I would imagine that just about everyone that visits these forums has access to one.

AS50, I'm down to using 5 round magazines because I only found 1 M107 mag at the crash site that I picked up said AS50 at, and I've yet to find another magazine at the NWAF since :/

The second and third questions need to have a "Not applicable" choice. Otherwise, you're forced to answer them both, regardless of you answering "No" to the first question.

Unless you're only looking for answers from those who have .50 cals, which would greatly skew the poll's results...

2ugnpki.jpg

Edited by Buffjesus

Wait, the fuck? Why can't I just vote "No, I don't use snipers" and be done with it? Why do I have to vote for everything?

Angry you have to click on two extra dots. Write a post expressing how angry you are you had to waste your time clicking on two extra dots. :)

Anyway, this poll has shown the obvious...storage really needs to fucking go because those weapons will never leave circulation as long as you can just shove them in a tent and go on about your day.

Edited by BazBake

So far approx 61% of people have a .50cal

14% of those 61% have a TWS

34% use the 5 round nato's

In other words 3/5 people you meet will have a 50.cal sniper.

Edited by 97ADU Doug

Nice poll, I'm not surprised so many people have .50 cals. I'm doing my own little loot experiment, but I must have more data before making a thread.

Wow, the people with TWS AS50s should diaf.

Using one is just as bad as hacking one into the game.

I've got an AS50, found it at a heli crash along with another one. Then lost it to a server bug, spawned on the coast with no gear, found another crashed heli the next day and got myself another one.

I have access to both, think I have about 4 tents, with Normal and Thermal in, about 5 guns in total, all of which either found at crash sites or via player kills.

I also use the Thermal, the one I use I took from a crap hacker who was spawning in in front of me trying to kill me as I ran off with his hacked in vehicle hahaha, when I finally paniced enough to get out the car I opened up on his head with about 6 shots (m107 as50) and killed him, took his thermal and some ammo and run like a little school girl.

I will be the first one to cheer when the tents and hacks get fixed, probably standalone , BUT UNTIL THEN, with so many hackers, I damn sure will use thermal as50's if I can find them, it levels the playing field when it comes to hackers, and some times I wonder if there are more of them than there are normal players.

Wow, the people with TWS AS50s should diaf.

Using one is just as bad as hacking one into the game.

I've got an AS50, found it at a heli crash along with another one. Then lost it to a server bug, spawned on the coast with no gear, found another crashed heli the next day and got myself another one.

I dont believe USING one is quite as bad as hacking one in. Seeing as that they used to be in the game, using one can be seen to be ok, depending on the server admin. Hacking however is wrong regardless of the circumstances regardless to what you hack in.

I don't personally use the .50 cals since they're not my style but if I wanted to use one I know countless tent locations where I could easily find one.