rocket

Why the radio silence?!?

need to chime in: do the PR, game needs and deserves it, and so do you. And take your time with 1.7.3, people expect a lot from it. Cheers

• Like 4

Lol, have some of mine.

Why thankyou

Can I have some too? :blush:

Here you go.

-

I patiently wait for 1.7.3 with high hopes and huge amounts of tolerance of anything that might be buggy :)

Still love playing dayz with my friends despite the glitches/current problems! So Dean if you happen to read this, keep up the good work, I love watching your interviews because you have such a passion for what you want in the game!

I was a been reserved about the whole adding dogs idea but after watching an interview about them with running video commentary, they seem very innovative for the game and I can't wait for implementation now :D

• Like 1

How about a 1.7.2.6? quick update to fix tents and vehicles not saving? I jest though, I'm sure developing a game, even just a mod like this takes alot of work. Looking forward to the next update though.

Yes it is rather refreshing. Most of the community are patient. It is just the very small minority that demand things! OMFG Fix it now etc etc etc.

Some people just have no concept of ALPHA nevermind BETA.

And you can have some of my beans to good sir.

On the other hand, if people like you and others keep sucking rocket's dick no matter what then he doesn't feel the need at all anymore to fix things. I mean how hard can it be to remove the dead bodies to at least fix the graphical glitches? I'm not a programmer but I'm sure it can't be THAT hard.

And I do have a concept of Alpha, we've had a playable Alpha version for a long time, now we have an unplayable one since the last couple of updates. Private hives are popping up all over the place, public hive servers are getting empty because of all the bugs and hacking, servers we as admins pay a lot of money for each month (I bet you don't contribute anything).

So it's not OMFG Fix it now, it's more like: Stop f*king breaking things all the time and leaving us with the mess.

[user warned. -Max]

Edited by Max Planck
Completely unnecessary and offensive, make your point without getting personal.

As you said your not a programmer so it's probably wise to leave it to them. I'm sure they'll take your advice on board though and hurry it along for you.

And I do have a concept of Alpha, we've had a playable Alpha version for a long time, now we have an unplayable one since the last couple of updates.

dunno where you got your concept from. proper alpha and betas dont hotfix issues to accomodate users, even large issues (gamebreaking issues in games development) do not get fixed outside the planned patch cycle. fix for the glitches may come with the next patch, but doesnt have to, might as well add further features first, and fix the glitches when the game is feature-complete, to ensure that they wont come back with new features.

this isnt a stable and feature-complete release candidate, relabeled "alpha" or "beta" for PR purposes. Its really an alpha: feature functionality and stability have not a high priority, the matter at hand are specific code tests and data collection. and regarding its alpha state its a fucking miracle, the amount of errors which would completely crash my gaming rig or at least the arma application is miniscule.

not everyone who is not playing the entitled kid is automatically sucking developers dick

• Like 2

Why

Feeling is feeling buddy! They also said that patch will come no sooner then 6.9. which is tomorrow and they dont like to release patches before weekend anyway...

dunno where you got your concept from. proper alpha and betas dont hotfix issues to accomodate users, even large issues (gamebreaking issues in games development) do not get fixed outside the planned patch cycle. fix for the glitches may come with the next patch, but doesnt have to, might as well add further features first, and fix the glitches when the game is feature-complete, to ensure that they wont come back with new features.

this isnt a stable and feature-complete release candidate, relabeled "alpha" or "beta" for PR purposes. Its really an alpha: feature functionality and stability have not a high priority, the matter at hand are specific code tests and data collection. and regarding its alpha state its a fucking miracle, the amount of errors which would completely crash my gaming rig or at least the arma application is miniscule.

not everyone who is not playing the entitled kid is automatically sucking developers dick

That may be so, but a lot of competitors are already out there right now, working on similar games with the War Z as the most finished product, not playable yet I agree but we've seen gameplay footage and it looks promising. Day Z has over a million unique players and over 4000 dedicated servers that people pay a lot of money for so even though it's an alpha you can't just leave a game breaking bug like those graphical glitches unsolved for weeks without even so much as a forum post that people are working on it. That's pretty damn arrogant if you'd ask me.

• Like 3

the matter at hand are specific code tests and data collection.

I hate to break it to you but testing and data collection are over.

There are currently 620 open bugs in the public tracker (https://dev-heaven.net/projects/dayz) and the last time a bug was closed was July 30th. The last time a bug was set to any status other than New was August 10th so it doesn't even look like anyone is doing triage anymore.

As for data collection, do you really think any meaningful results are being collected while the number of players continues to drops daily, and those who are left can easily acquire any piece of high-end gear they want, as long as they avoid certain parts of the map that are unplayable? Garbage In -> Garbage Out

The developers probably have a private bug tracker where hopefully they are busily fixing bugs in anticipation of the standalone, but if you think those of us playing the mod still have any significant role in development, I'm afraid you're kidding yourself.

Edited by Heiduk
  • Like 3

Like someone put in another thread, what we are all more interested in now is what I actually DO not what I SAY. But, that doesn't remove the value in discussing the implications of what happened with DayZ, just maybe some developers/publishers will start putting more modding in games - and look at WHY DayZ was successful. I think that is more important even than the DayZ project itself.

No one here really cares about what other studios decide to do with their games, this is just completely unrelated to... anything. Just saying

Regarding patch 1.7.3, I'm not going to make the mistake of releasing a patch before it is ready. 1.7.3 just isnt ready yet.

God forbid you fix the screen tearing and totally broken tents and vehicles that were introduced like a month and a half ago, just do nothing instead. I'm sure having everyones noses in your ass with praise is really distracting and probably more important than keeping current players playing.

• Like 2

God forbid you fix the screen tearing

Rono why do you seem so butt hurt?!

click that link in my sig for that

Edited by Sgt.Asshat

Your player base grew exponentially for months on end until 1.7.2.5 and for the last month it's been stuck on ~110,000 players in the last 24 hours.{edit: now down to 90,000.} I hope this fact isn't lost on you. As soon as you decided being at PAX was more important than fixing what was broken, the growth of players ground to a halt. The growth of the game died. People lost interest. I've still got the Day Z mod installed, I hope one day you decide it's time to start working on the vehicle, tent and graphical bugs. But if you don't, I don't care. I already owned ArmA II, I didn't buy it to play this mod. And for the last month, I haven't bothered to play it. What the point? You can only keep gear on you, and that, you only keep until some script kid decides to nuke the server.

But that's not the point, really, is it? It's an alpha. I'm here to test shit. Unfortunately, there's been nothing new to test for a month, so I've been putting my time into the other games in dev I'm alpha and beta testing.

But I think it's great you've got 100,000 people coming back to play, every day, from exactly the same point they were at a month ago. I think it's great the only people who can be arsed with this mod are people who can reset a server when they log in and by doing so get their vehicles and tents back (as long as they haven't saved them since the 1.7.2.4 patch). That's a really cool way to run a survival sim, Lets just survive the same fucking day with the same fucking shit, over and over and over again. Day Z? Groundhogday Z more like it.

Here's hoping being interviewed gets just as boring for you as playing the same busted ass patch for the last month got for me. Maybe then we'll see some progress. Until then, enjoy your time in the spotlight as a clown in the gaming media circus. See you if/when the next patch drops.

edit 2: 1.7.2.6 is here. patching.

mutter mutter grumble something something fries with those words I'm eating

Edited by datguy
  • Like 4

patch or not, I have seen activity drop in huge numbers personally due to rampant hacking.. in the last 2 weeks, ive played.. 7 times. and 5 times, the server has been thunderdomed/hacked etc etc and its just becoming.. a chore.

combine that with the various graphical bugs such as artifacting, you make it so people cant be in cherno/nwaf/berezino/stary

it really limits the gameplay, I dont care about dogs, I care about basics, dont worry about implementing new things, till the script kiddies are stopped and the fixes are implemented.

no game ive ever played has required me to tamper with graphics card settings to get it even half working ( and thats without flushing)

ive been a staunch supporter of DayZ and will continue to be, but please address the problems. our server used to be 50/50 nightly, weve not been full in over 2 weeks, because most of our regulars have simply stopped.

Edited by Faithwolf

On the other hand, if people like you and others keep sucking rocket's dick no matter what then he doesn't feel the need at all anymore to fix things. I mean how hard can it be to remove the dead bodies to at least fix the graphical glitches? I'm not a programmer but I'm sure it can't be THAT hard.

And I do have a concept of Alpha, we've had a playable Alpha version for a long time, now we have an unplayable one since the last couple of updates. Private hives are popping up all over the place, public hive servers are getting empty because of all the bugs and hacking, servers we as admins pay a lot of money for each month (I bet you don't contribute anything).

So it's not OMFG Fix it now, it's more like: Stop f*king breaking things all the time and leaving us with the mess.

[user warned. -Max]

You seem like an angry young man.

My comments weren't directed at you personally...more towards the attitude of some people on this forum.

And i'm not sucking dick as you so nicely put it.

I just have patience and understanding that the guy is human and not a fucking machine. He has a mod to sort out, conferences to attend, promotion to do. A standalone to make, and no doubt has had many meetings and contracts to sign. Oh and god forbid he takes time to see his friends & family right? You know...have some form of life outside of this mod. And yet he still tries to come onto the forum and explain his abscence and give us some form of heads up. Pity you have no manners or understanding of this whatsoever.

Edited by GeordieMarv
  • Like 1

I don't really know where the best place to put this kinda information but as the glitches seem to be a problem. Prior to the patch 1.7.2.5 I didn't even have them...now this past weekend I played on server US 893 Berezino, bodies, tore my screen apart. Flushing didn't help restarting didn't. However I sighed as I Desync'd (Server restart) joined server Seattle 2755 and voila no visiual problems at all. On 893 the glitches lessened as i dropped some of my settings. On 2755 I could put my settings on what ever and I smooth playing. I search servers by ArmA 96061 and play on 1.7.2.5 servers trying to keep testing the current patch. Both were running identical. All I can add to it is that the bodies were causing. I braved it to run to them plus it was low population. It seems shadows are also causing part of the problem as on 2755 turning the shadows off gave me a much clearer screen but couldn't clear it up. The other reason I think shadows are causing some of the issue is because when I've ran at the artifact I some times find the spot of origin to be clear no matter how long I wait for it to pop up. (if its a corpse it loads in and doesn't cause a visiual problem until I'm like 5 meters away from it. I can stare down on top of it just fine)

Hope some of this helps. I just search for a server not giving me the glitches to play.

I don't really know where the best place to put this kinda information but as the glitches seem to be a problem. Prior to the patch 1.7.2.5 I didn't even have them...now this past weekend I played on server US 893 Berezino, bodies, tore my screen apart. Flushing didn't help restarting didn't. However I sighed as I Desync'd (Server restart) joined server Seattle 2755 and voila no visiual problems at all. On 893 the glitches lessened as i dropped some of my settings. On 2755 I could put my settings on what ever and I smooth playing. I search servers by ArmA 96061 and play on 1.7.2.5 servers trying to keep testing the current patch. Both were running identical. All I can add to it is that the bodies were causing. I braved it to run to them plus it was low population. It seems shadows are also causing part of the problem as on 2755 turning the shadows off gave me a much clearer screen but couldn't clear it up. The other reason I think shadows are causing some of the issue is because when I've ran at the artifact I some times find the spot of origin to be clear no matter how long I wait for it to pop up. (if its a corpse it loads in and doesn't cause a visiual problem until I'm like 5 meters away from it. I can stare down on top of it just fine)

Hope some of this helps. I just search for a server not giving me the glitches to play.

The graphic glitches disappear when you disconnect or completely close the game and load back into a place that normally has the graphic glitches.

In other words, the reason you didn't see artifacts on the second server is because you spawned there. If you spawned further away and hiked there you would've had them. Server settings don't matter, so you will never find a "good" server.

Marvel actually had a solid point, once you looked past his nerd-rage. Pay one guy on your staff to spend one day going through the map and remove all the dead bodies and barbed wire that's causing these artifacts. Then release a patch to the public with these changes.

Boom, functioning work-around. It might take TWO whole days for a guy to do this task though. I know, it's asking a lot...

The patch would probably be a large one because you would have to download a whole new map, but if it fixes the graphic glitches people won't care.

Then if you could work on tents/vehicle saves we'd be golden. Sure hackers are a problem, but they've made it clear they aren't going to work on addressing that issue until stand-alone. Tents and vehicles however were working fine a few patches ago.

Hate hate hate

It's kind of funny how someone can do something completely for free, yet they get totally flamed for it "not being good enough". You know, he could have sat around on DayZ until it was flawless and not let anyone outside a select circle even see it. He could have done that, but he chose to release it to the world. You played it. You got some kicks. Tell me how he has short changed you for the $0.00 that you spent on this alpha-phase mod? He would be entirely within his rights to tell everyone to go fuck themselves and stop the whole DayZ project altogether. He'd be a douche for doing that, but he wouldn't actually be re-negging on anything that anyone is entitled to.

Play DayZ, get kicks. Don't play DayZ, do something else. Whatever.

• Like 1

It's kind of funny how someone can do something completely for free, yet they get totally flamed for it "not being good enough". You know, he could have sat around on DayZ until it was flawless and not let anyone outside a select circle even see it. He could have done that, but he chose to release it to the world. You played it. You got some kicks. Tell me how he has short changed you for the $0.00 that you spent on this alpha-phase mod? He would be entirely within his rights to tell everyone to go fuck themselves and stop the whole DayZ project altogether. He'd be a douche for doing that, but he wouldn't actually be re-negging on anything that anyone is entitled to.

Play DayZ, get kicks. Don't play DayZ, do something else. Whatever.

Thank you for your relevant and thought-provoking post. How insightful. I can't believe nobody has posted that exact thing a few THOUSAND TIMES ALREADY.

Post something useful or GTFO. Please.

• Like 1

I've got an idea. Delete all the tents. Who needs them?

And i would love seeing all the rage as players realise they have to start again when they die and not rely on their duped tent cities 5km out of the map.

I've got an idea. Delete all the tents. Who needs them?

And i would love seeing all the rage as players realise they have to start again when they die and not rely on their duped tent cities 5km out of the map.

useless, ppl wuill find new hacker's box and will setup new tents.

probably server side should not save illegal items. for example if you relog all illegal items will dissappear.