McLovinCR

Next update video

As rocket is the main Guy behind the Mod, I was shocked to hear some of the errors he was commenting on, Ammo, Buildings etc. Czech back pack is the biggest? not a comment on the dog in floor glitch or body outside? Dogs will give you away and you will die a lot.

Not impressed at all, In fact let down by any progress

This build should be the next update. 2013 for standalone for sure.

Is this just the IGN interview with the helicopter death?

Nope... it was an interview with the new update and Rocket was commenting about it.

• Like 1

As rocket is the main Guy behind the Mod, I was shocked to hear some of the errors he was commenting on, Ammo, Buildings etc. Czech back pack is the biggest? not a comment on the dog in floor glitch or body outside? Dogs will give you away and you will die a lot.

Not impressed at all, In fact let down by any progress

This build should be the next update. 2013 for standalone for sure.

I was thinking the same.. czech backpack the biggest?? Although, I have to bare with him, he must have 1000 things flying around his mind.

Also when he was in prone position the dog keeps walking very closeto him. And the stay option is for about 30sec. Sniper fest coming soon.

Edited by McLovinCR

I have a hard time caring about dogs, until they fix all the bugs related to vehicles/tents. I hope he's fixing that in the next patch as well.

The end game is currently a huge waste of time.

I have a hard time caring about dogs, until they fix all the bugs related to vehicles/tents. I hope he's fixing that in the next patch as well.

The end game is currently a huge waste of time.

I'm waiting for the dogs and tent/vehicle fix. The rest is going to be saved for the standalone.

The video was pretty good but watching IGN play is hard to do lol

And they have 5 more vids that are OK, but this one :S. Maybe they were nervous having the creator sitting right next to them watching every movement they made... but yeah painfully indeed.

Biggest bits of information:

Rocket thinks the Coyote Patrol pack is the Coyote Backpack

Rocket thinks the Czech backpack is the biggest pack

Rocket crawls to avoid Zombie aggo

Rockets mum is his Alpha tester

So painful to watch.

Interesting comments on the UI, the visibility and audibity icons are potentially too important to remove. I'm somewhat surprised.

can we shoot our dog ?

I was kind of thinking that when I watched it.

What if I mess up with the scroll wheel? I've done it plenty of times trying to switch guns, and wasted a round or three..

Then I realized that the stand-alone will most likely have a different style menu. (based on Rocket talking about redesigning menus)

I'm sure it will suck during the alpha/beta stages, but I really don't think it will be a problem in the long run. (aka. I don't mean the stand-alone, I mean the mod when it's open-source)

I for one don't really care either way about the dogs.. I wish they would just stick with the basis that they have now and focus on refining the netcode, optimizing the engine, and working as closely with battle-eye as they can. That way when the stand-alone comes out and Rocket hands the mod over to the community, whoever the brilliant people who take it over are, will be able to add cool shit like dogs and bear-traps (not invisible bug-festered ones of death) and fucking grappling hooks or whatever.. I definitely want them to add non-audible signals to the dog tho.. no way in hell I'm going to whistle in a bad situation..

Either way, I'm not worried about the stand-alone, but I will totally admit that the mod has engine problems, which would take waaaay too much time away from proper development for the actual dev team to worry about. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if Rocket jumped into the dayz mod community now and then to toss us a new build to play with, in the future. He did mention using it as a pool for ideas afterall.

Edited by Cyanyde

Lol I felt the same way man...Cringe worthy.

He mentioned on his Twitter that server side tent/vehicle fix is coming ASAP.

• Like 1

He mentioned on his Twitter that server side tent/vehicle fix is coming ASAP.

Good to hear!

Thanks for the info.

You have my beans, sir.

Edited by Tesla Boy

ASAP is no news at all. Of course it's going to be released as soon as possible, but that could be weeks judging by the last few months.

Also, very disappointed in how little knowledge Rocket has about the gameplay of his own friggin game. No wonder the game is full of bugs/glitches/imbalances (Thermal & AS50/M107 should be removed imho).

ASAP is no news at all. Of course it's going to be released as soon as possible, but that could be weeks judging by the last few months.

Also, very disappointed in how little knowledge Rocket has about the gameplay of his own friggin game. No wonder the game is full of bugs/glitches/imbalances (Thermal & AS50/M107 should be removed imho).

No surprise here, he plays very little and on his private build test server. He mentioned he's only shot 1 guy ever.

When you are busy building a mod and a game from the ground up with little to no time to play it yourself beyond testing and you are being harassed by impatient and selfish sofistratimg gamers that demand immediate gratification AND being swept up in a huge gaming phenomenon that you could never have imagined YOU ARE BOUND TO MAKE A FEW MISTAKES.

Sit down and take a mad bong rip. You are taking this so seriously that it is embarrassing

Edited by Red Statham
  • Like 1

When you are busy building a mod and a game from the ground up with little to no time to play it yourself beyond teating nd you are being harassed by impatient and selfish sofistratimg gamers that demand immediate gratification AND being swept up in a huge gaming phenomenon that you could never have imagined YOU ARE BOUND TO MAKE A FEW MISTAKES.

Sit down and take a mad bong rip. You are taking this so seriously that it is embarrassing

Red, What are those words meant to mean? To err is Human i can accept some mistakes but go watch the video again and Use your Bong while your at it if it made sense to you.

I mean no disrespect to Rocket and Co but this video has raised some serious issues for me.

For the developer of the Mod to make such mistakes then I have to worry about the future releases let alone the updates and introduction of "Dog's" (I will admit I am not a fan of the concept of dogs which clearly only track food sources at this point) Yes he may have a lot of Issues in mind but watch the video again and ask yourself "Is this progress?"

In the videos Rocket clearly tells the Player to go to a building which Is not enterable (Yet perhaps? does Rocket know something we don't?) Now if Rocket does not know his Mod perhaps he should stop playing on his private server and come join the rest of us in the Real world where we spend our time trying to enjoy the Mod. Rocket can laugh it off when a dogs' head glides across the floor or even call out "Hacks", but for him to not comment or address on many of the Glitches / Issues of the game is a little bit sad, yes he may be working with the team on said issues but come on!

Slightly off subject also, I read you have only killed one player? Get in game and try not to kill players . You cannot play this mod much if you have only killed one player, Bandits are a part of your main Mod scenario or at lease self defence is.

This to me highlights the differences of Dev and players. He may sit at work / home doing what he does (And I appreciate all he does for the Mod / Standalone) But out here we players are left to the mercy of Hackers / Glitches. This can all be summed up as "Sort the problems out first before introducing new additional material" I can see the fun and potential issues newly introduced (Alpha tested) objects will cause. The hackers and glitches are going to have a field day, dog duping anyone?

These issues should have been sorted out before introducing "dog's" into the current state of the DayZ model, and before you go into the Arma 2 mechanics and it's limitation arguments I was under the impression the developers had access to the insides of the engine? A dog inside the building with it's head sticking out of the floor? I'm sorry but the player whistled a few times to no avail. It again seems to be something new with more potential issues.

I stopped playing the Mod a while back, why? because of all the stated issues. I am a patient man also, I can wait for fixes but after this Video interview it raised some serious question for me about just how long these fixes are going to be and I cannot see any progress being made before some other idea stealing company releases the next best clone. I want to believe in this Mod but that interview has reinforced the notion it is going to be a very long time before we get anything playable. and this pisses me off as I love the Mod and concept of the game.

If I come across as a bit of a twat then sorry, but it is my opinion, you may stone me or bean me but Rocket and Co, please look at the issues and fix them before you put new stuff into the Mod / game! I am not a Rocket hater but This video clearly rang alarm bells for me.

Oh and People, Don't take drugs they clearly do affect your IQ.

For me, just fix the glitches and tent/vehicle saving issue and add dogs.

I'll be more than happy to keep playing it. :D

People seem to forget this is an alpha, glitches will get fixed. But, first and foremost new content needs to be added. Otherwise DayZ will evolve at such a slow pace that most people will lose interest.

I just hope we don't spawn with the dogs, they should be something you find and befriend, not one issued to every player upon every death. I'm hoping that video was a test mode with added spawn supplies and dog, to make the interview easier.